I was visited by my first Jehovah's Witness not more than 5minutes ago

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2013, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2013 10:14 AM by PoolBoyG.)
Rainbow I was visited by my first Jehovah's Witness not more than 5minutes ago
I thought these sorts of things only happened in the movies.

A pretty white middle aged woman, dressed in beige and white knocked on my door. She was all smiles and polite, and was simply handing out a folded leaflet in person door to door. We exchanged a few pleasantries and she was off.

On the cover of the leaflet it showed a happy family, and words like "you're invited to a free public event", "how can you benefit your family?", etc. I opened it up and looked in astonishment, and then glee that it was filled with bible imagery, bible quotes, and standard references like time and location for said event.

Oh, the theme is "God's Word Is Truth!"

So the JW do exist. It's like I spotted a pixie or elf in the woods.

Hmm. WELP! Into the trash it goes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like PoolBoyG's post
27-05-2013, 10:15 AM
RE: I was visited by my first Jehovah's Witness not more than 5minutes ago
The thing I hate about door-to-door visits is that you can't argue with these people -- not even with the Mormons, though they're expected to handle debates. If you give them an argument against their belief that they can't refute, they'll simply hand you off to someone else, which is exactly what the leaflet did on this occasion. "Don't expect me to know why I believe in what I believe, but come into the church where you can talk to and deal with people who know why I believe it."

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
27-05-2013, 10:29 AM
(27-05-2013 10:11 AM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  A pretty white middle aged woman, dressed in beige and white knocked on my door. She was all smiles and polite, and was simply handing out a folded leaflet in person door to door. We exchanged a few pleasantries and she was off.

Was she hot?

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes KVron's post
27-05-2013, 10:30 AM
Yea that's it, in a nutshell. They will discuss how wonderful god is and how they know the "real" truth. But if you question them, they always just move along.

Normally, I don't answer the door. I get those a lot of those "inner-city" kids trying to sell magazine subscriptions so they'll stay off drugs. They're always so unbelievably rude when I say no.

They claim they're supposed to be learning interpersonal skills. Undecided

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-05-2013, 10:41 AM
I Think I get 'em more than other people, because I'm closely related to some JW's, so they know we'll be receptive.Dodgy
27-05-2013, 10:46 AM
I always get a little tongue tied and instead of asking them some question like; why can I eat pork or why can I fuck my sister, I say if has god in it I don't want it.

I hate people not known to me knocking on my door, I am not prepared, I wish I did a better job with the religious.
[+] 1 user Likes JAH's post
27-05-2013, 11:34 AM
PoolBoyG, unfortunately unlike the elves, JWs do exist and feel the need to intrude on your time and space to shove their stupid-ass pamphlets into your hands. You can read many threads here from people who grew up in the JW insanity. Fortunately for me, I was not one of them.
27-05-2013, 11:47 AM
There's a reason they invented these. Tongue

[Image: 31835.jpg]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
27-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Here's a craft project for today which might prepare one for that unexpected religionist at the door.

Make a smallish 14x7 inch cross from scrap wood - it can be as large or small as desired but make sure the lower part is comfortable to the grip and is proportionally "cross like" in appearance.

Soak your cross in a mixture of gasoline, detergent, and styrofoam - it will gel up so, make certain there's a healthy coating, taking care not to get any near the hand grip area.

Place your gel coated cross in a trash bag to contain the fumes and keep the gel "fresh".

Make sure there is a lighter close at hand - I use an extended flexible, fireplace lighter.

Keep the lighter and your bagged crafty work near the front door. When the time comes you'll want to be prepared.

As soon as there is a knock at the door, whip out that cross, answer the door and after the first few pleasant words of introduction, hold up the cross and light it.

Statements such as "I am an atheist" or simply "Back!" can elicit the desired message and the pretty orange and red spectacle will be impressive to one and all. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 6 users Like kim's post
27-05-2013, 12:17 PM
Kim, at the risk of being a cliche, LMFAO at your post!