I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
08-02-2015, 02:28 PM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(08-02-2015 02:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The Roman Emperor was smart enough to get that religion can unify a far-flung empire, and he called a council to make sure they were all preaching the same stuff. He didn't care WHAT they preached, as long as they agreed, and it was uniform.

Ah, that's what was novel. Brilliant!

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2015, 02:35 PM
(08-02-2015 02:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 02:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The Roman Emperor was smart enough to get that religion can unify a far-flung empire, and he called a council to make sure they were all preaching the same stuff. He didn't care WHAT they preached, as long as they agreed, and it was uniform.

Ah, that's what was novel. Brilliant!

I think also that you're missing that Christianity's unique "turn the other cheek/passive resistance" stance made it ideal for making sure that subjects would always be "wrong" if they sought violent resistance.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 1 user Likes gofish!'s post
08-02-2015, 02:35 PM
(08-02-2015 12:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 12:39 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  There is plenty of evidence for me and the rest of the billions of Christians in this world.

Wow. I'm convinced. You're a really good 'bater Smile

You're saying he's a Master Baiter????

Well that's good....

At least he'll have SOMETHING to show for his efforts.....

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
08-02-2015, 02:41 PM
(08-02-2015 02:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 02:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't think so.

I'm pretty sure it's original.

I'm pretty sure one of the yoga branches of Hinduism taught or teaches something kinda familiar.

It follows along the Adam/Eve story...tree of knowledge. No talking snake tho. Later someone else redeems the cursed ones.

But it's been decades since I read about it...could be wrong.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

08-02-2015, 02:45 PM
(08-02-2015 01:32 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  The Bible states that man is without excuse for not believing in God, even saying that only a FOOL says in his heart, "there is no god". The Bible says (touching on the first point) that the evidence is clear based on nature...you know, an entire universe that BEGAN to exist with intelligent life occupying it..you know, shit like that.

I agree. There's a lot of shit like that in the bible. Specifically, bullshit like that.

Quote:And as far as your second question, if I can save just one person on here, then I've done a good thing.

That may be the one thing I sometimes regret about not seeing any reason to believe in an afterlife...if I'm wrong I will get the chance to learn that but if I'm right believers will never get the chance to see how much evil they did by getting people to wallow in fear and ignorance.

Quote:Third, if you want to hear God's message, just wait..because on judgement day, you will hear him loud and clear.

Yep, when all else fails, threats are the way to go.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
08-02-2015, 02:51 PM
So far all I've gotten from this one is "I don't know, must be god" and "cuz magic."
[+] 6 users Like pablo's post
08-02-2015, 02:56 PM
(08-02-2015 02:51 PM)pablo Wrote:  So far all I've gotten from this one is "I don't know, must be god" and "cuz magic."

There was a brief sidebar potato salad discussion that is currently unresolved.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-02-2015, 02:59 PM
(08-02-2015 02:56 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 02:51 PM)pablo Wrote:  So far all I've gotten from this one is "I don't know, must be god" and "cuz magic."

...but the arguments made are far more compelling than the other religious debate on this thread....

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 1 user Likes gofish!'s post
08-02-2015, 03:00 PM
(08-02-2015 02:56 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

I must have missed the part about Ron White. Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
08-02-2015, 03:03 PM

That's all he has, along with a dose of "I don't understand the science"

(08-02-2015 02:56 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  There was a brief sidebar potato salad discussion that is currently unresolved.

I'm neutral on the issue...potato salad is good with any kind of potato as far as I'm concerned. Damn, now I want some potato salad.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP