I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
26-02-2015, 01:35 PM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(25-02-2015 02:02 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Which god? Psalms 82.1 ,and prove it. I posit that the Great Pumpkin is behind the curtain...

Lets continue to pretend as if the Judeo-Christian God isn't the One True God. Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2015, 01:35 PM
(26-02-2015 01:33 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(25-02-2015 02:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, really? If some being created the very first living thing, then evolution would still occur.

What if this being created without evolution, then what?

That didn't happen. We already know that replication is not perfect and that reproductive success is not equal. Therefore, evolution must occur.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-02-2015, 01:38 PM
(25-02-2015 01:49 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Thank you for that.

Since there has been a long time between my posts, let me recap.

This started with my post here (in regards to the origin of life) in which I suggested you watch the video series that was linked by Bucky Ball and is in this post. You said you had replied to it and your reply is here, but that shows you were replying to a different video.

So, regarding the original point about the origin of life, I suggest you watch that video series in Bucky Ball's post.

Well, I will put it to you this way...I responded to a specific video that Buckey posted...now if there is any other video saying something contrary to what the guy in the video that I responded too is saying...then they are contradicting one another and they need to take it up with each other. I quoted what the guy said in the video, and the time that he said it...and he made the point for me...so if there is another video out there that is contrary to this, then that isn't my problem.
26-02-2015, 01:47 PM
(25-02-2015 02:02 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Okay.. why is it that 'X' is not true, then 'Y' is not true?
Abiogenesis is not dependent on evolution and vice-verse. Evolution, the theory, works well enough as it is.

Well, contrary to what some of you may WANT to be true...we currently don't know how life orignated by natural processes. So, the proposition of "Life originated from nonlife"...that proposition is either true, or false. If it is even POSSIBLE for it to be false, then evolution (without God) cannot be said to be true, because if the proposition "Life originated from nonlife" is false, then evolution (without God) would NEVER take off, because it DEPENDS on preexisting life.

It is a prime example of the cart before the horse fallacy. Now if you want to believe that evolution occurred with divine intervention, fine...but then again, you can't be an atheist once you do that.

(25-02-2015 02:02 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Also, still interested in hearing what you think 'The brain' is... as in what you've stated when you mentioned taking out the neurons, ganglia, blood etc.

But it doesn't matter what the brain is made up of..I am talking about the origin of consciousness....and nothing within the brain cannot be used to explain the origin of the mind, because mental states are distinct from physical states.

That is where science run into problems...science biggest problems come from any question regarding absolute origins...and the origin of the universe, life, and consciousness...there is a reason why these questions are so difficult to answer...because science only deals with shit after it got here, but isn't capable of telling us where did shit come from in the first place.
26-02-2015, 01:49 PM
(26-02-2015 01:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  That didn't happen. We already know that replication is not perfect and that reproductive success is not equal. Therefore, evolution must occur.

Oh, so you were there when life came from nonlife? Please describe to me what you saw, since you were an eyewitness to the account.
26-02-2015, 01:50 PM
(25-02-2015 01:58 PM)natachan Wrote:  
Quote:Bullshit. If abiogenesis is false, then evolution can't occur.

It can and does. You've already admitted such by conceding it happens within "kinds." Someone can probably find the quote where you said it.

But I'm a bored kitten and don't care enough to look.

I thought you weren't talking to me anymore? Cool
26-02-2015, 01:53 PM
(26-02-2015 01:32 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(25-02-2015 08:09 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Are you high right now? Wait...you don't know what the fossil record is do you?

I reject whatever it is.

I just love the smell of willful ignorance in the morning.
Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
26-02-2015, 01:59 PM
(26-02-2015 01:49 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 01:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  That didn't happen. We already know that replication is not perfect and that reproductive success is not equal. Therefore, evolution must occur.

Oh, so you were there when life came from nonlife? Please describe to me what you saw, since you were an eyewitness to the account.

What? You asked if life were created perfect; I point out that we already know from the evidence that reproduction is not perfect. Please try to follow along.

26-02-2015, 02:01 PM
(26-02-2015 01:49 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  

What? You asked if life were created 'without evolution'; I point out that we already know from the evidence that reproduction is not perfect, therefore evolution inevitably follows.

26-02-2015, 02:30 PM
(26-02-2015 01:35 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(25-02-2015 02:02 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Which god? Psalms 82.1 ,and prove it. I posit that the Great Pumpkin is behind the curtain...

Lets continue to pretend as if the Judeo-Christian God isn't the One True God. Thumbsup

Lets continue to pretend as if the Judeo-Christian God is the One True God. Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)