I was just given two AiG Newletters.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2012, 12:02 PM
RE: I was just given two AiG Newletters.
That's pretty funny man.
Don't they know about your pro evolution stance? Or do they think you're a run of the mill evangelical?
I notice they didn't give Germany any.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2012, 12:06 PM
(09-03-2012 12:02 PM)lucradis Wrote:  That's pretty funny man.
Don't they know about your pro evolution stance? Or do they think you're a run of the mill evangelical?

No, they don't. I would rather keep work and religion separate, so I just don't say anything.

I just let Tim get into it with them about evolution. It's more fun to sit and watch.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
09-03-2012, 12:12 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2012 12:20 PM by ghostexorcist.)
Quote:Skunks, for example, have exceptional eyes that allow them to see in the dark. It makes it possible for skunks to see in nearly total darkness!

There are plenty of animals that have this adaptation. How does this invalidate evolution?

Quote:Also, while skunks have the ability to breed almost any time of the year, what's incredible is that they can delay the fertilized egg from implanting for up to 200 days. This allows the mother skunk to wait until spring to give birth. That's a time when food is plentiful for the baby skunk, and thus the chances for survival are greater.

This actually answers itself: "That's a time when food is plentiful for the baby skunk, and thus the chances for survival are greater." There must have been something about the environment of the skunk family lineage that selected for this trait. Also, snakes do this sort of thing all of the time. I'll admit this sounds a bit odd for a mammal, but, then again, the Duck-Billed Platypus has been shown to have reptilian DNA. Again, how does this invalidate evolution?

I swear ol' Ken needs to get his head out of his keister. These are horribly examples.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
09-03-2012, 12:17 PM
I was going to type out some more of the "science" articles, but the rest of the Newsletters consist wholly of self promotion and trying to sell AiG stuff.

Really... that's it.

09-03-2012, 12:17 PM
(09-03-2012 11:31 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(09-03-2012 11:26 AM)Azaraith Wrote:  BTW, what the hell is happening in your sig? Why is some guy swinging his jacket at people?

Benny Hinn is slaying people in the spirit aka putting a show that mocks Christianity while claiming to be a Christian.

lol. I was wondering why they were falling over from a mere jacket hit. I swear, some of these religious things are so funny I should just grab some popcorn, head to the closest crazychurch and watch.

Better without God, and happier too.
[+] 2 users Like Azaraith's post
09-03-2012, 12:33 PM
(09-03-2012 12:02 PM)lucradis Wrote:  That's pretty funny man.

She's kind of like Wendy Wright. And she knows I'll bitch slap her with some common sense so she doesn't come to me with this crap.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post
09-03-2012, 03:07 PM
Evolution baby! It's all evolution. The proof is in the pudding if you're willing to give it a taste test.

"I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders...
Thanks for getting off my back!"
-
Arcticspear Idea
[+] 1 user Likes arcticspear's post
15-03-2012, 03:46 PM
ARK ENCOUNTER UPDATE

A Seaworthy Vessel

The account of Noah and the Ark is often taken as a mere fairy tale. The Bible, however, is the true history book of the universe, and we can have confidence in what it says about the Ark.

Scripture reveals the basic dimensions of Noah's Ark. According to God's Word, it was massive - 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide, and 30 cubits high (approximately 510 feel long, 85 feet wide, and 51 feet high based on a cubit of 20.4 inches). This is not like the whimsical drawings that depict the Ark as an overgrown houseboat with giraffes and other animals hanging on and sticking out the top.

In addition to its size, God gave other specific information about the Ark in Genesis 6:14-16. His instructions to Noah include the type of wood - "make yourself an Ark of gopherwood;" a pitch coating - "cover it inside and outside with pitch;" a window - "you shall make a window for the Ark;" three decks - "make it with lower, second, and third decks;" and a door - "set the door of the Ark in its side." The specificity in Scripture gives us confidence that this was, in fact, a ship ordained by God to withstand the watery judgment soon to cover the entire earth.

Biblical creationists have historically depicted the Ark as a simple rectangular box, since a detail of the ship's hull is not given. The design pictured here (and to be built at the Ark Encounter) was made by a mechanical engineer who studied the biblical account, ancient ship design, and maritime science for nearly 30 years. The Ark was truly a seaworthy vessel equipped to handle rough seas.

Look for it in 2014.

$3,778,024 (as of 9/06/11) of $24.5 million raised.

Apparently, AiG is building a life-sized Ark for $24.5 million.

15-03-2012, 03:55 PM
I read both of those letters. I had to read a little of the Origin of Species to get my IQ back.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
15-03-2012, 04:01 PM
(15-03-2012 03:46 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Apparently, AiG is building a life-sized Ark for $24.5 million.

Sounds a bit dodgy to me.

But then again so is everything on the AIG website.