I was just given two AiG Newletters.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2012, 04:18 PM
RE: I was just given two AiG Newletters.
(26-04-2012 10:40 AM)kineo Wrote:  Then I suspect that this is a bridge we cannot overcome, and the discussion has turned into a spiral. I'll respond with one last response and then let you have the last word. Smile

I won't bother with any last word - I've said my part on this issue. You are right - we simply disagree on whether or not morality is objective, and how that plays out in practicality. I did read your other post, about studying the bible in depth, and there's a lot of truth to what you say. My only comments on that would be: 1) the basic messages aren't difficult to understand at all, and they are far and away the most important parts; and 2) the biggest reason we find it difficult is not because of the bible, but because of us. We've changed. Since the time it was written, language has changed, culture has changed, customs have changed, society has changed. So yeah, it's going to take some work sometimes to understand just how much we've changed, and why that makes a difference. But I don't think that's the bible's problem - it's ours.

If you ever did read that paper on biblical slavery, I'd love to hear your thoughts. If not here, feel free to PM me some time.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I was just given two AiG Newletters. - SixForty - 30-04-2012 04:18 PM