I want to start playing WoW again, but...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2012, 09:07 PM
RE: I want to start playing WoW again, but...
Quote: Fantasy and the element of fiction in games is what makes them fun.

I get that, but it's just the use of the word "faith" that bothered me. Well, it still bothers me, but I'm just gonna... *twitch* try... to ignore it. I'm all for fiction, but it irritates me when I see words misrepresented like that.

... *Twitch* ...

Quote: Something like this could be helpful http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspension_of_disbelief

Thanks. -__-"

On an somewhat unrelated note, I found out Blizzard are implementing "cross-realm zones" on RP servers (I played on Defias Brotherhood, RP-PvP). I shall quote earmuffs to express my thoughts on this:

Quote: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I rolled on Defias Brotherhood so that I wouldn't have to put up with the Goldshire/Silvermoon ERPers (as well as the vampire-dragon-princess-mermaid-Quel'dorei RPers) on all the other servers, now I have to play with them.. and put up with random people griefing/taking resources I'm trying to farm.

I may not re-sub after all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Meh, there's plenty of good games out there besides WoW Smile

I haven't played in a while.
12-09-2012, 10:00 PM
WoW is evil.

It sucks your imaginary soul! (And the money from your bank account).

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
13-09-2012, 02:47 AM
(12-09-2012 10:00 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  WoW is evil.

It sucks your imaginary soul! (And the money from your bank account).

I am entirely okay with this.
[+] 1 user Likes caffeinesoul's post
13-09-2012, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 13-09-2012 04:37 PM by Superluminal.)
Back in my college days I did a bit of WoW. Ran with a US top 50 guild for a couple expansions and consistently placed world top 25 in DPS for my class.

I'm always tempted as well, but I would say, don't go back. It was a good game but it has run it's course and they are grasping at gimmicky things to try and keep people interested.(Pokemon pets anyone?) Your sleeping schedule will thank you as well.
15-09-2012, 08:42 AM
That' pretty awesome, Superliminal. :O

Blah, alright, I'll hold off for a couple of months at least, so I can see the general feedback of the community over MoP and determine whether or not it's worth going back. In the meanwhile, I think I'll play GW2. I don't expect that game to keep me for long. WvWvW is cool, but I prefer in-realm, factional WPvP. I hear the PvE and lore aren't too great either.

I wonder what Zenimax's TESOnline will be like.. :/

Thanks for the responses, y'all.
15-09-2012, 08:08 PM
I was really into WoW in Wrath, I quit after my guild failed hard on Lich King (they wouldn't get rid of this priest who kept getting carried off the platform, because she was the raid leaders wife). I came back in Cata, started raiding with my old guild who merged with some jerk guild. Most of the people from the original guild either quit or transferred servers. So my friends and I transferred and joined a really bad guild...like normal raiding was too much for them. I put up with them until near the end of Firelands, but since I was dumb and signed up for the Annual Pass. I lucked out tho, my CC expired so I just never gave them a new CC.

While I still had my acct I did a few things in the MoP beta, it was ok. It's not enough for me to re-sub tho; "Harvest Moon", "Pokemon", Monks and Pandarians are not going to trick me back (I like Harvest Moon, but I like real HM not WoW shit HM). And after the not so great raids in cata, no guild I would want to go to, LoL, GW2, work and school; I will not be returning to WoW.

My major complaints for WoW are: character models for the pre-cata races havn't been updated for 7 years, they look bad (unless they update them, I havn't been paying that close attention), the community are jerks (especially in dungeon/raid finder), and I always hated dailies.
16-09-2012, 06:52 PM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2012 06:56 PM by caffeinesoul.)
(15-09-2012 08:08 PM)AViegarein Wrote:  since I was dumb and signed up for the Annual Pass. I lucked out tho, my CC expired so I just never gave them a new CC.

Heh, I found a different way (since I was also dumb - quit WoW soon after signing for the AP) - I discovered that if you activate parental controls, a GM will cancel the deal, believing you to be under 18 and thus illegible for the AP. Hehehehe.

(15-09-2012 08:08 PM)AViegarein Wrote:  My major complaints for WoW are: character models for the pre-cata races havn't been updated for 7 years, they look bad (unless they update them, I havn't been paying that close attention), the community are jerks (especially in dungeon/raid finder), and I always hated dailies.

I think it's pretty much been confirmed that Blizz are updating character models during MoP - the monk class apparently demands the character models have more "bones". Blizz are going to give the vanilla classes an overhaul. I think you can get a glimpse of what the new human models are going to look like in this (skip to 00:17):

I agree with you on the community and dailies. The community was the main reason I quit.

EDIT: The Orc looks marginally better in that cut-scene, too.
06-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Hi guys, I thought I should comment on this thread seeing as I'm playing WoW now.

So far the monk has become my favorite class of all time. Best tank ever, best heals ever. Totally new play styles to have fun with. Haven't spent much time as monk dps so I can't comment on that. But the others are solid. I've played heals up to about 60. I'm mostly tanking now and am 71.

The panda models are decent, but not as detailed as the new goblin and worgen were in Cata. So far, I think the goblin faces are the most detailed they have ever done. I've yet to see anything indicating to me that they've done any updates to the vanilla races. All my old toons look pretty much as they always have.

The new Pandaria zone is amazingingly beautiful. This is the best new zone I think I have seen yet and I'm only in the second section with my higher level characters (leveling 3 at once, taking a while). I'm sure the content will "darken" as I go deeper, but for now it's sunshine and farmlands and large Chinese...er...sorry...Pandaren style temples. The artwork is top notch and fits perfectly into WoW.

On my way out the door so I'll just leave it at that. If anyone wants to ask me questions or have me check something for them, feel free. I'm playing Horde toons on Bladefist. If you want to look me up send me a PM.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
08-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Fuck WoW. Go play some Postal.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post