I want to strangle Ray Comfort

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2015, 05:40 AM
RE: I want to strangle Ray Comfort
(05-05-2015 07:18 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Is the video that bad?

I'm debating whether to watch it or not.

I've read enough of Ray Comfort's stuff on RationalWiki to know better than to read or listen to anything he says, anymore. The only thing worse than his dishonesty is his arrogant condescension.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2015, 08:28 PM
Not watching. The man is a liar and a manipulator. He should be left to obscurity and the only purpose of watching him or reading his shit is to see how to rebut it since so many use it (I didn't believe it but I've heard creationists site him). I don't expect anything new at this point.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
07-05-2015, 06:55 PM
There is a hilarious video on youtube where He is doing his whole 20 questions schstick and this Jamaican gal is having none of it and steam rolls right over him and gives him a royal ass whuppin. I'll have to go find it.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
07-05-2015, 07:00 PM
(07-05-2015 06:55 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  There is a hilarious video on youtube where He is doing his whole 20 questions schstick and this Jamaican gal is having none of it and steam rolls right over him and gives him a royal ass whuppin. I'll have to go find it.

Found it! Sorry I don't know how to embed it. I'll just link to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGjziqe_Zak

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
07-05-2015, 08:02 PM
OK I broke down and watched a little. I hate this tactic of theirs to rapid fire questions at someone and throw them off balance looking for a weakness or hesitation that they can pounce on. It just goes to show that their argument is ultimately an argument from ignorance. How about letting them finish answering one question before you stick the mike in their face with another.

Sye Ten Brugencate tried that with Dawson Bethrick and got his ass handed to him because it was written instead of one on one on a video. It won't work unless they can be there in person to intimidate their opponent. If they actually had an argument they would not have to use such tactics. They ought to be ashamed.

07-05-2015, 08:16 PM
Another thing. Don't they realize that what they are doing with this tactic of saying that evolution takes faith, is completely to invalidate faith as a way of knowing anything. After all they claim that these scientists have faith in evolution and they also claim that they are completely wrong!! Therefore faith is not a reliable way of knowing. QED.

[+] 3 users Like true scotsman's post
09-05-2015, 10:02 AM
Want to get real pissed off? Watch the one were her asks people "If Noah's flood didn't happen. Then where did all this water come from?"

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin