I was just given two AiG Newletters.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2012, 10:51 AM
I was just given two AiG Newletters.
I shall now transcribe some of the articles so that we can debate them (you're welcome Starcrash).

Give me a bit to type it out...

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
09-03-2012, 10:56 AM
RE: I was just given two AiG Newletters.
what's AiG?

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
09-03-2012, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2012 10:57 AM by kingschosen.)
Skunks and the Smell Test!

Did you know that skunks have a role to play in the creation/evolution debate?

When you hear the word skunk, you of course immediately think of the odor. But did you know that skunks, in addition to the remarkable defensive mechanism of its spraying ability, have many marvelous design features that defy evolutionary explanation?

Skunks, for example, have exceptional eyes that allow them to see in the dark. It makes it possible for skunks to see in nearly total darkness!

Also, while skunks have the ability to breed almost any time of the year, what's incredible is that they can delay the fertilized egg from implanting for up to 200 days. This allows the mother skunk to wait until spring to give birth. That's a time when food is plentiful for the baby skunk, and thus the chances for survival are greater.

There is no way such design features can be accounted for on a the basis of random, evolutionary processes over millions of years. That evolutionary view requires an incredible amount of faith to accept. It does not pass the smell test!

What a wonderful Creator and Provider we have! And His Word is true from the very first chapter of Genesis!

(09-03-2012 10:56 AM)nach_in Wrote:  what's AiG?

Answers in Genesis

Ken Ham stuff.

09-03-2012, 11:00 AM
oh dear! I'm dumber just for reading that Sad

[+] 4 users Like nach_in's post
09-03-2012, 11:10 AM
Lol

How does a creature develop such favourable traits, I have seen no provisions for such characteristics in Evolution. (sarcasm).

I can see almost perfectly in daylight, and I have on occasion been known to hold a poo in for several hours until I reach a suitable location to release the poo in question. On that basis I can only assume that god exists, if he didn't then clearly I would be blind and shit myself all the time.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 7 users Like Eternal's post
09-03-2012, 11:10 AM
No Fucking Way!

God I can't wait to quit this job. I can't believe she gave you that crap. But what's worse is she believes it.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
09-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Evolution and Abortion

Did you know there's a connection between evolution and abortion? The growing influence of evolutionary ideas and increasing acceptance pf abortion have gone hand in hand. Now, some people have unfortunately misunderstood our beliefs as we link evolution with abortion, suggesting that AiG is arguing that evolution is the cause of abortion. Not at all. (In an ultimate sense, sin is the cause).

At the same time, there is a connection between evolution and abortion. If people believe the Bible isn't the absolute authority in all manners - and if they think they're just animals in evolutionary history and are not made in God's image, and are accountable to no one but themselves - the more they will justify anything they want. That includes killing a baby in its mother's womb.

If a person believes he is just an animal in an evolutionary struggle for survival, then in that person's mind a developing baby is also an animal. Just as some people get rid of stray animals by killing them, people might also say: why not also get rid of spare children through abortion?

While evolution isn't the cause of abortion, the more we see people reject the teaching of God's Word and accept evolution, the more they can justify abortion.

09-03-2012, 11:25 AM
I wonder how this people can write without using their brains, I'm not sure if that would be a proof of god's design or a justification to abort their offspring ¬¬

09-03-2012, 11:26 AM
The ignorance, it's blinding! It is AiG though, I'm pretty sure they raid the local psych wards to find their employees.

BTW, what the hell is happening in your sig? Why is some guy swinging his jacket at people?

Better without God, and happier too.
09-03-2012, 11:31 AM
(09-03-2012 11:26 AM)Azaraith Wrote:  BTW, what the hell is happening in your sig? Why is some guy swinging his jacket at people?

Televangelist saving people from eternal damnation

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain