I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
08-02-2015, 02:00 PM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
For anybody who missed it, and who has a strong stomach, this guy has been posting over in another thread starting here.

It is all argument from personal incredulity and god of the gaps.

COTW, can you please clarify a few things?
Are you a presuppositionalist?
Are you a young-earth creationist?
Do you believe in Noah's flood, the tower of babel, the exodus, and other such OT events?
What do you think constitutes sufficient evidence to accept that Jesus was resurrected?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
08-02-2015, 02:07 PM
(08-02-2015 01:41 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  There is NOTHING in Christianity that is original. NOTHING!

You want to know why its the number one religion? because in addition to mass murder of anyone who disagreed with them against FAR more peaceful people, they took what was already familiar to everyone else and plagiarized it. They have been plagiarizing things since the beginning. Christianity is the copycat religion.

There's gotta be something ... Consider ... Consider ... Help me out here Bucky'sSweatyBalls or GodlessGood or MarkFulton or one of you other scholars. There's gotta be something. No?

#sigh
08-02-2015, 02:08 PM
(08-02-2015 01:46 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 01:36 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  But where did the LIFE force come from? There are plenty of dead bodies at the morgue that are made up of atoms arranged in a particular way, yet they are not living. So it is clear that the life force and the physical matter are two different things.

What life force? What is a life force? Can you demonstrate that such a force exists?

Just a further demonstration that he has no clue what he's talking about. No Biologist or life science person talks about a "life force".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
08-02-2015, 02:11 PM
(08-02-2015 02:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 01:41 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  There is NOTHING in Christianity that is original. NOTHING!

You want to know why its the number one religion? because in addition to mass murder of anyone who disagreed with them against FAR more peaceful people, they took what was already familiar to everyone else and plagiarized it. They have been plagiarizing things since the beginning. Christianity is the copycat religion.

There's gotta be something ... Consider ... Consider ... Help me out here Bucky'sSweatyBalls or GodlessGood or MarkFulton or one of you other scholars. There's gotta be something. No?

Original sin. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-02-2015, 02:12 PM
(08-02-2015 02:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 01:46 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  What life force? What is a life force? Can you demonstrate that such a force exists?

Just a further demonstration that he has no clue what he's talking about. No Biologist or life science person talks about a "life force".

Didn't someone a few hundred years ago try to prove scientifically the "life force" or "soul" had weight.

Seemed to me he weighed people just before they died and again just after and there was no difference.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

08-02-2015, 02:12 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2015 03:27 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(08-02-2015 01:32 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 01:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  Riddle me this, Christ-fellator: why does your God require you to speak for him? Why doesn't *he* speak? And who the fuck are you and the rest of the twits who come through here to convey God's message anyway?

The Bible states that man is without excuse for not believing in God, even saying that only a FOOL says in his heart, "there is no god". The Bible says (touching on the first point) that the evidence is clear based on nature...you know, an entire universe that BEGAN to exist with intelligent life occupying it..you know, shit like that.

And as far as your second question, if I can save just one person on here, then I've done a good thing.

Third, if you want to hear God's message, just wait..because on judgement day, you will hear him loud and clear.

Where EXACTLY does the Bible say those things. If Jebus said "No one shall come to me UNLESS the Father draw him", I guess that means you think you know more than Jebus, AND he told you not to judge, yet you think you get to do just that. "Began to exist" (as Carroll show d Craig), is a meaningless phrase. You said you've been at this for a while. Apparently you are a rank amateur at this. You're not even mildly good at this. Why is it religionists think they can make up shit and claim that the Bible says whatever they want to say themselves, and CLAIM the Babble says it ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
08-02-2015, 02:14 PM
(08-02-2015 02:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 02:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  There's gotta be something ... Consider ... Consider ... Help me out here Bucky'sSweatyBalls or GodlessGood or MarkFulton or one of you other scholars. There's gotta be something. No?

Original sin. Drinking Beverage

I don't think so.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

08-02-2015, 02:21 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2015 03:28 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(08-02-2015 02:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Well actually Christianity was a pretty backwater cult and probably would have died out, and yeah it had nothing new. They appropriated the post-diaspora "golden rule" stuff from 1st Century Judaism that the Rabbis were preaching, and married it to the Greek mystery cult stuff and Mithraism/Zoroastrianism, and .... viola .... Christianity pops out of the oven. The Roman Emperor was smart enough to get that religion can unify a far-flung empire, and he called a council to make sure they were all preaching the same stuff. He didn't care WHAT they preached, as long as they agreed, and it was uniform.

[+] 7 users Like Bucky Ball's post
08-02-2015, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2015 02:39 PM by GirlyMan.)
(08-02-2015 01:37 PM)gofish! Wrote:  The last time I was here, I could swear someone was worried that we'd run out of nutbars to chew on.

See, you needn't have worried...there'll always be a fresh supply...

That was probably me. I prayed to Sweet Baby Jesus to bring us an antidote to the Kumbayah plague threatening the forum. My prayers were answered. Praise be to Allah and Peace Be Upon the Gwynnies.

#sigh
08-02-2015, 02:25 PM
(08-02-2015 02:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 02:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  Original sin. Drinking Beverage

I don't think so.

I'm pretty sure it's original.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post