I was, but I'm not anymore

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2011, 03:15 PM
RE: I was, but I'm not anymore
I find this one of the worst aspects of Christianity. Unfortunately, it IS Christianity!

"When I was 6 years old, I made a conscious decision to accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I began to understand that I was a sinner in need of a savior and that Jesus Christ died for my sins and rose from the dead that I might have everlasting life."

Wow, a little kid at 6 years old believing himself to be a sinner!

Thank you so much for sharing. Glad you saw the light!

"To think of what the world has suffered from superstition, from religion, from the worship of beast and stone and god, is
almost enough to make one insane."

Robert G. Ingersoll
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Organon's post
09-12-2011, 03:41 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2011 03:45 PM by houseofcantor.)
(09-12-2011 03:14 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I just get a red X on this computer.

Maybe my photobucket is over the monthly limit. It's just "a thing," makes me wonder about the "do not make graven image" stuff. Drawing Gwyneth Paltrow is like... well, I'm planning to do another in February - I may not survive. Big Grin
(09-12-2011 02:00 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  One of my favorites! Big Grin

And I need to modify this thread for KC and "his kind".
Let this be the place to post any of your former agnostic life before you discovered God was real.

Well, Gwyneth Paltrow is real and I'm delusional... jeez, just talking about her with germanyt right now has my head spinning. I've said it before but I feel like saying it again...

Calculating beyond (god=love) is just bad algebra. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-12-2011, 03:47 PM
(09-12-2011 03:41 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(09-12-2011 03:14 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I just get a red X on this computer.

Maybe my photobucket is over the monthly limit. It's just "a thing," makes me wonder about the "do not make graven image" stuff. Drawing Gwyneth Paltrow is like... well, I'm planning to do another in February - I may not survive. Big Grin
(09-12-2011 02:00 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  One of my favorites! Big Grin

And I need to modify this thread for KC and "his kind".
Let this be the place to post any of your former agnostic life before you discovered God was real.

Well, Gwyneth Paltrow is real and I'm delusional... jeez, just talking about her with germanyt right now has my head spinning. I've said it before but I feel like saying it again...

Calculating beyond (god=love) is just bad algebra. Wink

It's not your photobucket. It's the web restricitons on this computer.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
09-12-2011, 03:59 PM
(09-12-2011 03:47 PM)germanyt Wrote:  It's not your photobucket. It's the web restricitons on this computer.

OK - but if you draw Rache and get crazy like me, you were warned. Big Grin

09-12-2011, 05:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2011 06:01 PM by GirlyMan.)
(09-12-2011 01:58 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  A picture of Reverend Erxomai before he was hellbound. Circa 2000ish.
[Image: 373876_10150451351153399_721933398_85214...3779_n.jpg]

Goddam HP, if you had been selling anything other than Jesus, anything at all, you'd be a filthy rich fucker by now.

(09-12-2011 03:05 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(09-12-2011 02:53 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Just curious. Why Gwyneth Paltrow?

Drawing her.
(09-12-2011 03:41 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Maybe my photobucket is over the monthly limit.

Nah, I see it just fine. germanyt's computer's got some personal problem and ...

Holy Fuck HoC! Bertrand Russell be damned, I am now a Setian.

You could make some serious money as an artist. ... I mean if you weren't so fucking crazy and were willing to play the game just for the sake of playing. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-12-2011, 06:35 PM
(09-12-2011 05:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Nah, I see it just fine. germanyt's computer's got some personal problem and ...

Holy Fuck HoC! Bertrand Russell be damned, I am now a Setian.

You could make some serious money as an artist. ... I mean if you weren't so fucking crazy and were willing to play the game just for the sake of playing. Wink

Holy Gwynnies. I love that girl.... Heart

The operative phrase being "weren't so fucking crazy." Now it is my destiny to bring the light of Gwyneth Paltrow to the world! Gotta love the crazy talk. Wink

09-12-2011, 06:41 PM
(09-12-2011 02:37 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  Back in jr. high or highschool...

I think that your penance should be to write a rebuttal to yourself.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
10-12-2011, 01:55 AM
(09-12-2011 06:41 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  

And if you ever convert again, you could have a argument with yourself. XD

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes daemonowner's post
10-12-2011, 05:12 AM
I've never really had opposing opinions. I was told god was real I didn't care, I was told I was a boy I wasn't happy, I found out that being a cat was just crazy talk so I stopped showing it off. There's a lot of things about me that I've hid from myself, and these same things have fueled shells of myself to create large complications as the lies I lived fought with the me that needed to come out. When you try to lie for your whole life you can't help but be a little dualistic. The hardest thing about myself i had to reaffirm was that I was female. Try not to convince your kids to lie to themselves. It's really hard to come out of it when you have to accept that you never really wanted that world.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
10-12-2011, 01:44 PM
(09-12-2011 06:41 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  

I can't do it... Just want to go back in time and smack my stupid self lol. There's next to nothing factual in that paragraph and a lot of baseless statements based on shitty understanding of science at the time. In my defense, the school I was going to was Christian and taught creationism, etc. so... I didn't know any better at the time. I was only introduced to what evolution and science actually are in college, when I began to understand and accept evolution (and shortly thereafter deconverted).

Better without God, and happier too.