I want your thoughts and opinions on this video:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2013, 09:46 AM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2013 10:15 AM by Chas.)
RE: I want your thoughts and opinions on this video:
(20-09-2013 08:34 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(20-09-2013 07:48 AM)Chas Wrote:  I'll thank you to stop calling me out and presupposing my opinions or responses.

Your behavior here continues to be childishly aggressive and has won you no friends.

You seem incapable of learning from your mistakes.

Respond to the video posted in the op then.

I am not interested in having political discussions with you. They have proven to be pointless and fruitless.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2013, 10:03 AM
My thoughts and opinions on the video are...

1: That part of Israel looks like a shithole.
2: The people on both "sides" are born into a bullshit feud.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
20-09-2013, 11:23 AM
PoolBoyG, my apologies for others who chose to make other points arround the posted video.

This sort of video should be required viewing for all americans who allow the unquestioned support of Israel. While I agree with bemore that both sides have been "born" into a bullshit feud there is a very great difference. Within the state of Israel the jews hold the much greater power. The absolute arrogance of the (apparently ultra orthodox) jews when confronting Palestinians was appalling. They knew they had the full weight of the state on their side and just do what they damn well wanted to.

All american supporters of Israel particularly american jews should see this sort of video and contemplate on it.
20-09-2013, 12:40 PM
(20-09-2013 09:31 AM)frankksj Wrote:  IMO, this is a simple problem that was solved 700 years ago... (Switzerland)... There'd be a place for everybody.

I agree. All the residents of Israel and/or Palestine should be moved to Switzerland. Angel

Seriously, I get what you're saying. Both sides are determined to "win," and in trying to do so, both lose. From my perspective, it seems the Palestinians lose more, but both sides lose.

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
20-09-2013, 02:25 PM
(20-09-2013 09:31 AM)frankksj Wrote:  ... today it's the only government from the 13th century that's still standing ...

Well, not quite; the modern state dates to 1848. It's not continuous in any sense but "there has been a polity of sort called Switzerland this whole time", but then, the same could be said of dozens of countries...

(20-09-2013 09:31 AM)frankksj Wrote:  ...they haven't been at war for hundreds of years ...

They had their occasional exciting moments.

(20-09-2013 09:31 AM)frankksj Wrote:  In my last debate with @cjlr, he insists there's no advantage to restricting the laws to the local/state level--he wants one set of laws (his set) that is forced on the whole nation, with no room for dissent.

I in no way said that. I'd appreciate some honesty. Thanks.

... this is my signature!
20-09-2013, 02:33 PM
(20-09-2013 02:25 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(20-09-2013 09:31 AM)frankksj Wrote:  In my last debate with @cjlr, he insists there's no advantage to restricting the laws to the local/state level--he wants one set of laws (his set) that is forced on the whole nation, with no room for dissent.

Putting words in other peoples' mouths seems to be a common tactic from certain posters here. Don't expect that to change.
20-09-2013, 02:48 PM
One group lives UNDER apartheid rule and one group is part the establishment of apartheid rule.

These aren't just equal footing feuding groups. One is attempting to get rid of apartheid and one is trying to maintain it. Remember when apartheid used to be viewed as a fascist racist system when it was implemented in South Africa?

Drinking Beverage
20-09-2013, 02:49 PM
(20-09-2013 02:33 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(20-09-2013 02:25 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I in no way said that. I'd appreciate some honesty. Thanks.

Putting words in other peoples' mouths seems to be a common tactic from certain posters here. Don't expect that to change.

A good beginning is to see if they agree with I&I's tactics. If the answer to that is yes best just not to engage.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
20-09-2013, 02:54 PM
(20-09-2013 02:49 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(20-09-2013 02:33 PM)BryanS Wrote:  Putting words in other peoples' mouths seems to be a common tactic from certain posters here. Don't expect that to change.

A good beginning is to see if they agree with I&I's tactics. If the answer to that is yes best just not to engage.

Yeah, well. Perfect hindsight, and all that.

... this is my signature!
20-09-2013, 03:32 PM
(20-09-2013 02:25 PM)cjlr Wrote:  

Your exact words are here:

Quote:State government is no less arbitrary and corruptible than federal government. The lines on a political map don't change their nature just because they're thicker or thinner

That is precisely what you were saying. The whole debate is that I feel laws should be passed at the state level (the thin lines on the map that everyone can cross), NOT the national level (the thick lines which everyone must stay in). I had pointed out because both sides of the debate insist the whole country must be run the way they want in a 'winner takes all' and everyone else must comply. Neither side is content to keep their laws at the local level so that you can have multiple systems side-by-side, tolerating each other in peace. Your response above is crystal clear: there is "no advantage to restricting the laws to the local/state level".

So, in other words, in the Israel/Palestine feud, you see no advantage to having both sides agree to peacefully co-exist, with "Jewish" laws, like rules around Sabbath, limited to Jewish communities, and "Arab" laws, like mandatory loudspeaker prayer announcements at 4am, limited to Arab communities. You see no advantage to the Jews saying "I will live in a community where we live our life one way, and you can live in a community where you live your life you way." You were clear: there is no advantage to that. It's just as good to have ONE set of laws for the whole country. And this is the result: two sides locked into a never-ending feud while they spend all their resources battling each other to get their laws passed nationwide.

I did NOT put any words in your mouth.