I want to make someone's day.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2014, 07:31 PM
I want to make someone's day.
I could probably give all my money to a stranger but well, ok, I'm not such an altruist.

I had this weird idea. No, I'm shitting you, it's not weird, it's just totally unoriginal but I couldn't give two fucks. I want to make a bunch of little pieces of paper with something awesome written on them and leave them at random places around the city. They would ideally be in tiny folders that say "open me!" on the outside. Or some shit like that anyway.

I'm thinking about throwing inspiring but not totally cliché quotes in there, something short and refreshing. I know I would love to find something like that next to me on a bench.

I can bet though that most people will be suspicious and ignore it.

Well, sorry if this is a crappy idea and I'm wasting your time, I'm awfully sleepy and when I'm so sleepy my brain partly stops working and it's like I'm drunk, so I'll just leave this here and go to sleep and hope that just maybe I won't feel extremely embarrassed about this tomorrow.

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK.

Oh, have I ever told you that I love you guys?

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like undergroundp's post
03-02-2014, 07:37 PM
RE: I want to make someone's day.
I was in line at a starbucks recently and the dude in front bought the coffee for the person behind him. That person did the same.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-02-2014, 07:42 PM
Sometimes something small and unexpected like that is exactly what someone needs. I say go for it.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
03-02-2014, 07:45 PM
My favorite things to do to make someone's day:

- Give to charity (food, clothing, etc)
- Pull up to random drive through, buy meal for people behind me
- Send friends cigars.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
03-02-2014, 07:51 PM
That's an interesting idea. Ya know what would make it even more interesting? Writing "Open me! (I promise it's not anthrax)".
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
03-02-2014, 08:05 PM
(03-02-2014 07:51 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  That's an interesting idea. Ya know what would make it even more interesting? Writing "Open me! (I promise it's not anthrax)".

I would totally open that! Laugh out load Big Grin
03-02-2014, 08:08 PM
(03-02-2014 08:05 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 07:51 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  That's an interesting idea. Ya know what would make it even more interesting? Writing "Open me! (I promise it's not anthrax)".

I would totally open that! Laugh out load Big Grin

Fart in a jar. Close lid. Leave on table in restaurant. Day made.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 3 users Like Logisch's post
03-02-2014, 08:11 PM
Well shit, or you could just talk to someone that looks like they need it. You know those people that you normally ignore cause they look sad? Yeah those people. Do that.

Atir aissom atir imon
03-02-2014, 08:21 PM
I like it! Who knows . . . the right person just might open it, and you might just make someone's day. The only thing you have to lose is time, bur other people have so much to gain from it.
04-02-2014, 12:08 AM
Do this.

[Image: B5A4E6A2-F310-4E0B-A73D-123DBF07E0EF-484...27943d.jpg]

I've been wanting to do this for a long time. I would love seeing this in my daily travels, it'd make me smile.
[+] 7 users Like LadyJane's post