I want to reclaim a lost friendship, but only if she becomes an atheist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2014, 04:55 PM
RE: I want to reclaim a lost friendship, but only if she becomes an atheist.
(10-02-2014 02:35 AM)sporehux Wrote:  
(10-02-2014 02:28 AM)donotwant Wrote:  You can choose your friends on any criteria you see fit.
I once dropped a friend because I didn't like how he thought I deserve to go to hell and was all happy about it.

That's not really arbitrary, although you should have sought mental health support for them rather than de-friending them.
How many dead kittens could you have prevented....

What am I gonna do drag him into ER for being a devout christian? He is harmless physically but he is brainwashed to the core. He was planning to go to africa to preach and he is biblical literalist with no hope of being cured. I debated him for 3 years straight and he simply ignores all arguments. The dude just doesn't give a shit.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2014, 06:10 PM
(10-02-2014 04:55 PM)donotwant Wrote:  
(10-02-2014 02:35 AM)sporehux Wrote:  That's not really arbitrary, although you should have sought mental health support for them rather than de-friending them.
How many dead kittens could you have prevented....

What am I gonna do drag him into ER for being a devout christian? He is harmless physically but he is brainwashed to the core. He was planning to go to africa to preach and he is biblical literalist with no hope of being cured. I debated him for 3 years straight and he simply ignores all arguments. The dude just doesn't give a shit.

Would you have ditched him if it was Aliens instead of Theism ?
Alot of us "active" atheists here were once bible literalists, agreed there are some who will never budge, I start with Noahs arc, get them to agree is not literal and work back to deism.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
10-02-2014, 06:42 PM
(10-02-2014 06:10 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
(10-02-2014 04:55 PM)donotwant Wrote:  What am I gonna do drag him into ER for being a devout christian? He is harmless physically but he is brainwashed to the core. He was planning to go to africa to preach and he is biblical literalist with no hope of being cured. I debated him for 3 years straight and he simply ignores all arguments. The dude just doesn't give a shit.

Would you have ditched him if it was Aliens instead of Theism ?
Alot of us "active" atheists here were once bible literalists, agreed there are some who will never budge, I start with Noahs arc, get them to agree is not literal and work back to deism.
After 3 years of debate I give up. He is completely immovable.
10-02-2014, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2014 07:04 PM by Vipa.)
(10-02-2014 07:09 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  Possibly the best troll ever Big Grin

Almost too good to be true Big Grin

WogglebugLover Wrote:I also understand perfectly well that I did not create this character. And that is in a way the point of it. My perspective of him is far advanced and higher above the entire (or majority) of the fans of the community who already know him. And, because I positively refuse to be a member of their team or to even be respectful towards them, I decided to start my own community that is set up to be against them and spite their arrogance and inability to move with the change of the tide.

This level of zeal for some lame random character - way too epic. But I really have to know what you're smoking, I need some of that.

On a serious note: If you really are the way you represent yourself, please, as others said, seek help. Things will probably not change for the better otherwise. I know someone who isn't capable of actual abstract thinking/empathy etc. (although he thinks he's the only one that is) and he takes everything as an attack against him or thinks others are blind to the truth. And it sabotages every effort he makes. It fuels his depression to new heights and he's on a straight track to a serious burnout (well he probably is there already). Since he started to go to a psychologist it seems to have bettered a bit. Wish you luck.
[+] 2 users Like Vipa's post
10-02-2014, 07:34 PM
(10-02-2014 06:54 PM)Vipa Wrote:  
(10-02-2014 07:09 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  Possibly the best troll ever Big Grin

Almost too good to be true Big Grin

WogglebugLover Wrote:I also understand perfectly well that I did not create this character. And that is in a way the point of it. My perspective of him is far advanced and higher above the entire (or majority) of the fans of the community who already know him. And, because I positively refuse to be a member of their team or to even be respectful towards them, I decided to start my own community that is set up to be against them and spite their arrogance and inability to move with the change of the tide.

This level of zeal for some lame random character - way too epic. But I really have to know what you're smoking, I need some of that.

On a serious note: If you really are the way you represent yourself, please, as others said, seek help. Things will probably not change for the better otherwise. I know someone who isn't capable of actual abstract thinking/empathy etc. (although he thinks he's the only one that is) and he takes everything as an attack against him or thinks others are blind to the truth. And it sabotages every effort he makes. It fuels his depression to new heights and he's on a straight track to a serious burnout (well he probably is there already). Since he started to go to a psychologist it seems to have bettered a bit. Wish you luck.

Much nicer post than mine Vipa Big Grin

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
11-02-2014, 12:57 AM
I was asleep for longer than expected during today.

Just so you know, I have NO intentions of seeking any "help" outside of myself or my personal support and resources. And, I know I am right in my views but that you just cannot understand that because you have not been in MY shoes with anything like what I've been through.

And, my old enemy was essentially representing the dark side of everything you said and that is why I hate her and want to defeat her one way or another. I understand what you say about negative emotion and pain being able to little more than halt my progress. So, I will at least do my own thing to focus on the positive aspects of what I want to do, and use the negative energy to try to fuel the positive and the positive energy to prevent the negative from destroying anything valuable.

But besides these things, I would expect you to try to use such a claim as atheists shunning the religious could be same as the religious shunning the atheists. Still, I feel no fault of my own for deciding to do so. The bad person I speak of was always whining and complaining senselessly about my atheism. I realize now she knew how much smarter and overall better I am than her. She saw in me what she could never achieve no matter how much she wanted or tried to. And, believe me, I didn't know who she was at first. If I had no how she was nothing but bad news from being so shallow and insincere I would never have got myself messed up with her at all!

It is possible if I never met the first girl and thus never suffered because of her at all, I would never have tried (at least not in any direct way as I did) to de-convert the next one. I decided if she was really someone I could trust, and worthy of the respect of my fan club, and overall not capable of turning into my enemy as the other did, then she would be willing to become an atheist or at least look at the reaosns why I became one.

I understand I was thinking too much of myself at the time I decided that. However, considering how badly I was suffering from feeling the loss of trust of two people I once trusted before also, and even feeling I might have been on the verge of losing an important thing for my career that was held by another person (by the way, he has come to trust and support me for honest reasons now), I couldn't help but want to act entirely in self-interest whether or not she liked it. However, I still hold that I am correct in having an all atheist fan club. One reason because the bad girl was attempting to manipulate and blackmail me into "respecting" her by trying push "lessons" on me that would only ever serve to steal away the valauble time I need to devote myself to my own career and my own life that involves people I really like and respect, who are nothing like her. And, I just don't think allowing any Christian to my life or circle of friends invented by my fan club is at all a smart thing to do. Even if I never did what I did to the other girl I would still need to turn her to atheism somehow. And, I understand what I did was a mistake due to lack of foresight and seeing the bigger picture. But I still solemnly vow I will never allow her or any Christian in my club unless they are capable of understanding their "faith" is a falsehood. Because, Christians are more likely than atheists to deceive others about who they are and to lie about being good people, because they themselves have deluded themselves into believing they are superior than atheists because of their delusion about being superior in the invisible eyes of a non-existent entity who they believe stops bad things that are actually happening around them all the while and they themeselves are often the cause of it.

So, I am all too happy to be using the club and franchise to hurt the feelings of all Christians by invoking the truth about them as I see it.

I admit I'm starting to regret starting this particular thread. You seem more intent on looking down on me without really trying to understand me, which I have to disappoints me. Like I said though, you do not know what it is like to be me and what I've been through.

I am me, and only me. Love me as I am, or hate me as I am. If you hate me as I am, I still love me as I am. But I will then have to hate you as you are. But if you like me as the one I am, I can easily like you as you are. I am an awesome individual and should be known of, and understood only by just such.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-02-2014, 01:30 AM
Witness to the origin of a super villain.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
11-02-2014, 01:39 AM
You sound like you have control issues. Let it go.

And, it's not like her eternal soul is at stake.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
11-02-2014, 02:44 AM
(11-02-2014 12:57 AM)WogglebugLover Wrote:  So, I am all too happy to be using the club and franchise to hurt the feelings of all Christians by invoking the truth about them as I see it.

I admit I'm starting to regret starting this particular thread. You seem more intent on looking down on me without really trying to understand me, which I have to disappoints me. Like I said though, you do not know what it is like to be me and what I've been through.

Just curious: Did you ever think about how blood feuds came into being? You know... this eye for an eye thing worked out so well the last couple thousand years.

Frankly, I don't see any effort on your side to understand anyone else either. Why should we consider your side (which we are doing by the way, we just come to another conclusion than you) if you seem fully incapable of understanding anyone else's. You certainly did not evaluate anyone's side in your story so far. The only perspective I've seen is yours. Not one thought about her side of the story, how she could've felt, just nothing.

Or, since you will simply brush it off anyway, here's another idea: tell us what your "enemy" did? I mean other than "forcing" you to sit through a horrible movie.
[+] 1 user Likes Vipa's post
11-02-2014, 03:35 AM
(11-02-2014 12:57 AM)WogglebugLover Wrote:  I admit I'm starting to regret starting this particular thread. You seem more intent on looking down on me without really trying to understand me, which I have to disappoints me. Like I said though, you do not know what it is like to be me and what I've been through.

I think the problem for you is that the people that have responded to you have understood you and are repulsed by your misanthropy, melodrama, self-obsession and paranoia. There is no sane way to give support to your infantile ramblings about your "enemy" and the "WoggleBug".

You just seem to be a thoroughly awful and unhinged person. Your "Application Test Of Membership Requirements" is just disturbing to read (for reasons other than poor grammar):

Alyssa Kane had once tried to steal Cynthia Hanson's intellectual property and also murder all her dreams and aspirations. So if Cynthia had not outsmarted her, this club wouldn't have come to be and Cynthia would not lived. Do you acknowledge Alyssa to be the enemy of everyone and everything around here?[1]

I'm confident that your response will be "you do not know what it is like to be me and what I've been through". There are veterans of wars and survivors of torture and concentration camps that have been through much worse than you could have possibly been through and they don't exhibit your disturbance and disorder.

Your ex-friend's behaviour is entirely understandable. I too would run away as fast I could from you. Your pretensions towards "logic" and "rationality" are laughable given that your posts drip with irrationality and misguided emotion.

Look at your signature:

I am me, and only me. Love me as I am, or hate me as I am. If you hate me as I am, I still love me as I am. But I will then have to hate you as you are. But if you like me as the one I am, I can easily like you as you are. I am an awesome individual and should be known of, and understood only by just such.

Aside from its expression of malignant narcissism it is hypocritical. Why will you not accept others that you wish to befriend as they are? What is so "awesome" about you?

This is supposed to be a personal support sub-forum but it would be remiss of anyone to give tacit support to your warped view of the world. I think you need professional help.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chippy's post