I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
24-02-2015, 12:20 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2015 12:31 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
What our ineducable tyro theist is missing in his assertion about consciousness, is it may be a question science can't answer. I don't know that for a fact as I don't study that field, I am not a neurologist either but I have heard they have made progress in this field. regardless, the point is dear Cartilage Of The Wild, there are many questions we don't know the answer to in this universe, and it is okay to let go of the fear of not knowing, and embrace the evidence trail that we have. There is no reason to go from...I wonder why blah blah blah..to...GOD!. Simply because science may not have the answer to every possible question in the universe does not invoke the existence of an intelligent creator. Science is constantly learning new info, making new discoveries. Only the gullible, ignorant and uneducated think they have the answer to the big questions by making up fairy tales like...GOD.

Lets review my child..what do we not have evidence of....god. What do we have evidence of...evolution...could god have caused evolution? sure. So could the magical unicorns who live on Venus, or perhaps the little blue men who live inside Uranus....maybe bigfoot is the creator and that is why we haven't found evidence for him, even though thousands swear they know he is real Rolleyes Understand yet? Not knowing the answer to things doesn't require we make up shit. How do we know it is madeup shit? Because you wouldn't know of "god" if it wasn't for mankind making it up. You know of "god" because of the bible, yet it is child's play to debunk the bible and most of those who wrote it...

The first Causal for god is man, since man created him in his own image.

..and you took it hook, line and sinker...aren't you the bright one?

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
24-02-2015, 12:30 PM
(24-02-2015 12:20 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  What our ineducable tyro theist is missing in his assertion about consciousness, is it may be a question science can't answer.

Nope. I think it's on the way to being sorted.

Once Philosophy dis-equivocates the question (considers and defines and refines the problem statement), then Science gets to the empirical stuff and resolve it.

Dan Dennett has the measure of this one. With his evolution / IT knowledge he's Occam's razored away the Hard Problem of Consciousness.

Read Consciousness Explained or better still, Intuition Pumps and Other Tools for Thinking

I think you'll enjoy it.

Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
24-02-2015, 12:33 PM
(24-02-2015 12:30 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(24-02-2015 12:20 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  What our ineducable tyro theist is missing in his assertion about consciousness, is it may be a question science can't answer.

Nope. I think it's on the way to being sorted.

Once Philosophy dis-equivocates the question (considers and defines and refines the problem statement), then Science gets to the empirical stuff and resolve it.

Dan Dennett has the measure of this one. With his evolution / IT knowledge he's Occam's razored away the Hard Problem of Consciousness.

Read Consciousness Explained or better still, Intuition Pumps and Other Tools for Thinking

I think you'll enjoy it.

Thumbsup

Awesome, I had heard there had been some recent revolutionary scientific advancements to understanding sentience/consciousness, but I didn't want to corner myself with making a statement I can't prove, by saying science has the answer. I need to dive into this area then so I have more ammo to fire down range at people who think "consciousness = god". Thanks

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
24-02-2015, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2015 12:59 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(24-02-2015 11:49 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I don't recall denying anything. I said it...the brain is made up of matter

No you said it was made up of cartilage. That's on record kid, and if you betray such a fundamental lack of knowledge on the subject you want to pretend you know something about your gonna get hammered for it over and over and rightfully so.

(24-02-2015 11:49 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I just know that the brain CANNOT be the origin of consciousness

Why not?

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
24-02-2015, 12:55 PM
COTW, click below link, one of our resident Theists has some questions for you...don't run..

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid740540

[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
24-02-2015, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2015 01:02 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(24-02-2015 12:03 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  That is talking about the CELLULAR STRUCTURE of the brain...now of course, the celluar structure of the brain is made up of neurons...if someone takes your brain out of your head, wipe it clean of all blood, guess what...THERE ARE NO NEURONS, no ELECTRONS...but you still have a brain, don't you??

If you can separate the neurons from the physical matter of the brain, then the neurons cannot be said to "make up" the brain if the two can be separated...duh. If a house is "made up" of wood, if you slowly take away the wood from the house, pretty soon, you won't have a house...but if you take away the neurons from the brain, you will still have a brain. This is middle school shit here.

Bahahahahah! Omg you idiot, neurons are physical matter you idiot.Laugh out load Neurons are not the electrical signal, they are the squishy very much fleashy part of the brain that processes and transmits the electrical and chemical signals they are not the signal it's self. Hahahha.

Ahahaha, I can't take you seriously any more that's just too stupid. You took it too far, just too far hahah.

And yes you idiot if you take a brain out of your head, clean of all blood, there are still electrons and still neurons. Do I have to explain what an atom is to you now as well. Omg this is so damn funny!

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
24-02-2015, 12:57 PM
(24-02-2015 12:49 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(24-02-2015 11:49 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I don't recall denying anything. I said it...the brain is made up of matter

No you said it was made up of cartilage. That's on record kid, and if you betray such a fundamental lack of knowledge on the subject you want to pretend you know soemthing about your gonna get hammered for it over and over and rightfully so.

(24-02-2015 11:49 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I just know that the brain CANNOT be the origin of consciousness

Why not?

that is one thing I love about Theists, they "know" so much.

I "know" there is a god.
I "know" JC was the son of this god and died for my eternal sin.
I "know" the universe was created by this fabricated god.
I "know" science is wrong.

or my ever favorite..

"I have a relationship with god" Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

24-02-2015, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2015 01:09 PM by unfogged.)
(24-02-2015 12:03 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  That is talking about the CELLULAR STRUCTURE of the brain...now of course, the celluar structure of the brain is made up of neurons...

Neurons don't make up cells, they ARE cells. They aren't the only kind of cell that make up the physical brain but the electrochemical activity of the neurons is what, from all available evidence, gives rise to the mind.

Quote:if someone takes your brain out of your head, wipe it clean of all blood, guess what...THERE ARE NO NEURONS, no ELECTRONS...but you still have a brain, don't you??

What is that even supposed to mean? If a brain were removed and drained of blood there would still be neurons in the physical brain. They'd be dead so there'd be no activity (guessing that's what you mean by 'no electrons' although your complete lack of even the basic concepts makes it hard to follow) and no consciousness but the physical neurons would still be present.

Quote:If you can separate the neurons from the physical matter of the brain,

Huh? You could, at least theoretically, separate all the neurons from the other cell types in a brain but that'd be like separating all the green M&Ms from the rest of the bag. You'd have part of the physical brain on one side and part on the other. You do realize that neurons are physical things, right?

Quote:then the neurons cannot be said to "make up" the brain if the two can be separated...duh. If a house is "made up" of wood, if you slowly take away the wood from the house, pretty soon, you won't have a house...but if you take away the neurons from the brain, you will still have a brain. This is middle school shit here.

No, they teach actual science in middle school (at least they did in mine). What you are saying is just wrong.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
24-02-2015, 01:01 PM
(24-02-2015 12:59 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(24-02-2015 12:03 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  That is talking about the CELLULAR STRUCTURE of the brain...now of course, the celluar structure of the brain is made up of neurons...

Neurons don't make up cells, they ARE cells. They aren't the only kind of cell that make up the physical brain but the electrochemical activity of the neurons is what, from all available evidence, gives rise to the mind.

Quote:if someone takes your brain out of your head, wipe it clean of all blood, guess what...THERE ARE NO NEURONS, no ELECTRONS...but you still have a brain, don't you??

What is that even supposed to mean? If a brain were removed and drained of blood there would still be neurons in the physical brain. They'd be dead so there'd be no activity (guessing that's what you mean by 'no electrons' although your complete lack of even the basic concepts makes it hard to follow) and no consciousness but the physical neurons would still be present.

Quote:If you can separate the neurons from the physical matter of the brain,

Huh? You could, at least theoretically separate all the neurons from the other cell types in a brain but that'd be like separating all the green M&Ms from the rest of the bag. You'd have part of the physical brain on one side and part on the other. You do realize that neurons are physical things, right?

Quote:then the neurons cannot be said to "make up" the brain if the two can be separated...duh. If a house is "made up" of wood, if you slowly take away the wood from the house, pretty soon, you won't have a house...but if you take away the neurons from the brain, you will still have a brain. This is middle school shit here.

No, they teach actual science in middle school (at least they did in mine). What you are saying is just wrong.

hahahahahahahahahahhaa oh the stupid...it burns!!!!!

[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
24-02-2015, 01:02 PM
(24-02-2015 12:57 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(24-02-2015 12:49 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  No you said it was made up of cartilage. That's on record kid, and if you betray such a fundamental lack of knowledge on the subject you want to pretend you know soemthing about your gonna get hammered for it over and over and rightfully so.

Why not?

that is one thing I love about Theists, they "know" so much.

I "know" there is a god.
I "know" JC was the son of this god and died for my eternal sin.
I "know" the universe was created by this fabricated god.
I "know" science is wrong.

or my ever favorite..

"I have a relationship with god" Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

The funny thing is claiming to "know" there is a God is rejecting the gift of faith that God only gives to His beloved and is necessary for belief in God.

Just saying.

I'm not sure many Christians understand the weight of their words or actions when they claim to have "knowledge".

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]