"I was a christian", theist argument.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2015, 05:41 AM
(15-10-2015 05:37 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 05:34 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  And that's like saying that no one took home videos of my parents when they were kids. Not a lot of people wrote back then, it might surprise you to learn they didn't use email either.

Arguably the most prominent political figure at the time was Pilate, yet we don't have a single eye witness account of Pilate. We don't even have accounts of his death, except ones written not decades later but centuries later. In fact we have no Roman accounts of Pilate, we only have Jewish sources, Philo, Josephus, and the NT writings.

And the Gospels weren't composed out of thin air, but we're complied from a variety of earlier sources, such as Q, M, L, a signs source, two discourse sources, Aramaic sources, perhaps more, all of which would have been far earlier than the Gospels themselves.

0_o

The cognitive dissonance and ignorance is strong with you

Let's hear it, elaborate on my cognitive dissonance and ignorance in the replied post?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2015, 05:43 AM
(15-10-2015 05:39 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 05:33 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Your reading comprehension is awful or you're so insecure in what people are telling you that you're determined to try and find some alternate interpretation (straw manning their position).

I'm not sure how questions can be strawman. You two are the ones that introduced Pauls predominant influence on Christianity, without ever elaborating on what that influence was. As if I'm just supposed to go along with it, as if we're likely to agree.

The assumptions in your questions are straw men.

And if you don't understand how the Christian church started with Paul, then you are too ignorant on the subject to be trying to have a conversation about it.

That seems to be corroborated by the fact that instead of acknowledging simple facts (no writings from or about Jesus from any direct sources. All writings about Jesus in the NT are derived from Paul who created the church and the character), you start throwing out red herrings (no one ever filmed my birth, no eye witness account of Pilate, etc).

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
15-10-2015, 05:45 AM
(15-10-2015 05:41 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 05:37 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  0_o

The cognitive dissonance and ignorance is strong with you

Let's hear it, elaborate on my cognitive dissonance and ignorance in the replied post?

Your ignorant of your own church's origins and Paul's role in it and Jesus' lack of a role in it.

When confronted with these facts, you chose to ignore them and try to find some way to justify your ignorance and your alternate view of reality.

-Rick
15-10-2015, 05:49 AM
(15-10-2015 05:43 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  All writings about Jesus in the NT are derived from Paul who created the church and the character), you start throwing out red herrings (no one ever filmed my birth, no eye witness account of Pilate, etc).

Where did you acquire the belief that Paul created the Jesus character of the Gospels? That any these writers used Paul views and writings in the composing their Gospels? What evidence do you base that off of? Let me guess you heard in somewhere on the internet, and just decided to repeat it?

Are suggesting that they not only had sources like the Q, but a Pauline source as well?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
15-10-2015, 05:52 AM
(15-10-2015 05:49 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 05:43 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  All writings about Jesus in the NT are derived from Paul who created the church and the character), you start throwing out red herrings (no one ever filmed my birth, no eye witness account of Pilate, etc).

Where did you acquire the belief that Paul created the Jesus character of the Gospels? That any these writers used Paul views and writings in the composing their Gospels? What evidence do you base that off of?

Are suggesting that they not only had sources like the Q, but a Pauline source as well?

I did the research to educate myself. Yes

At least this explains why you don't answer my questions. You can't. Just another ignorant Christian who doesn't know the history of their own religious bullshit.

-Rick
15-10-2015, 05:56 AM
RE: "I was a christian", theist argument.
(15-10-2015 05:52 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I did the research to educate myself. Yes

At least this explains why you don't answer my questions. You can't. Just another ignorant Christian who doesn't know the history of their own religious bullshit.

You didn't do shit, you just pulled it out your ass. You heard it somewhere, and just repeated it. Hence why you can't even defend it. Or even elaborate on what the influence was on the Gospels.

What was Pauls influence on Mark's Gospel? What traces of Paul's influence can we see here?

15-10-2015, 05:58 AM
(15-10-2015 05:56 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 05:52 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I did the research to educate myself. Yes

You didn't do shit, you just pulled it out your ass. You heard it somewhere, and just repeated it. Hence why you can't even defend it. Or even elaborate on what the influence was on the Gospels.

What was Pauls influence on Mark's Gospel? What traces of Paul's influence can we see here?

There is that cognitive dissonance again. Drinking Beverage

-Rick
15-10-2015, 06:06 AM
(15-10-2015 05:58 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 05:56 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  You didn't do shit, you just pulled it out your ass. You heard it somewhere, and just repeated it. Hence why you can't even defend it. Or even elaborate on what the influence was on the Gospels.

There is that cognitive dissonance again. Drinking Beverage

Yea, your cognitive dissonance.

If you did the research, and claim it led you to the conclusion that Paul influenced the NT writers, than you should be able to elaborate on the influence on Mark's Gospel.

Or did Paul have no influence on Mark's Gospel? Just other NT Writings?

15-10-2015, 06:10 AM
(15-10-2015 06:06 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 05:58 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  There is that cognitive dissonance again. Drinking Beverage

Yea, your cognitive dissonance.

If you did the research, and claim it led you to the conclusion that Paul influenced the NT writers, than you should be able to elaborate on the influence on Mark's Gospel.

Educate yourself

-Rick
15-10-2015, 06:18 AM
(15-10-2015 06:10 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 06:06 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Yea, your cognitive dissonance.

Educate yourself

Translation: "I don't know the answer to the question, but let me just respond with "educate yourself", to avoid having to confess my dishonesty and ignorance. "