"I was a christian", theist argument.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2015, 07:41 AM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2015 07:47 AM by Tomasia.)
RE: "I was a christian", theist argument.
(13-10-2015 07:39 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 06:39 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  According to you there is no evidence for the existence of a historical Jesus.

Is that the strawman that's inconsistent with the said quotes?

How many times have you been given an answer to that question that isn't the straw man you've constructed? I'm not going to answer that question, again. Read what I've already told you across multiple threads you dumb bastard.

According to you there is no evidence for the existence of a historical Jesus.

This is the not the strawman I erected right? Whatever strawman you're accusing me of, this is not it right?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2015, 07:49 AM
(13-10-2015 07:41 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 07:39 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  How many times have you been given an answer to that question that isn't the straw man you've constructed? I'm not going to answer that question, again. Read what I've already told you across multiple threads you dumb bastard.

According to you there is no evidence for the existence of a historical Jesus.

This is the not the strawman I erected right?

Historical evidence of a guy named Yeshua who may have been crucified along with hundreds of other people? Almost certainly, Yeshua wasn't an uncommon name so I'm sure there were many Yeshuas.

Evidence any one of them is the Jesus from the bible? Not a single shred. Would a guy named Yeshua existing corroborate any NT fictions? No. How many times need you be told this by how many people? Delusional moron Drinking Beverage

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
13-10-2015, 07:59 AM
Here's the equivalent of your argument.

Leather-face is real because Ed Gein was.

-Rick
13-10-2015, 08:03 AM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2015 08:13 AM by Tomasia.)
(13-10-2015 07:49 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 07:41 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  According to you there is no evidence for the existence of a historical Jesus.

This is the not the strawman I erected right?

Historical evidence of a guy named Yeshua who may have been crucified along with hundreds of other people? Almost certainly, Yeshua wasn't an uncommon name so I'm sure there were many Yeshuas.

Evidence any one of them is the Jesus from the bible? Not a single shred. Would a guy named Yeshua existing corroborate any NT fictions? No. How many times need you be told this by how many people? Delusional moron Drinking Beverage

So according to you there is no evidence that the Jesus of the NT, is based on an actual historical person, who was a jewish apocalyptic preacher, cult leader, and failed messiah claimant, who went around preaching about the Kingdom of God, who was crucified by the Romans under Pilate, who had a brother named James, and had disciples, who was the source of variety of sayings, and parables attributed to him, who acquired a large following after his death?

You believe there is no evidence for this right? That this conclusion drawn even by secular Historians like Bart Ehrman, is not based on evidence? Or is this another strawman of your views?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
13-10-2015, 08:12 AM
(13-10-2015 08:03 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 07:49 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Historical evidence of a guy named Yeshua who may have been crucified along with hundreds of other people? Almost certainly, Yeshua wasn't an uncommon name so I'm sure there were many Yeshuas.

So according to you there is no evidence that the Jesus of the NT, is based on an actual historical person, who was a jewish apocalyptic preacher, cult leader, and messiah claimant, who went around preaching about the Kingdom of God, who was crucified by the Romans under Pilate, who had a brother named James, and had disciples, who was the source of variety of sayings, and parables attributed to him, who acquired a large following after his death?

You believe there is no evidence for this right? That this conclusion drawn even by secular Historians like Bart Ehrman, is not based on evidence? Or is this another strawman of your views?

Your argument in a nutshell: Leather-face is real because Ed Gein was.

Who knows who Paul and the other NT authors *based* their fictional character on? Who cares if they believed he was real? People believing something or someone is real, in no way validates it. Example: Molly Pitcher.

-Rick
13-10-2015, 08:14 AM
(13-10-2015 08:12 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 08:03 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  So according to you there is no evidence that the Jesus of the NT, is based on an actual historical person, who was a jewish apocalyptic preacher, cult leader, and messiah claimant, who went around preaching about the Kingdom of God, who was crucified by the Romans under Pilate, who had a brother named James, and had disciples, who was the source of variety of sayings, and parables attributed to him, who acquired a large following after his death?

Your argument in a nutshell: Leather-face is real because Ed Gein was.

Who knows who Paul and the other NT authors *based* their fictional character on? Who cares if they believed he was real? People believing something or someone is real, in no way validates it. Example: Molly Pitcher.

That wasn't the question, I'll bold it for you again:

So according to you there is no evidence that the Jesus of the NT, is based on an actual historical person, who was a jewish apocalyptic preacher, cult leader, and failed messiah claimant, who went around preaching about the Kingdom of God, who was crucified by the Romans under Pilate, who had a brother named James, and had disciples, who was the source of variety of sayings, and parables attributed to him, who acquired a large following after his death?

13-10-2015, 08:18 AM
(13-10-2015 08:14 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 08:12 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Your argument in a nutshell: Leather-face is real because Ed Gein was.

That wasn't the question, I'll bold it for you again:

I've already answered that question more than once. Read what I write dipshit

-Rick
13-10-2015, 08:23 AM
(13-10-2015 08:18 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 08:14 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  That wasn't the question, I'll bold it for you again:

I've already answered that question more than once. Read what I write dipshit

I'm dealing with your accusation that I erected a strawman of your views.

So I'll repeat the question again, waiting for a direct answer, to the bolded portion:

"So according to you there is no evidence that the Jesus of the NT, is based on an actual historical person, who was a jewish apocalyptic preacher, cult leader, and failed messiah claimant, who went around preaching about the Kingdom of God, who was crucified by the Romans under Pilate, who had a brother named James, and had disciples, who was the source of variety of sayings, and parables attributed to him, who acquired a large following after his death?

You believe there is no evidence for this right? That this conclusion drawn even by secular Historians like Bart Ehrman, is not based on evidence? Or is this another strawman of your views?"

13-10-2015, 08:27 AM
(13-10-2015 08:23 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 08:18 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I've already answered that question more than once. Read what I write dipshit

I'm dealing with your accusation that I erected a strawman of your views.

So I'll repeat the question again, waiting for a direct answer, to the bolded portion:

"So according to you there is no evidence that the Jesus of the NT, is based on an actual historical person, who was a jewish apocalyptic preacher, cult leader, and failed messiah claimant, who went around preaching about the Kingdom of God, who was crucified by the Romans under Pilate, who had a brother named James, and had disciples, who was the source of variety of sayings, and parables attributed to him, who acquired a large following after his death?

You believe there is no evidence for this right? That this conclusion drawn even by secular Historians like Bart Ehrman, is not based on evidence? Or is this another strawman of your views?"

You are waiting for an answer you have already been given. You do realize that right?

-Rick
13-10-2015, 08:34 AM
(13-10-2015 08:27 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 08:23 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I'm dealing with your accusation that I erected a strawman of your views.

You are waiting for an answer you have already been given. You do realize that right?

1. Repetition
2. Redundancy
3. Repetition

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post