I was never a good Christian anyways

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2014, 11:11 AM
I was never a good Christian anyways
I'm 19 and I'm not out as an atheist to my family because they are paying for my education, and are crazy Jesus lovers and God believers.
I came out as an atheist last year but didn't acknowledge it until this summer, and for about three years I called myself agnostic

So I decided to join this forum because I am in desperate need to talk to people who aren't Christian, and any type of theist for that matter.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Raven the Canadian's post
28-12-2014, 11:18 AM
RE: I was never a good Christian anyways
As an aging atheist, you've no idea how much it gladdens my 'soul' to see so many yoofs escaping the fold.

Welcome.

We have a teen's section if you want to share specifics about your situation with those in similar boats but feel free to explore and join in anywhere on the forum.
28-12-2014, 11:19 AM
Welcome, what's your poison?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-12-2014, 11:21 AM
(28-12-2014 11:11 AM)Raven the Canadian Wrote:  I'm 19 and I'm not out as an atheist to my family because they are paying for my education, and are crazy Jesus lovers and God believers.
I came out as an atheist last year but didn't acknowledge it until this summer, and for about three years I called myself agnostic

So I decided to join this forum because I am in desperate need to talk to people who aren't Christian, and any type of theist for that matter.

Welcome Raven. So glad to see you joined us.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
28-12-2014, 12:20 PM
(28-12-2014 11:18 AM)DLJ Wrote:  As an aging atheist, you've no idea how much it gladdens my 'soul' to see so many yoofs escaping the fold.

Welcome.

We have a teen's section if you want to share specifics about your situation with those in similar boats but feel free to explore and join in anywhere on the forum.
thanksCool
28-12-2014, 12:21 PM
(28-12-2014 11:19 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Welcome, what's your poison?

i feel stupid for asking, but what do you mean?
28-12-2014, 12:23 PM
(28-12-2014 11:18 AM)DLJ Wrote:  As an aging atheist, you've no idea how much it gladdens my 'soul' to see so many yoofs escaping the fold.

Welcome.

28-12-2014, 12:29 PM
Heya Raven Smile Welcome to TTA.

DLJ is English so naturally no one understands a word he says.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
28-12-2014, 12:37 PM
(28-12-2014 12:21 PM)Raven the Canadian Wrote:  
(28-12-2014 11:19 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Welcome, what's your poison?

Smile

I was making a metaphor, as in you've just stepped up to the bar of reason and I'm the bartender welcoming you.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-12-2014, 12:40 PM
Welcome aboard Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume