I was never a good Christian anyways

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2014, 08:32 AM
RE: I was never a good Christian anyways
(28-12-2014 01:34 PM)Raven the Canadian Wrote:  
(28-12-2014 12:37 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Smile

I was making a metaphor, as in you've just stepped up to the bar of reason and I'm the bartender welcoming you.

oh lol, I fee like i should have known that

That's OK. I recognized the the alcohol/poison euphemism, but the "stepping up to the bar of reason" metaphor was a little obscure even for us old folks. Smile

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-12-2014, 08:33 AM
(30-12-2014 06:57 AM)Chas Wrote:  *all right

And, no, Calvinists are not right in the head.

I will spell it 'alright' if it's alright with you. Forward the glorious revolution! I... yeah... the Calvinism thing is kinda Rolleyes But it's like that ol' relative everyone's got who's always telling people to "git orf ma laaawn" - we like them anyway Angel

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
30-12-2014, 08:53 AM
(30-12-2014 08:33 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 06:57 AM)Chas Wrote:  *all right

And, no, Calvinists are not right in the head.

I will spell it 'alright' if it's alright with you. Forward the glorious revolution! I... yeah... the Calvinism thing is kinda Rolleyes But it's like that ol' relative everyone's got who's always telling people to "git orf ma laaawn" - we like them anyway Angel

It's not all right with me. No

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-12-2014, 10:51 AM
Welcome!
30-12-2014, 11:04 AM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2014 09:25 PM by Clockwork.)
Re: RE: I was never a good Christian anyways
(30-12-2014 08:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  
morondog Wrote:I will spell it 'alright' if it's alright with you.

It's not all right with me. No

As long as I can use "alwrong" at some point.
30-12-2014, 09:21 PM
Let's get you through that degree! Welcome and post away! If you need a chat...PM me!

Happy New Year!

-ElCon

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."- Albert Einstein.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Steven Hawking
30-12-2014, 11:19 PM
Well, welcome to the forums. If it is a place where you will find a supportive community that will make you feel wanted and welcomed. Look no further!

Now just sign this paper I have here without reading it and don't pay any attention to it. It has nothing to do with us being a secret satan cult and signing your immortal soul away.

...thats right...ON the dotted line!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
30-12-2014, 11:49 PM
(28-12-2014 11:11 AM)Raven the Canadian Wrote:  I'm 19 and I'm not out as an atheist to my family because they are paying for my education, and are crazy Jesus lovers and God believers.
I came out as an atheist last year but didn't acknowledge it until this summer, and for about three years I called myself agnostic

So I decided to join this forum because I am in desperate need to talk to people who aren't Christian, and any type of theist for that matter.

Welcome! Big Grin

Also, Happy new year for when the time zone rolls around. Smile

Much cheers to all.
31-12-2014, 04:06 PM
have a welcome seal.

[Image: Seal-pup_1458583i.jpg]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
31-12-2014, 05:18 PM
(31-12-2014 04:06 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  have a welcome seal.

[Image: Seal-pup_1458583i.jpg]

Perhaps something like a cassowary might fit better as a welcome animal.. Something which fits the forum; something majestic, perhaps a little strange too, that will not hesitate to fuck intruders up should the need arise...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.