I was visited by my first Jehovah's Witness not more than 5minutes ago

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2013, 04:22 PM
RE: I was visited by my first Jehovah's Witness not more than 5minutes ago
Wow. I haven't had a visit since the '70s. I would have thought they would have found 144,000 fools by now.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morlock's post
27-05-2013, 05:08 PM
A friend of mine would see the Mormons coming up the walk and quickly get a cup of coffee and light a cigarette. She would then open the door to the young fellas, say "Sorry, guys, I'd love to talk with you but I'm really hung over and I'm going to be late for mass" then shut the door on them.

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
27-05-2013, 05:30 PM
(27-05-2013 10:11 AM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  Hmm. WELP! Into the trash it goes.

Coulda at least recycled it Dodgy

Big Grin I do.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
27-05-2013, 07:46 PM
I have a "no soliciting" sign next to my front door but religious people don't seem to be able to read or they don't think they're soliciting because, well, they're doing "gods work" and that doesn't constitute selling. Of course they are totally wrong but what can you do.

Anyway, I came across this great quote on some website and next time a Mormon or a JW knocks on the door I'd love to deliver this line....

“Religion is like a PENIS: It’s okay to have it. It’s okay to be proud of it. But it’s not okay to wave it around in Public or to shove it down People’s throats…!” -

Now, I don't know if I actually have the NERVE to say that to some middle aged lady standing on my front porch but it's such a great quote that I'd love to find a time and place to use it.

By the way, I'm female and don't possess the aforementioned apparatus but you are all welcome to use the quote. Be my guest. It's from Mr or Ms Anonymous.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post