Don't ask. Don't tell.

Anyway now you have more time for golf on Sunday morinings
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RogueWarrior's post
03-05-2016, 08:08 PM
RE: I was outed!
(03-05-2016 08:04 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(03-05-2016 07:54 PM)smitthom624 Wrote:  I would love to tell her and see what happens, but to paraphrase Jack Nicholson. She can't handle the truth.

Then it is her problem she has to deal with. She knows what the right thing to do. She knows that the right thing to do is to let you to make your own choice and to continue to love you and to support you as you can continue to love her and support her. She KNOWS this.
It is hard, very hard. She might think it is not possible for her to do. But she KNOWS that this would be what Christ wanted her to do.
BTW, I am Mormon for 13 years this month

Projecting on to her your fool beliefs is not the answer.
Nor is celebrating 13 years of idiot delusion in a religion founded by a lying charlatan.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
03-05-2016, 08:19 PM
(03-05-2016 08:04 PM)Alla Wrote:  BTW, I am Mormon for 13 years this month

What does this have to do with anything?
03-05-2016, 08:25 PM
(03-05-2016 07:54 PM)smitthom624 Wrote:  I would love to tell her and see what happens, but to paraphrase Jack Nicholson. She can't handle the truth.

Then it is her problem she has to deal with. She knows what the right thing to do. She knows that the right thing to do is to let you to make your own choice and to continue to love you and to support you as you can continue to love her and support her. She KNOWS this.
It is hard, very hard. She might think it is not possible for her to do. But she KNOWS that this would be what Christ wanted her to do.

I think part of it is that she has doubts about the church also, but she is afraid to explore the notion that there is something else out there. And I know that she knows what the right thing to do is, she is just too stubborn to accept the truth.
And I am Mormon for 18 years in June. Converted up in Idaho in '98... now ironically I live in the Mormon capital of the world. Although the part of Utah I am in is a lot less uptight then the northern part of the state.
03-05-2016, 08:37 PM
(03-05-2016 08:25 PM)smitthom624 Wrote:  
(03-05-2016 08:04 PM)Alla Wrote:  Then it is her problem she has to deal with. She knows what the right thing to do. She knows that the right thing to do is to let you to make your own choice and to continue to love you and to support you as you can continue to love her and support her. She KNOWS this.

I think part of it is that she has doubts about the church also, but she is afraid to explore the notion that there is something else out there. And I know that she knows what the right thing to do is, she is just too stubborn to accept the truth.
And I am Mormon for 18 years in June. Converted up in Idaho in '98... now ironically I live in the Mormon capital of the world. Although the part of Utah I am in is a lot less uptight then the northern part of the state.

I live in Idaho. Let her deal with her own doubts and problems. Tell her that you love her no matter what and don't be afraid to share with her your believes and doubts. Very often the problem in marriage is lack communication.
Marriage is more important than many other things in this life. I truly believe this.
I wish you all the best. Smile

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
03-05-2016, 08:39 PM
(03-05-2016 08:19 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(03-05-2016 08:04 PM)Alla Wrote:  BTW, I am Mormon for 13 years this month

What does this have to do with anything?
no comments Drinking Beverage

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
03-05-2016, 08:41 PM
(03-05-2016 08:37 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(03-05-2016 08:25 PM)smitthom624 Wrote:  I think part of it is that she has doubts about the church also, but she is afraid to explore the notion that there is something else out there. And I know that she knows what the right thing to do is, she is just too stubborn to accept the truth.

I live in Idaho. Let her deal with her own doubts and problems. Tell her that you love her no matter what and don't be afraid to share with her your believes and doubts. Very often the problem in marriage is lack communication.
Marriage is more important than many other things in this life. I truly believe this.
I wish you all the best. Smile

Thanks
03-05-2016, 09:02 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2016 03:12 PM by goodwithoutgod.)

*slow clap* Congrats, you have been brainwashed on absolute BS created by a criminal charlatan who tricked people out of their money, was ran out of multiple states, arrested multiple times, found guilty in court for various criminal endeavors, convinced his followers that he could hear god through a rock, wrote a book of abraham that has been completely disproven, wrote a book of mormon that has been completely disproven and you giggle with pride that you have made the conscious choice to believe a cult's disproven BS for 13 years.....well sweety I am happy for you. May you bask in the glory of one of your three made up heavens someday.Rolleyes

So sayeth the shepard, so sayeth the flock Drooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
03-05-2016, 09:14 PM
(03-05-2016 09:02 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(03-05-2016 08:04 PM)Alla Wrote:  Then it is her problem she has to deal with. She knows what the right thing to do. She knows that the right thing to do is to let you to make your own choice and to continue to love you and to support you as you can continue to love her and support her. She KNOWS this.

*slow clap* Congrats, you have been brainwashed on absolute BS created by a criminal charlatan who tricked people out of their money, was ran out of multiple states, arrested multiple times, found guilty in court for various criminal endeavors, convinced his followers to he could hear god through a rock, wrote a book of abraham that has been completely disproven, wrote a book of mormon that has been completely disproven and you giggle with pride that you have made the conscious choice to believe a cult's disproven BS for 13 years.....well sweety I am happy for you. May you bask in the glory of one of your three made up heavens someday.Rolleyes

Laugh out load Holy fuck, it's good to see you back GWOG, and in fine form! Thumbsup
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
03-05-2016, 09:30 PM
(03-05-2016 09:02 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  

*slow clap* Congrats, you have been brainwashed on absolute BS created by a criminal charlatan who tricked people out of their money, was ran out of multiple states, arrested multiple times, found guilty in court for various criminal endeavors, convinced his followers to he could hear god through a rock, wrote a book of abraham that has been completely disproven, wrote a book of mormon that has been completely disproven and you giggle with pride that you have made the conscious choice to believe a cult's disproven BS for 13 years.....well sweety I am happy for you. May you bask in the glory of one of your three made up heavens someday.Rolleyes

When I was researching my way out of Mormonism, I had found out about all the lying and multiple wives and shit that he would do and say to keep the flock in line. Plain and simple he was a crook.....but aren't most religious leaders crooks. Should have done more research in the investigating portion before the discussions. Looking back, I feel like Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes smitthom624's post