I went to church this morning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2015, 09:16 AM
I went to church this morning
So, I went to church this morning... Daughter's confirmation and whatnot. First time back since I finally admitted to myself that I didn't believe.

The band opened up with a fantastic instrumental of the Beatles' Come Together. How appropriate, I thought.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
03-05-2015, 09:25 AM
RE: I went to church this morning
(03-05-2015 09:16 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  So, I went to church this morning... Daughter's confirmation and whatnot. First time back since I finally admitted to myself that I didn't believe.

The band opened up with a fantastic instrumental of the Beatles' Come Together. How appropriate, I thought.

It is definitely an odd feeling walking into church after you admit to yourself that you no longer believe. I just remember thinking to myself while the pastor was doing his thing--How could I have believed all this????? I just remember looking at all the other church members and feeling like I knew something that they didn't.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
03-05-2015, 09:39 AM
Someone just said "the simple minded come to Jesus first. It's much harder for someone who is intelligent." They said the word "intelligent" as though it were an insult or maybe something to be pitied.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes TurkeyBurner's post
03-05-2015, 09:43 AM
(03-05-2015 09:39 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  Someone just said "the simple minded come to Jesus first. It's much harder for someone who is intelligent." They said the word "intelligent" as though it were an insult or maybe something to be pitied.

Yeah, well *thinking* is traditionally looked down upon in the church. Church members are called sheep for a reason.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
03-05-2015, 09:55 AM
(03-05-2015 09:16 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  The band opened up with a fantastic instrumental of the Beatles' Come Together. How appropriate, I thought.

They should have played John Lennon's "Imagine."

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
03-05-2015, 09:55 AM
Shit... that's like invasion of the body snatchers! Confused Were there pods in the foyer?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
03-05-2015, 10:01 AM
Or The Monkees/Smash Mouth's, I'm A Believer.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
03-05-2015, 10:01 AM
(03-05-2015 09:55 AM)kim Wrote:  Shit... that's like invasion of the body snatchers! Confused Were there pods in the foyer?

You're not off as far as you'd think.....

What rational mind comes up with the idea of sticking a dead guy in a box - and burying it in the ground.

What do they think they're going to fucking do -- sprout?????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
03-05-2015, 10:08 AM
Worshipping death.

Takes all kinds, I guess. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
03-05-2015, 10:10 AM
(03-05-2015 10:01 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(03-05-2015 09:55 AM)kim Wrote:  Shit... that's like invasion of the body snatchers! Confused Were there pods in the foyer?

You're not off as far as you'd think.....

What rational mind comes up with the idea of sticking a dead guy in a box - and burying it in the ground.

What do they think they're going to fucking do -- sprout?????

True--but I have to say I do like the idea of irish wakes. We have done that for a few of my relatives.