I went to church this morning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2015, 06:01 PM
RE: I went to church this morning
(03-05-2015 10:01 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(03-05-2015 09:55 AM)kim Wrote:  Shit... that's like invasion of the body snatchers! Confused Were there pods in the foyer?

You're not off as far as you'd think.....

What rational mind comes up with the idea of sticking a dead guy in a box - and burying it in the ground.

What do they think they're going to fucking do -- sprout?????

Screw being buried underground, I'll take my chances with this! http://www.alcor.org/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2015, 06:07 PM
(03-05-2015 10:17 AM)kim Wrote:  I gave no problem with sending someone off with a celebration of their life. But it seems that religious dogma requires mourning one's own life while being excited about what goes on after death. It's so backward.

In Taiwan they have strippers. Yes please.

#sigh
03-05-2015, 06:07 PM
Wait. Hold up. So y'all are calling graveyards and visitation weird?

My grandmother is the only person I've ever lost not to be buried - she was cremated, but stipulated her ashes be buried... I dunno, I had a hard time with closure.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
03-05-2015, 06:23 PM
(03-05-2015 06:07 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Wait. Hold up. So y'all are calling graveyards and visitation weird?

My grandmother is the only person I've ever lost not to be buried - she was cremated, but stipulated her ashes be buried... I dunno, I had a hard time with closure.

Dad was cremated. His ashes rode from NC to TX with my husband and me. We joked that it was the most quiet we had ever experienced dad on a trip (no road rage), with my sister. He was a model passenger. His ashes were on my bookshelf for three months then I drove him with me to Iowa to scatter some of them. Presently, what ©remains resides at my sister's house waiting for one of us to get to the Outer Banks for the rest of the scattering.

Course when my brother went a couple months ago, he skipped that part and left dad in Chicago. I know dad hates it there.

That's not dad. Dad died several months before he died, if that makes sense. His wishes were to be cremated and some ashes scattered here and there. His last wish - it's all good.

My closure came in the months before he was gone. We resolved a lot of things, though not all.

My sister and I both have a morbid sense of humor about the whole thing. Dad has to hate living in her house with six cats...he hated cats. We laugh about it, and it's healing for us. So we are twisted...but in a healthy way.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
03-05-2015, 06:30 PM
(03-05-2015 03:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  But was there food? Tell me about the food.

Donuts. There were lots of donuts and coffee. But nothing else. Ever since we switched from baptist to methodist, the food situation has gone downhill.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
03-05-2015, 06:36 PM
(03-05-2015 06:30 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  
(03-05-2015 03:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  But was there food? Tell me about the food.

Donuts. There were lots of donuts and coffee. But nothing else. Ever since we switched from baptist to methodist, the food situation has gone downhill.

Well donuts are an effective means for meeting God sooner.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post