I want to leave this universe and go to Heaven.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2011, 05:02 PM
RE: I want to leave this universe and go to Heaven.
(13-11-2011 09:54 PM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  Yep, Christianity is most definitely a death cult. Was talking with some co workers about the implications of a finite or infinite universe. I turned to ask another coworker that was new if she would like to chime in on the topic. She said, "I really don't know, I just want to leave this universe and go to heaven." in a very distraught and pleading manner...

Feel bad for these kids. The idea of heaven doesn't bring joy to everyone who believes it, it makes them hate this life more. =\

Yep. Look at all the silly Christians sitting around patiently, and happily, waiting for the rapture. I'm just glad I'm not wasting my life on crap like that.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2011, 01:10 PM

No to Hijack this thread, but to me this is at the core of why so many fundies refuse to even think about the possibility of Global Warming (and other real happenings).

Basically "Why should i care if i leave a mess, i wont be here long and baby jesus will come by with his broom of many colors and sweep up after us".

THIS POV is at the core of SO many misguided policies that will effect many generations after us.........

Its a dangerous way to think. And yeah, its a Death Cult for sure!

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
30-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Heaven does not bring Earthly joy to people because they approach the thought wrongly. Heaven does not provide the joy on Earth, God does. True, heaven is better than Earth, but we are commanded to stay on it so we can preach the good new of Jesus Christ.
If you want everlasting joy, even on Earth, turn to God. The Bible says in Romans 10:9," If you confess with your mouth, Jesus is LORD, and believe in your heart God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."
Where does the joy come from? The bible says in Romans 15: 13, " May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
I plead with you, accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior. You will find joy. You will want to leave Earth to be with him, but you will also want to stay so that you can share your joy with others.
30-11-2011, 04:03 PM

(30-11-2011 03:59 PM)HeWillPrevail Wrote:  Heaven does not bring Earthly joy to people because they approach the thought wrongly. Heaven does not provide the joy on Earth, God does. True, heaven is better than Earth, but we are commanded to stay on it so we can preach the good new of Jesus Christ.
If you want everlasting joy, even on Earth, turn to God. The Bible says in Romans 10:9," If you confess with your mouth, Jesus is LORD, and believe in your heart God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."
Where does the joy come from? The bible says in Romans 15: 13, " May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
I plead with you, accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior. You will find joy. You will want to leave Earth to be with him, but you will also want to stay so that you can share your joy with others.

Bible also says to spread DUNG on their faces....and i aint doing that either!

I am a human, i have lived 42 years. Until you show me that God is MORE moral than i am...i aint buying what you are selling cuz he's got nothing to offer me. I have never committed Genocide, never raped or commanded one to rape. Never used my jedi powers to command a bear to eat 40+ kids. Side by side, god should learn a lesson or two from me!

D
[+] 2 users Like Denicio's post
30-11-2011, 04:50 PM
That's one thing I never understood. Why would God even bother making life if his "children" were going to gripe about it all the time? To me, this is another example of why the myth of heaven is so detrimental. Life would just seem like an inequity from God.
30-11-2011, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2011 07:52 PM by Seasbury.)
(13-11-2011 11:04 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Because she believes in heaven? Seriously heaven is their reason for living. It's like in today's podcast (TTA frequently asked questions) an he lady Seth talked to for like twenty minutes. She seemed lost at one point near the end when she asked him how without heaven he manages to find a reason to live. She kept saying what's the point. I have asked myself that question so often but I get an answer everytime. I can't imagine somehow thinking heaven gives me a point. It makes no sense. So what if there's heaven. So fucking what. Then what happens? Why does it happen is never fucking answered. Without an answer what's the fucking point of heaven?
It's a scary mindset. Some of them are literally only good because of hell. They only live for heaven. I must ask them... What is the point in that?

Most religulous people don't believe animals get to go to heaven, so what's the point of their existence - and food can't be the answer because we only eat a small portion of species. What is the point of a gorilla or orangutang's life? They don't get to heaven and they aren't decent prey...

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-11-2011, 07:20 PM
From personal experience I can tell you that orangutangs are sheer entertainment value. Gotta love a dancing orangutang.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
30-11-2011, 07:49 PM
(30-11-2011 07:11 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  Most religulous people don't believe animals get to go to heaven, so what's the point of their existence - and food can't be the answer because we only eat a small portion of species. What is the point of a gorilla or orangutang's life? They don't get to heaven and they are decent prey...

I've never thought about that, that is a great point. I wonder what the apologist retort would be for that.
01-12-2011, 09:14 AM

(30-11-2011 07:20 PM)lucradis Wrote:  From personal experience I can tell you that orangutangs are sheer entertainment value. Gotta love a dancing orangutang.

And the PERFECT comic relief to ANY clint eastwood movie.

Just imagine how much BETTER Grand Torino or Million Dollar baby would have been with ole Clyde back at clints side!!!!!!

D
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
01-12-2011, 07:41 PM
While I can't say I would want to really go to heaven (not at least with the Biblical God,) I do have high hopes for the creation of technology that will somehow allow me to upload my brain online before I die. XD Although right now its not really looking so good....

Now wouldn't that be interesting? Imagine the possibilities here!

[Image: GummiSpider.jpg]