I want to leave this universe and go to Heaven.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2011, 09:54 PM
I want to leave this universe and go to Heaven.
Yep, Christianity is most definitely a death cult. Was talking with some co workers about the implications of a finite or infinite universe. I turned to ask another coworker that was new if she would like to chime in on the topic. She said, "I really don't know, I just want to leave this universe and go to heaven." in a very distraught and pleading manner...

Feel bad for these kids. The idea of heaven doesn't bring joy to everyone who believes it, it makes them hate this life more. =\

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like NotSoVacuous's post
13-11-2011, 10:06 PM
RE: I want to leave this universe and go to Heaven.
Yeah I've also experienced this on more than one occasion. Most recently through my wife's mom. She has made numerous statements like the one you posted. I remember someone talking about 2012 and all that jazz and she just said that she would be happy if the world ended because she would be in heaven. I just kind o stared awkwardly. So much goes along with that point of view that my mind boggled momentarily.
She is someone who lives with a false persona at the forefront most of the time. The shit eater grin so to speak. When it comes down the anger and sadness is so obvious as to make anyone brutally uncomfortable. I am what I call hypersensitive and I feel it through her veil all the time. It feels oppressive. She just doesn't love life. At least not the one she has.
I personally feel the opposite. I may not be happy with the entirety of my life for the moment but I freakin love life!!! It's amazing!!

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like lucradis's post
13-11-2011, 10:27 PM
Wow, that's pretty sad really. Did you ever find out why she said that? (NSV)
13-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Because she believes in heaven? Seriously heaven is their reason for living. It's like in today's podcast (TTA frequently asked questions) an he lady Seth talked to for like twenty minutes. She seemed lost at one point near the end when she asked him how without heaven he manages to find a reason to live. She kept saying what's the point. I have asked myself that question so often but I get an answer everytime. I can't imagine somehow thinking heaven gives me a point. It makes no sense. So what if there's heaven. So fucking what. Then what happens? Why does it happen is never fucking answered. Without an answer what's the fucking point of heaven?
It's a scary mindset. Some of them are literally only good because of hell. They only live for heaven. I must ask them... What is the point in that?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 6 users Like lucradis's post
13-11-2011, 11:14 PM
People seriously do not know what to do with themselves. Really.
They have no idea how they are supposed to feel, behave, they don't know if they can love without there being some kind of limitation.
I see sheep -all around me. I'm thinking that "Lamb of God" was not meant to be ironic.
Undecided
The shit is indeed crazy.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
14-11-2011, 08:16 AM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2011 08:21 AM by NotSoVacuous.)
Why she said what she said? Brain washing I suppose? We were just having a friendly nerdy conversation about the universe. When asked her input, that's how she replied.

Sad really. Undecided

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
14-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Billions of peope around the world wants to go to heaven... ironic thing is that except for the extreamists, not a single one of them wants to die to get there.

When the subject of heaven comes up when I'm talking with a brainwashed individual I often ask them, "What would you do if you were facing someone trying to kill you? Would you fight, try to flee, or just let the attacker kill you?"

They'll give their answer.. If it's either fight or flight then you can point out to them that heaven is apparently not good enough to die for. And if they answer to just get killed..... well there is somthing seriously wrong with their mental health and needs special help.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
14-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Heaven: Floating around with angel wings and a harp where you get to sing gospel all day to a strict moralizer. Yikes.

Eternity: A completeness beyond Gwyneth Paltrow. Yeah buddy! But I'm in no hurry. Wink

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
14-11-2011, 11:34 AM
I want you to leave too....hurry and kill yourself. And if you think suicide is a sin, just get drunk and wander around on the road, that way its not technically your fault.
15-11-2011, 08:32 AM
I want to leave this universe and go to another dimension to spread the good word of trolling.
If going to heaven is the goal then what's the point of living? I know that if you kill yourself you forfeit your ticket to heaven and if you kill someone you don't get to go unless you repent. So I have figured out a system to get everyone to heaven ASAP. Everyone gets into a long chain and kill each other in a domino effect but repenting befoe the next person in the chain kills you. I am full of win. you may begin your praising now,

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 2 users Like Hamata k's post