"I was a christian", theist argument.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2015, 06:23 AM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2015 06:27 AM by Tomasia.)
RE: "I was a christian", theist argument.
(15-10-2015 05:31 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Yeah, from what I recall from most of those writings in there alone. There wouldn't be much any difference from how a Christian views certain rules and restrictions of living from how Jews view it. One would more likely be prone to not dismiss Jesus's quotes of withholding the old laws and not abolishing those rules instead of following the gentile conversion path of dropping those rules encouraged by Paul.

Like Christians would all be like messianic Jews, who are Christians, but yet follow jewish traditions and rituals, other then like us common gentile Christians who don't really practice any of that good stuff?

Would that be the primary distinction?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2015, 06:24 AM
(15-10-2015 06:18 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 06:10 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Educate yourself

Translation: "I don't know the answer to the question, but let me just respond with "educate yourself", to avoid having to confess my dishonesty and ignorance. "

Trying to play shrink again.

Here, since you don't seem to understand how one can answer their own questions these days, I'll ask you some questions that will lead you in the right direction of you actually want to know the truth (if not, you'll make the same BS excuses).

Where did Mark get such fantastical stories, like the one I quote in my first post in this thread?

Where did Paul get his stories from? And did Paul include such stories as the ones in Mark?

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
15-10-2015, 06:26 AM
And then what of the other gospels and their inconsistencies with one another and the writings not included in the NT?

For instance, was Jesus from Nazareth or Bethlehem?

-Rick
15-10-2015, 06:26 AM
http://infidels.org/library/modern/paul_...tions.html

-Rick
15-10-2015, 06:33 AM
This story from Mark (as the thread I was referencing is another one where you abandoned ship because you couldn't BS your way out)

Matthew 27:52

"…51And behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth shook and the rocks were split. 52The tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; 53and coming out of the tombs after His resurrection they entered the holy city and appeared to many.…"

-Rick
15-10-2015, 06:55 AM
(15-10-2015 06:26 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And then what of the other gospels and their inconsistencies with one another and the writings not included in the NT?

For instance, was Jesus from Nazareth or Bethlehem?

Uhm, he is from Nazareth in all the Gospel accounts. Perhaps you mean where was he born? If so, only Matthew and Luke say anything about his birth, tying his birth to Bethlehem so that it coincides with messianic expectations, yet they have his family fleeing from their when he was still an infant, and settling in Nazareth.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
15-10-2015, 07:05 AM
(15-10-2015 06:33 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  This story from Mark (as the thread I was referencing is another one where you abandoned ship because you couldn't BS your way out)

Matthew 27:52

"…51And behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth shook and the rocks were split. 52The tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; 53and coming out of the tombs after His resurrection they entered the holy city and appeared to many.…"

Are you confusing Matthew and Mark now? Since that's not in Mark's Gospel.

15-10-2015, 07:19 AM
A penny for a spool of thread, a penny for a needle...

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
15-10-2015, 07:59 AM
Avoidance of the issues and questions (yes, Matthew not Mark for that specific story)

-Rick
15-10-2015, 08:09 AM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2015 08:19 AM by Tomasia.)
(15-10-2015 07:59 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Avoidance of the issues and questions (yes, Matthew not Mark for that specific story)

It appears you're the one doing the avoiding. I asked you about Paul influence on the Gospel of Mark, can we see traces of Paul's influence there? Are you conceding that you're unable to point to any passage or verse in Mark, where you can show some trace of Paul's influence?

Perhaps you think the Matthew verse you highlighted shows Pauline influences, maybe that's why your highlighted that verse, since both the writer of Matthew and Paul speak of the Holy of Holies and the Temple Veil, draw connections between the High Priest, and Jesus? Perhaps you're suggesting that the writer of Matthew acquired that connection from Paul? Is that it?