I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
28-02-2015, 08:51 AM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(28-02-2015 08:36 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(28-02-2015 08:17 AM)Chas Wrote:  What is it that you think differentiates one 'kind' from another? Please be precise.

I will put it to you this way, Chas...I am sure you have either children, or grandchildren...or even nieces and nephews...so this is what I want you to do for me; conduct an experiment....all of the children in your family between the ages of 5-7....show them pictures of a lion, tiger, cheetah, leopard, ocelot, and turtle.

Now you ask the children, "Which animal is different than the rest", and know you have bright young children in your family, so I guaranDAMNtee all of them will choose the turtle.

Now, if a 5 year old can distinguish the differences in the "kinds", then why can't mature adults?? Laugh out load

So, you refuse to be precise? Try again, only this time explain it in biological terms.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-02-2015, 09:10 AM
(28-02-2015 08:36 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(28-02-2015 08:17 AM)Chas Wrote:  What is it that you think differentiates one 'kind' from another? Please be precise.

I will put it to you this way, Chas...I am sure you have either children, or grandchildren...or even nieces and nephews...so this is what I want you to do for me; conduct an experiment....all of the children in your family between the ages of 5-7....show them pictures of a lion, tiger, cheetah, leopard, ocelot, and turtle.

Now you ask the children, "Which animal is different than the rest", and know you have bright young children in your family, so I guaranDAMNtee all of them will choose the turtle.

Now, if a 5 year old can distinguish the differences in the "kinds", then why can't mature adults?? Laugh out load

Perhaps the question to ask is why would you want 5 year olds determining biological classification.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like TheInquisition's post
28-02-2015, 09:16 AM
COTW

"1. Everything that begins to exist has a cause (shit doesn't just pop in to being uncaused out of nothing)"

From Whence came 'god"?

Rolleyes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
28-02-2015, 09:31 AM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2015 09:44 AM by natachan.)
Quote:I am not him, and he is not me.

Nope. He was at least a coherent and consistent nutter. You're can't even get that far, just an incoherent and inconsistent nutter.

Quote:Well, since in the Modal version of the argument (which is what I am defending), there is no such premise as "because I can imagine it, therefore, it is true"...so I guess that elementary objection you just made doesn't apply here, now does it?

Had to look this up. Will get back to you but this still seems like a non-starter to me. My problems with the ontological argument as classically put forward still stand.

EDIT: So looked this up. And yep, a non-starter for me. Falls apart pretty spectacularly.

Quote:Ok, then please explain how mental states can originate from physical properties

[Image: Cute+Cat+Yawning.jpeg]

This has been done. If you refuse to accept or are too stupid to understand that it's not my issue.

Quote:1. Everything that begins to exist has a cause (shit doesn't just pop in to being uncaused out of nothing)

2. The universe began to exist (based on observation and philosophical reasoning)

3. Therefore, the universe has a cause (since #1 and #2 are true, then #3 just logically follows, regardless of whether anyone likes it, agrees with it, or believes it).

[Image: youre-stupid-thumb.jpg]

I don't accept those premises. And my reasons have to do with my study of physics. I've already stated that.

Quote:Awww listen to you, trying to sound so intellectual...so sophisticated, thats so cuteeeee:Laugh out load:

You are at least partially correct in what you say...and yes, every argument is based on its own merits.

[Image: Facepalm_cat.jpeg]

I know how smart I am, and I have a fairly good guess of how smart YOU are. Let's just say, there is a difference. And if you think any of those arguments are valid arguments for your god in addition to your previous utterances then you are pants-on-head retarded.

[Image: MediaHandler.ashx?portalid=20&mo...height=400]
[+] 2 users Like natachan's post
28-02-2015, 09:33 AM
(26-02-2015 10:00 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 12:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So I guess what I'm saying is let's debate dualism. You start at a severe disadvantage given that many have tried and all have failed.

Yeah, lets "briefly" debate dualism...for starters, I have a question, when you are sad, is your brain sad, or your neurons sad? Which one is sad?? Laugh out load Please directly answer the question.

Why are you so sad? ... It's all gonna be all right little skipper.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
28-02-2015, 10:01 AM
(28-02-2015 08:08 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  The reptile-bird thing, that is an animal that was once one kind of animal, and then became another kind of animal.

Not sure I'm reading this correctly.
[+] 1 user Likes joben1's post
28-02-2015, 10:09 AM
Hey call of the wild how often do you crap and fart?Consider

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
28-02-2015, 12:33 PM
(28-02-2015 08:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  So, you refuse to be precise? Try again, only this time explain it in biological terms.

He ain't gonna 'cause he knows as soon as he gives any kinda definition his total lack of knowledge on biology is gonna make him look like an idiot like it did with cartilage and neurons. He knows "kind" ain't a term recognized in Biology or taxonomy, but he's an asshole so he's just gonna keep usin' it even though it's worthless to everyone with an education in biology.

He's trying to insert bullshit Biblical terms into a discussion on science and he's doing it cause he lacks the education to do anything else.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
28-02-2015, 12:44 PM
(28-02-2015 12:33 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  ...
"kind" ain't a term recognized in Biology or taxonomy,

LOL Atheist Scientist Conspiracy!

Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
28-02-2015, 01:01 PM
Quote:I will put it to you this way, Chas...I am sure you have either children, or grandchildren...or even nieces and nephews...so this is what I want you to do for me; conduct an experiment....all of the children in your family between the ages of 5-7....show them pictures of a lion, tiger, cheetah, leopard, ocelot, and turtle.

Now, if a 5 year old can distinguish the differences in the "kinds", then why can't mature adults??

[Image: 2013-top-10-games-didnt-play-sad-puppy.j...;amp;h=330]

If you put a picture of a lemur, an orangutang, a marmoset, and a ferret, and ask them to choose "which is different" how many will chose the ferret? My bet is most will chose the orangutang.

This is why we don't grant five year olds degrees in zoology.
[+] 4 users Like natachan's post