I was a born again worship leader minutes ago!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2014, 04:44 AM
RE: I was a born again worship leader minutes ago!
(12-07-2014 04:43 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(12-07-2014 04:06 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Everyone benefits from questioning everything.

Are you sure?

Dodgy

Sir! I question the motives underlying this line of inquiry.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post
12-07-2014, 05:08 AM
(12-07-2014 04:44 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(12-07-2014 04:43 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Are you sure?

Dodgy

Sir! I question the motives underlying this line of inquiry.

Ma'am! I question your right to question the motives underlying this line of inquiry.

Tongue

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
12-07-2014, 06:22 AM
This is a good series you might enjoy and help clarify some things:

Losing God

Losing God: The Supernatural

Losing God: The Church

Losing God: Hell

Of course I would be remiss if I didn't mention Evid3nc3, his videos are very powerful and thorough about the steps of his deconversion:

My Christian Life

2.0 Deconversion: The God Concept

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
12-07-2014, 11:12 AM
(12-07-2014 06:22 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  This is a good series you might enjoy and help clarify some things:

Losing God

Yup. Those look good.

Why not submit them for inclusion in our Library (follow the link on post #4 (Evid3nc3 is already in there))?

Thumbsup

12-07-2014, 02:50 PM
(12-07-2014 05:08 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(12-07-2014 04:44 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Sir! I question the motives underlying this line of inquiry.

Ma'am! I question your right to question the motives underlying this line of inquiry.

Tongue

Stop that?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-07-2014, 03:44 PM
Hello America.

I was raised similar to you, but did not become an atheist for many years. Everyone is absolutely correct regarding gaining knowledge.

I did the same and re-studied the bible from my new perspective. What a shock to the system when you suddenly see all the insane biblical flaws. Which only goes to show the power of brainwashing!

Best as you can, I think it's wise to avoid conflict with your parents. Over time I would hope they see that you are still you.

Welcome Smile

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
12-07-2014, 10:29 PM
(11-07-2014 07:47 PM)Dom Wrote:  So are you still living with your parents?

no i have my own house i really don't go to church anymore and now i will never go again
13-07-2014, 05:48 AM
(11-07-2014 07:34 PM)america Wrote:  
(11-07-2014 07:23 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  Just to be clear - what do you need feedback about?

to be honest with you I'm not sure. i kind of just wrote what was on my mind and pushed post maybe i should have read it first .iv been having a hard time with family understanding they think I'm being controlled by satan

America, welcome to reality. A ton of us took much longer to come out of our veneer of religious indoctrination. Congrats on making a clean, swift break. When well meaning religious friends bring up satan, I remind them that I do not give credence to ANY superior power. Way cooler reality is plenty for me.

YMMV - mine usually does

Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, "Yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up must come down, down, down. Amen!" If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.
-- Dan Barker
[+] 1 user Likes 6ball's post
13-07-2014, 07:51 AM
(12-07-2014 10:29 PM)america Wrote:  
(11-07-2014 07:47 PM)Dom Wrote:  So are you still living with your parents?

no i have my own house i really don't go to church anymore and now i will never go again

I told my parents back in high school that religion was bogus.
You could tell your parents that you are looking for god, which when you think about it, is exactly what a lot of atheists do. We haven't found any credible, demonstrable evidence for a deity despite the thousands, millions of claims but who knows....

Just remember that atheism is just disbelief in the claim: Gods exist! Other than that, you have no constraints to believe anything else you want.
[+] 1 user Likes RogueWarrior's post
13-07-2014, 04:42 PM
(12-07-2014 05:08 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(12-07-2014 04:44 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Sir! I question the motives underlying this line of inquiry.

Tongue

NO IM NOT SURE OF ANYTHING ANYMORE.. lol