I was presented with this argument by a Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2013, 12:12 PM
RE: I was presented with this argument by a Christian
(21-11-2013 06:24 PM)Lawls Wrote:  " If Jesus wasn't divine, then where did Paul's revelation come from?" By that logic, Islam and Mormonism are also true.

Heh. Ask them if they understand the term begging the question.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Doesn't a revelation cease to be revelation when it spreads to another person or more?

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
26-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Paul is as much of a fictional character as jesus. And fictional characters can be made to do anything...including leaping tall buildings at a single bound.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
26-11-2013, 07:11 PM
(21-11-2013 06:27 PM)C²L Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 06:24 PM)Lawls Wrote:  " If Jesus wasn't divine, then where did Paul's revelation come from?" By that logic, Islam and Mormonism are also true.

I believe that Paul was insane by the time he had his Apocalypse. About 14 years in Roman prison can do that to you.

I think Paul just needed to get laid.

Imagine how different Christianity would be if he didn't promote celibacy as a virtue.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
27-11-2013, 12:50 AM
(26-11-2013 07:11 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 06:27 PM)C²L Wrote:  I believe that Paul was insane by the time he had his Apocalypse. About 14 years in Roman prison can do that to you.

I think Paul just needed to get laid.

Imagine how different Christianity would be if he didn't promote celibacy as a virtue.

I'm pretty sure Paul was a homosexual, and unfortunately ashamed of himself for it.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
27-11-2013, 03:07 AM

Paul's revelation is in the Acts of the Apostles, a work of fiction! End of story!

Humans arrived on Earth on 22 October 4004 B.C. A few of us are still trying to repair the ship.
27-11-2013, 06:04 AM
(27-11-2013 12:50 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(26-11-2013 07:11 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I think Paul just needed to get laid.

I'm pretty sure Paul was a homosexual, and unfortunately ashamed of himself for it.

Paul is the classic conservative closet case. He was against all sex since women repulsed him (actually this kind of explains his misogyny) and he believed homosexuality to be evil. He had a perverse self loathing that is almost palpable in his work. The sad thing is this 1st century cult leader and all around piece of shit has had so much influence on the cultural evolution over the last 2000 years. The more you dig up on Paul the more you wish his mother had swallowed the night he was conceived.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
27-11-2013, 06:14 AM

Most any *claim* made by christians were the bible is involved can be answered with "you know the Bible was written by mere mortals - right? And mortals who lived with social, military and political unrest; who needed a means to control people....."

(I could go on - but it all falls under "consider the source" department. you get the idea)

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
27-11-2013, 06:31 AM
(27-11-2013 06:04 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Paul is the classic conservative closet case. He was against all sex since women repulsed him (actually this kind of explains his misogyny) and he believed homosexuality to be evil. He had a perverse self loathing that is almost palpable in his work. The sad thing is this 1st century cult leader and all around piece of shit has had so much influence on the cultural evolution over the last 2000 years. The more you dig up on Paul the more you wish his mother had swallowed the night he was conceived.

If abortion is murder, swallowing is cannibalism... Angel

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]