I was a Gangster for Capitalism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2012, 05:09 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2012 05:21 PM by GirlyMan.)
I was a Gangster for Capitalism
As part of his employment responsibilities Girly has to occasionally go on Evangelical missions where he is called on to deliver "Come to Jesus" sermons to scum-sucking slimebag contractors trying to rob the US taxpayers blind. My conversion rate is >90% but only because "We're gonna cut your funding if you don't comply" is far more effective than "You're going to hell if you don't believe".

Before I start one of these sermons I prep myself by reflecting on this statement by Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler which is as true now as it was 80 years ago.

"On War, by U.S General Smedley Butler (1933)

I spent thirty-three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle-man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.

I suspected I was just part of a racket at the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all the members of the military profession, I never had a thought of my own until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military service.

I helped make Mexico, especially Tampico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested.

During those years, I had, as the boys in the back room would say, a swell racket. Looking back on it, I feel that I could have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents."

And then I'll watch my favorite reading of it.

Almost all of the fuckers end up finding their way to Jesus. The few that don't are convinced their intellectual property is worth more than compliance. They are invariably mistaken.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
13-01-2012, 10:11 AM
RE: I was a Gangster for Capitalism
Thanks for sharing that video - I'd much rather hear it from a GirlyGirl than a GirlyMan Wink What line of work are you in, GirlyMan?

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Ever see Dexter?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
13-01-2012, 10:33 AM
How can you rob a taxpayer blind when the sixteenth amendment was never ratified? Wink

And there ain't no moralizer evolved nor created that did not justify the local identity. You provide for your people. And one doesn't get any certainty that there is reality beyond's one's people, one's local identity,.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
14-01-2012, 08:47 PM
(13-01-2012 10:11 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  Thanks for sharing that video - I'd much rather hear it from a GirlyGirl than a GirlyMan Wink What line of work are you in, GirlyMan?

Defense. I use to be a computer engineer, but then I took an arrow to the knee and now apparently I'm just another bureaucrat.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-01-2012, 10:15 PM
I related to this paraphrased quote:

Quote:My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed what I thought was a Higher-Power. This is typical with everyone in the ministerial service.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
14-01-2012, 10:43 PM
My man Smedley!
I haven't seen Smedley in years. Smile
I got into the great Gen. Smedley Butler quite a few years ago -before the time of interwebs, my children... and guess what? NO ONE BELIEVED ME!! And when I showed them -hard copy and all... NO ONE BELIEVED HIM!!

Angel Maybe the view was obscured by some invisible brother/father/lover in the sky.
Faith is faith, it seems. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
14-01-2012, 11:08 PM
(14-01-2012 10:43 PM)kim Wrote:  My man Smedley!
I haven't seen Smedley in years. Smile
I got into the great Gen. Smedley Butler quite a few years ago -before the time of interwebs, my children... and guess what? NO ONE BELIEVED ME!! And when I showed them -hard copy and all... NO ONE BELIEVED HIM!!

Angel Maybe the view was obscured by some invisible brother/father/lover in the sky.
Faith is faith, it seems. Dodgy

Nah...you were just monitored and countered by the Shadow Government's Black Helicopters.Cool

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
14-01-2012, 11:46 PM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2012 12:34 AM by GirlyMan.)
(14-01-2012 10:43 PM)kim Wrote:  My man Smedley!

The Fighting Quaker had a fascinating life. Almost like Forrest Gump meets HamataK.

Quote:"I believe in...taking Wall St. by the throat and shaking it up."

That's the HamataK version of Occupy Wall Street.

(14-01-2012 10:43 PM)kim Wrote:  And when I showed them -hard copy and all... NO ONE BELIEVED HIM!!

It's plain now to all those involved that the Military Industrial Complex is seriously fucked up. Fixing it is gonna be tricky. Too many jobs at stake. I'm a proponent of an increased focus on dual-use commercial application to attenuate the impact.

(14-01-2012 10:15 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I related to this paraphrased quote:

Quote:My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed what I thought was a Higher-Power. This is typical with everyone in the ministerial service.

What if, Hellbound Preacher, you had opted to keep your revelation to yourself and instead of deconverting you opted to stay and try and eat the delusion from the inside out? I mean you coulda been a spy in the house of love.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Thong's made by prison labor. Capitalism gets sexy. I and I 22 763 23-09-2013 06:37 AM
Last Post: Chas
  So.....who loves capitalism? I and I 342 7,705 08-01-2013 05:26 PM
Last Post: HailMeNow
  Is Capitalism an economic system or a political system? I and I 39 1,330 30-12-2012 07:48 AM
Last Post: yongkykun
  Capitalism...but a different topic I and I 3 320 06-12-2012 08:30 AM
Last Post: Logica Humano
  Israel/Capitalism and good ole blood diamonds I and I 32 1,289 05-12-2012 04:57 PM
Last Post: Loggur
  Limited capitalism: a "you're too rich" cap on income Buddy Christ 154 7,009 03-04-2012 11:32 AM
Last Post: germanyt
  proof why fake capitalism doesnt work satan69 1 489 15-03-2012 07:48 AM
Last Post: germanyt