I want to reclaim a lost friendship, but only if she becomes an atheist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2014, 01:55 PM
RE: I want to reclaim a lost friendship, but only if she becomes an atheist.
Listen to Bemore.
There's nothing wrong with religious people who don't force their views on you. They have the right to believe what they want. Especially since she's still living with her parents, that could destroy the one constant base every kid needs. Leave her alone, lying to her won't make anything better.
How are you any different from the enemy you mentioned to this girl?

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2014, 01:59 PM
Ok I didn't read the comments so sorry if I am repeating anyone. I think you need to take some time to seriously contemplate what friendship is all about. After reading your post you do not sound like a friend to me. You sound like a manipulative sneak. I realize this is the PIAS forum and I hope I am not being too harsh. Sometimes we get these ideas in our heads that we know what is best for someone even better than they know themselves. And sometimes we don't realize how obnoxious we are being. I have been there and ruined friendships. If you really value this person as a friend I suggest you try to have a little respect for her and for ability to choose what is right for herself. If you cannot respect her i think it would be best if you leave her to live her life in peace.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
09-02-2014, 02:22 PM
For the record, I more than likely would not be anywhere near as strident as I feel I have a right to be with who I allow and not allow in club and life if I only had just never met the other girl I met before the one in question. I just decided it's better to be over-protective than to be at all careless and risk being put in a life or death situation.

And, weren't you paying attention to even half of the things I said originally? And, besides the truth is most of you have signatures that represent my core view on all religion in general, so why can't you understand a little better at least?

I recall the false friend who was a devout Christian I had before the one in question, was worse than you are making me out to be. She had tried to blackmail me with devious means and with malicious and utter self-absorbed reasons to watch a most horrible R rated movie (though I had previously explained specifically I do not like such movies and won't watch them) because she wanted to use me as a pawn to appease her guilty concsious of being in love with the actor who plays a leading villain in it and also the very historical villain who he plays! She also even thought she give a me motivation by admitting it as wanting revenge on me for her watching Titanic when I advised her to understand why I loved the movie for postive reasons. It wasn't my fault she had such a warped sense of reality that she had a negative reaction to the happier scenes of it! Furthermore, she was well aware her attempt to force me to watch the movie against my will while knowing I would more than likely have a bad reaction to it made her just evil and she admitted this like she proud of it! So I smacked the evil grin from her face by explicitly explaining I have way too much respect for myself and disrespect for people like her to ever watch the movie. Then I gave her an ultimatum to leave and never come back and not inflice her nuisance on me again, and she did.

So while I do not want to sink to that old enemy's level, I just know I am a better person than her overall and I am right in my athesitic views and she like the other girl in question is all wrong about believing anything about Christianity is any vaildity. I just couldn't risk her turning into an extremist, and I still can't. The fact is that, the reason why any Christian can ever become a nuisnace to anyone is there lack of distinguising fantasy from reality due to how being a believer relaly encourages this.

I am me, and only me. Love me as I am, or hate me as I am. If you hate me as I am, I still love me as I am. But I will then have to hate you as you are. But if you like me as the one I am, I can easily like you as you are. I am an awesome individual and should be known of, and understood only by just such.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-02-2014, 03:59 PM
Did you have in common with this girl your like/appreciation of the wogglebug character I have read about from googling "Wooglebug productions"???

You have mentioned nothing else positive that could stem from this friendship as of yet so I am (rashly) thinking that this "friendship" is because you want a fan of your "upcoming franchise"

You said something in your first post with regards to Christians....

Quote: It is better I hurt them first than wait until they hurt me.

I think you can rationalise this in two ways.....

1: You can go on the defensive and like you say "Hurt them before they hurt you"

2: You can learn from the situation and think "I would hate anybody to feel the pressure and the hurt I have felt, so I will make sure that I never repeat this to anybody else. To make them feel like I felt, in a vicious never ending circle"

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
09-02-2014, 04:41 PM
The truth is, yes. She did love the Wogglebug character. But that was not all we had in common. Because I was able to see she had more in common with me than my old enemy did (she had convinced she loved the Wogglebug so that I was lured into trusting her and then it turned we had nothing in common to the point of being opposites and I ended up feeling played the fool when she hurt me deeply about things she said against my aspirations for my franchise). So I couldn't help but feel like if the new freind had more in common with than the old and false one, then no matter what she would have to be willing to beocme an atheist, and it was for her own good anyway.

I also at the same time had another friend for a few years who I had planned to send the same things to for a year or so already. And, when I did (after the incident with the failing results) she took it quite well and peacably, and just wrote me a response about a very intelligent understanding she had and admitted the only reason religion had so much as entered into her own life was due to the devoutness of her grandparents. But she readily agreed to just go ahead and look into the things I wanted her to. And as far as I can tell, there is no tension whatsoever between us to this day. To be sure, she's a busy college student so I haven't been able to keep up with her a lot.

I am me, and only me. Love me as I am, or hate me as I am. If you hate me as I am, I still love me as I am. But I will then have to hate you as you are. But if you like me as the one I am, I can easily like you as you are. I am an awesome individual and should be known of, and understood only by just such.
09-02-2014, 04:52 PM
Is this a joke?
[+] 4 users Like Dena's post
09-02-2014, 04:54 PM
Your old.....enemy?

For her own good?

I'm going to say this as nicely as possible due to what section we are in.

But you have some SERIOUS control issues that perhaps some therapy might help you with.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
09-02-2014, 11:17 PM
Friendship is based on mutual respect and support. Amazing times and some really shitty times. If you genuinely cared about this person she could be ET and it wouldn't matter to you. Look at the person they are not the tags they put on themselves.
[+] 2 users Like Pippen's post
10-02-2014, 02:12 AM
Look, I understand what you are saying. But I beg to differ. Opposing sides of religious views is not at all the same as liking different football teams. Unless one of them was not even in existence and used mind tricks and blackmail to get people to join it. Also, I happen to love ET the movie and the character. It is my most favorite movie of all time. But I see ET's differences as being limited to his physical nature all around, and only because he happened to be born and raised on literally another planet in another galaxy. The truth is, I fully believe ET's people to be so advanced if not technolgy than at least in their understanding of the universe and how it works to support life or not to support life, and thus none of his kind could have anything to do with religion, and even suppose they did it would be nothing like any in our world that either ceased to be believed in centuries ago, or has not ceased to be yet, but will be. And, my deep love for the ET movie is one of the reasons why I believe so passionately in my own franchise for the Wogglebug. The characters have similarties (mostly subtly) and also ET's movie touches on many of the same themes I wish to attempt to convey with my own.

10-02-2014, 02:28 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2014 02:32 AM by Losty.)
Do real people have enemies? Is almost being black mailed into watching an R rated film truly an endangerment to your life, or was there some other endangerment that you didn't mention? Is this real life?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.