I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
01-03-2015, 09:51 AM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(28-02-2015 02:49 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  You are right about that. He was a bit crazier then you, but he was also smarter then you and better at stating his points and explaining what little reasoning he had.
So basically what I am saying is that you are a bigger idiot then an idiot that already failed. Which is why you have actually done worse then that guy.

You aren't the brightest atheist that I've encountered in 15 years of apologetics, but hey, can't please everyone Laugh out load

(28-02-2015 02:49 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  The ontological argument, modal, or otherwise is idiotic word play first off and arguments are not evidence secondly.

That said even if I entertained the ontological argument as true just for the sake of argument it disproves the god of the bible almost immediately.

Less rhetoric, more substance.

(28-02-2015 02:49 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  It doesn't, and thankfully humanity as a whole is moving closer and closer to the realization that the gods of our ancestors don't exist. Next question.

If you think the world is as messed up as it is because of people's belief in God, you probably couldn't imagine how messed up it would be if those that do believe in God, DIDN'T believe in God. Whewww, I wouldn't want to live in that world...because let me tell you, my belief in God is preventing me from doing a lot of crazy shit.

(28-02-2015 02:49 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Why? It's been explained to you a dozen times over by multiple people and you have either edited the explanation out of the quotes you respond to or you have just ignored it. You don't deserve any further opportunities to be dishonest.

Yeah, a dozen times multiple people said "it emerged"..and if that is all I can get for an answer, then that helps prove my point that you guys don't have the slightest idea as to how consciousness originated Laugh out load

(28-02-2015 02:49 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  And you have failed right out of the gate, that's impressive.
1.) Quantum mechanics has shown that things can literally pop in and out of existence. The universe at the quantum level is not intuitive or run on "common sense".

This is a common objective for atheists, they are apparently content with shit popping into existence uncaused out of nothing, but make it seem as if the belief in God is so damn absurd Laugh out load

Let me just make a few points about this nonsense before I move on...

1. If a universe popped in to being out of nothing, it would have to do so in time, but time itself can not be extended back to past infinity..This, of course, can be demonstrated.

2. If the universe popped in to being out of nothing, it would have to occupy preexisting space. But where did the space come from. Not to mention the fact that space is expanding, and could not have been expanding from infinity.

3. There are over 10 different interpretations of quantum physics, and no one knows which one is correct...but the most commonly used one is the copenhagen interpretation, and this is the one that you are using...but you don't know whether this interpretation is the correct one of the over 10 that CAN be used. Some of the interpretations are deterministic, and some are indeterministic, and you really can't conclude that one is true over the others.

4. Even if it was true, that in quantum mechanics, things (virtual particles) pop in to being out of nothing...then why is it that only particles can pop in to being? Why not cars...or money..or horses? The state of nothingness doesn't have any pre-conditions that will allow only particles to come in to being, and if it does, then you are quantifying "nothing", and if you can quantify "nothing", that would make it something.

So the entire concept is self defeating. You wouldn't believe that a horse could pop in to being uncaused out of nothing in your living room, would you. If you would, then religious folks aren't the only people that relies on faith.

(28-02-2015 02:49 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  2.) Cause and effect are laws of an already existent universe.

Based on what?

(28-02-2015 02:49 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I've got a question for you kid, one that I have asked a shit ton of theists on here and the vast majority don't even TRY to answer: What stops something from coming from nothing if that same nothing contains no law of cause and effect?

If it has no law of cause and effect, then it can't do too much of anything now, can it? If it could do something, then it WOULD have a law of cause and effect, but if you start the question of presupposing that it doesn't, then you are asking a loaded question because it contains a false presupposition.

(28-02-2015 02:49 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Oooooooh! So it counts as observation even when you are not there to observe it when it's something YOU want to use to try and make YOUR point. How convenient.

Calm down, tinkerbell. First off, we do observe an expanding universe, and based use simple math to conclude that it couldn't have been expanding forever...we can actually conduct experiments to draw such a conclusion, such as if the universe is expanding at a rate of X, in an X amount of years from now, how much would it have expanded....see how that works? That is science...observation...experiment...predictions...now, try that same shit with evolution Laugh out load

Now, I wouldn't expect you to be so foolish as to claim that the universe didn't BEGIN to exist. Because that would mean that I would have to challenge you (for like the fourth time) to a debate, particularly on the kalam cosmological argument...and you don't want to take it there, now do you? Probably not.

So just keep your mouth shut and let the big boys do the hard thinking and answer the difficult questions, ok?

(28-02-2015 02:49 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  If the evidence left behind by the origin of the universe is good enough to prove the universe had an origin, then the evidence (of which there is a whole lot more) left behind by the process of evolution is good enough to prove evolution you double standard having, special pleading mother fucker.

The difference is, regarding one we have observation...experiment....and predictions (apples)...and regarding the other we lack observation...experiment...and predictions (oranges).

Lets not compare apples and oranges Laugh out load

(28-02-2015 02:49 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  You are so far from the answer you don't even know what the question is.

Still waiting on that acceptance of a real-time debate, tinkerbell Cool

(28-02-2015 02:49 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  He says to the person he told the brain is made of cartilage.

He says to the to person who argued in favor of things popping in to being uncaused out of nothing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2015, 09:54 AM
(01-03-2015 07:55 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  So how can it be that God exists? Did he always exist, or did he pop into being uncaused out of nothing?

Something had to be eternal...either it was the universe, or God...but we have evidence that the universe ISN'T eternal, so therefore, God is the only game in town at that point.
01-03-2015, 09:58 AM
(01-03-2015 09:51 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  You aren't the brightest atheist that I've encountered in 15 years of apologetics, but hey, can't please everyone Laugh out load

It took you 15 years to get this bad? Blink

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-03-2015, 09:58 AM
(01-03-2015 07:56 AM)natachan Wrote:  
Quote:Explain to me in biological terms how life originated from nonlife and how consciousness originated from matter.

[Image: bored-dog-computer.jpg]

Still won't let the words here penetrate your cerebral cortex, huh? But I forgot:

Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:No it isn't. Your brain is made up of cartilage. Try again.

You don't have a cerebral cortex. Just a lump of cartilage. Since the medulla oblongata is made of nerve fibers, and is part of the brain, and yours is made of cartilage, how are you breathing? Actually that would make sense.

"I will no longer waste my time talking to you, but I will keep quoting your post and commenting on them"

Equivalent to..

"There is an invisible man in my house, but I never see him".

Laugh out load
01-03-2015, 09:59 AM
(01-03-2015 09:17 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  [Image: 2aa0s4k.jpg]

Disclaimer: I am in no way making fun of the mentally disabled by using the term window licker, and if COTW is riding the short bus or is WC's room-mate, then perhaps we should lower our expectations for his ability to ever comprehend science 101, logic 101, or heck even religion 101.

No need to be PC all the time, good.

Something can't come from nothing rants:

[Image: nnnZK.gif]

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
01-03-2015, 09:59 AM
(01-03-2015 09:58 AM)Anjele Wrote:  It took you 15 years to get this bad? Blink

Its funny you say that because since I became a member on here, I've gotten better Cool
01-03-2015, 10:01 AM
(01-03-2015 07:44 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(28-02-2015 08:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  So, you refuse to be precise? Try again, only this time explain it in biological terms.

Explain to me in biological terms how life originated from nonlife and how consciousness originated from matter.

We have hypotheses, but we don't yet know. That doesn't mean you get to make shit up.

Now stop avoiding my question.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
01-03-2015, 10:01 AM
(01-03-2015 09:59 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  

Its funny you say that because since I became a member on here, I've gotten better Cool

No - you haven't.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
01-03-2015, 10:17 AM
(01-03-2015 09:58 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(01-03-2015 09:51 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  You aren't the brightest atheist that I've encountered in 15 years of apologetics, but hey, can't please everyone Laugh out load

It took you 15 years to get this bad? Blink

Just what I was thinking. Yes

Also, I'm surprised cos I thought this one was maybe around 14 or 15 years old (judging by the quality of the arguments).

Seriously... very surprised.

I'm trying to ascertain what the metric for this assertion might be.

Do you have access to our medical records and are calculating this using a metric of "increase in facepalm injuries"?

Again, being serious... don't attempt to make a living out of apologetics.

You'll starve!

Hug

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
01-03-2015, 11:37 AM

You really really haven't. You are telling the same lies, making the same assertions, dodging the same questions, and still acting like some fucking school yard bully trying to tell everyone what to do.

Or do you mean you have gotten better in that you have had your belief that the brain is made of cartilage corrected?

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.