I was nuked in utero 15 times in Operation Teapot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2014, 09:59 PM
RE: I was nuked in utero 15 times in Operation Teapot
(13-12-2014 09:02 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  
(13-12-2014 02:16 AM)sansdieux Wrote:  I'm OK, no cancer, no major illnesses, but I can't help wonder about my son and his future family, and whether to tell him about this, for that matter.

You can tell him or not tell him as you wish. Your son is almost certainly in no danger because of your exposure.

What happens when you get "nuked" is that the radiation, usually gamma rays, rip electrons off atoms in your cells. If you are going to get cancer, it happens usually within 5-20 years after your exposure. Scientists [including my late father] tried irradiating lab animals with huge doses of ionizing radiation and then testing their progeny to see if the cellular damage was genetic. Some, but not all, lab animals did pass the cell damage on to their offspring. HOWEVER, it has never happened with humans. The children of the people who were nuked at Hiroshima did not pass the cellular damage on to their children. If you even had any cellular damage from the Teapot tests, which I doubt, it is very unlikely that it was passed on to your son.

But, being rh negative does not protect you from cancer. My wife is rh negative and she's had two different kinds of breast cancer. We just passed the five year mark post surgery and she is NED [No Evidence of Disease].

Nuclear decay is a fascinating thing. I got to spend a day running around Chernobyl with a dosimeter in November, 2011 and it was one of the best times I've ever had. Two years later I got prostate cancer and had my prostate cut out. Big Grin It almost certainly was NOT related to my Chernobyl trip which is too bad. I would have loved to have been able to say I got the Big "C" in Chernobyl. Laugh out load

Thanks for your post! It's so hard to distinguish fact from fiction online these days, hearing first hand accounts like yours from those who have been there really helps!

Regarding your wife, it could very well be her rh factor that helped destroy the cancer. I know in my family, the only people with cancer were very elderly men and it was prostate cancer, but I was told by my father's doctor that almost every man will produce pathology there eventually (we're living a lot longer).

So glad you wife is without cancer! I'm wondering now, if she got a positive rh gene from one parent. I know I'm a double neg, but I have zilcho idea which of these blood traits is dominant. Interesting topic, to be sure!

~incrédulité~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2014, 09:57 AM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2014 10:44 AM by FSM_scot.)
(13-12-2014 09:59 PM)sansdieux Wrote:  Regarding your wife, it could very well be her rh factor that helped destroy the cancer.

...What?

(13-12-2014 09:59 PM)sansdieux Wrote:  So glad you wife is without cancer! I'm wondering now, if she got a positive rh gene from one parent. I know I'm a double neg, but I have zilcho idea which of these blood traits is dominant. Interesting topic, to be sure!

Rh+ is dominant from what i remember.

[edit fixed the quotes]

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
14-12-2014, 10:20 AM
(13-12-2014 09:02 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  My wife is rh negative and she's had two different kinds of breast cancer. We just passed the five year mark post surgery and she is NED [No Evidence of Disease].

High fives! I just passed the same mark...give your wife a big hug! I was released from oncology last week. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
14-12-2014, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2014 10:28 AM by sansdieux.)
(14-12-2014 09:57 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(13-12-2014 09:59 PM)sansdieux Wrote:  Regarding your wife, it could very well be her rh factor that helped destroy the cancer.

...What?

So glad you wife is without cancer! I'm wondering now, if she got a positive rh gene from one parent. I know I'm a double neg, but I have zilcho idea which of these blood traits is dominant. Interesting topic, to be sure!

[/quote]

I said, maybe it's her rh factor that helped cure her cancer.

Stranger things have happened, and I know as an rh negative woman we go through a shitstorm of medical madness that rh positive women do not including having mandatory gamma gobulin innoculations of live biomaterial for treatment of "immunological diseases" after our first pregancy (so our babies are an immuno-disease? say what?), and after each pregnancy thereafter, too, so that our bodies don't reject rh positive babies, and so our rh positive babies' blood don't destroy us.

We can donate blood to the same type rh positive people, but rh positive blood of our SAME TYPE will harm and could kill us. 'Splain that, Desi. Are we a different species, and if so, why don't they tell us? (horse + donkey) And guess what? They are unable at this time to clone us, unlike rh positives, which are easily cloned.

So this is real for us whether you believe it or not. I've dealt with this my whole life, and I was never able to carry an rh positive baby. Ever. People with rh negative blood do have awesome immune systems so our biggest medical problems are usually immune system related diseases, like pregnancy (wtf?), not cancer.

If you're interested further in this topic, I would encourage you to do your own research and decide for yourself.

Peace!

~incrédulité~
14-12-2014, 10:34 AM
(14-12-2014 10:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(13-12-2014 09:02 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  My wife is rh negative and she's had two different kinds of breast cancer. We just passed the five year mark post surgery and she is NED [No Evidence of Disease].

High fives! I just passed the same mark...give your wife a big hug! I was released from oncology last week. Thumbsup

Congrats to you too, Anjele. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
14-12-2014, 10:53 AM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2014 11:04 AM by FSM_scot.)
(14-12-2014 10:22 AM)sansdieux Wrote:  I said, maybe it's her rh factor that helped cure her cancer.

Stranger things have happened, and I know as an rh negative woman we go through a shitstorm of medical madness that rh positive women do not including having mandatory gamma gobulin innoculations of live biomaterial for treatment of "immunological diseases" after our first pregancy (so our babies are an immuno-disease? say what?), and after each pregnancy thereafter, too, so that our bodies don't reject rh positive babies, and so our rh positive babies' blood don't destroy us.

We can donate blood to the same type rh positive people, but rh positive blood of our SAME TYPE will harm and could kill us. 'Splain that, Desi. Are we a different species, and if so, why don't they tell us? (horse + donkey) And guess what? They are unable at this time to clone us, unlike rh positives, which are easily cloned.

So this is real for us whether you believe it or not. I've dealt with this my whole life, and I was never able to carry an rh positive baby. Ever. People with rh negative blood do have awesome immune systems so our biggest medical problems are usually immune system related diseases, like pregnancy (wtf?), not cancer.

If you're interested further in this topic, I would encourage you to do your own research and decide for yourself.

Peace!

I'm not questioning that being Rh- and having a Rh+ child doesn't cause problems, I know it does, your immune system detects the Rh+ antigen, screams INVADER!!!! and attempt to destroy it. Basically your immune system is over reacting by doing exactly what it's meant to do, going after foreign antigens. Its a bigger issue after the first child due to the secondary immune response. If you get Rh+ blood transfusion its is literally your own immune system killing you by agglutination of the evil invading blood.

What I'm questioning is how a blood antigen could cure cancer.

[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
14-12-2014, 11:07 AM
[/quote]

I'm not questioning that being Rh- and having a Rh+ child doesn't cause problems, I know it does, your immune system detects the Rh+ antigen, screams INVADER!!!! and attempt to destroy it. Basically your immune system is over reacting by doing exactly what it's meant to do, going after foreign antigens. If you get Rh+ blood transfusion its is literally your own immune system killing you by agglutination of the evil invading blood.

[/quote]

Right, but that's not really the right question, is it? The question is, are we a different species, and as such, what are the genetic markers like (cancer fighting and immunity) that are different? These could be genetic differences, not simply the effect or lack thereof of the antigen itself which just identifies and separates us from you. Science shows it to be true with empirical evidence, just read the boards, but no one will touch it publicly yet, and I understand why. The question remains unanswered, but I'm glad people are finally asking it.

~incrédulité~
14-12-2014, 11:23 AM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2014 12:12 PM by FSM_scot.)
(14-12-2014 11:07 AM)sansdieux Wrote:  Right, but that's not really the right question, is it? The question is, are we a different species,
No we are the same species. A species isn't defined by 1 antigen on in the blood. That would be like saying Some one with type O blood is a different species because they lack the A and B antigens.

(14-12-2014 11:07 AM)sansdieux Wrote:  and as such, what are the genetic markers like (cancer fighting and immunity) that are different? These could be genetic differences, not simply the effect or lack thereof of the antigen itself which just identifies and separates us from you.
Well yeah genetics is what separates us..

(14-12-2014 11:07 AM)sansdieux Wrote:  Science shows it to be true with empirical evidence, just read the boards, but no one will touch it publicly yet, and I understand why. The question remains unanswered, but I'm glad people are finally asking it.

What question?

Also "They are unable at this time to clone us, unlike rh positives, which are easily cloned."
What does cloning have to do with blood type??

14-12-2014, 12:34 PM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2014 12:54 PM by Losty.)
(14-12-2014 10:22 AM)sansdieux Wrote:  
(14-12-2014 09:57 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(14-12-2014 10:22 AM)sansdieux Wrote:  ...What?

I said, maybe it's her rh factor that helped cure her cancer.

Peace!

The reason Rh+s can take our blood but we can't take theirs is because the blood is the same with the only exception being that theirs has something extra that ours doesn't. So our body doesn't recognize that something extra and our immune system goes all "intruder alert!" on us.

"Are we a different species?" No, of course not. That's ridiculous.

"And if so why don't they tell us?" Who is they? Why do you think there's like a mysterious group of people our there who know that we aren't actually human but they keep it secret from us? 0.o

*eta* phew took a minute but I think I fixed the quotes.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
14-12-2014, 12:41 PM
(14-12-2014 11:07 AM)sansdieux Wrote:  
Losty's favorite Scot Wrote:I'm not questioning that being Rh- and having a Rh+ child doesn't cause problems, I know it does, your immune system detects the Rh+ antigen, screams INVADER!!!! and attempt to destroy it. Basically your immune system is over reacting by doing exactly what it's meant to do, going after foreign antigens. If you get Rh+ blood transfusion its is literally your own immune system killing you by agglutination of the evil invading blood.

Right, but that's not really the right question, is it? The question is, are we a different species, and as such, what are the genetic markers like (cancer fighting and immunity) that are different? These could be genetic differences, not simply the effect or lack thereof of the antigen itself which just identifies and separates us from you. Science shows it to be true with empirical evidence, just read the boards, but no one will touch it publicly yet, and I understand why. The question remains unanswered, but I'm glad people are finally asking it.

Seriously, all you have to do is click reply, scroll to the bottom, type your answer, and click post. Don't try to change the quote tags that messes up your post.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.