I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
01-03-2015, 06:01 PM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
Oh, by the way, all animals are one 'kind'. There you go, sort that one out you cartilage for brains thicknut.

Wide of the Mark agrees that animals change over time but thinks evolution is false. Facepalm
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes joben1's post
01-03-2015, 06:02 PM
(01-03-2015 05:57 PM)joben1 Wrote:  What the fuck are you arguing about then? We know that animals give birth you complete and utter thick shitted cartilage brained fucknoodle. Where the fuck do these people come from?

Hey Whiskey, no need to be stingy. Have a heart...share your glass of "shut the fuck up" with this guy. I would buy him one myself, but I've spent so much money on your drinks that I am practically broke...so share yours with him until I have "fresh" deposits into my account.
01-03-2015, 06:03 PM
(01-03-2015 05:48 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  And from now on my responses to you will be shorter and shorter until I just stop talking to you altogether...

Promises, promises...

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
01-03-2015, 06:04 PM
(01-03-2015 05:26 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  The existence of Moses as well as the veracity of the Exodus story are disputed among archaeologists and Egyptologists, with experts in the field of biblical criticism citing logical inconsistencies, new archaeological evidence, historical evidence, and related origin myths in Canaanite culture.

When you analyze the Pentateuch, you will find doublets and triplets. These are pairs of stories which occur in two separate locations in the text. The doublets generally do not agree fully; there are usually minor differences between the stories. R.E. Friedman, in his 1997 book "Who Wrote the Bible?" lists a number of them:

Two creation stories in Genesis.
Two descriptions of the Abrahamic covenant.
Two stories of the naming of Isaac.
Two instances where Abraham deceived a king by introducing his wife Sarah as his sister.
Two stories of Jacob traveling to Mesopotamia
Two stories of a revelation at Beth-el to Jacob.
Two accounts of God changing Jacob's name to Israel
Two instances where Moses extracted water from two different rocks at two different locations called Meribah.

These doublets appeared to contradict each other. In most cases, one referred to God as Yahweh while the other used the term Elohim.

Theologians reason that a much more logical explanation is that the books were written by multiple authors who lived long after the events described. That would have allowed the oral tradition to be passed from generation to generation in different areas of the land so that they had a chance to deviate from each other before being written down.

Both Judaism and Christianity assumed that the Pentateuch -- the first five books of the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament) were written by Moses, as the Bible itself states. However, in recent centuries, alternative authorship has been proposed. The documentary hypothesis is now accepted by essentially all mainline and liberal theologians.

- 11th Century CE: Isaac ibn Yashush suggested that the list of the Edomite kings in Genesis 36 was added by an unknown person after Moses died. For this assertion, he became known as "Isaac the Blunderer."

- 15th Century: Bishop Tostatus suggested that certain passages were written by one of the prophets, not by Moses.

- 16th Century: Andreas van Maes suggested that an editor added additional material to some of Moses' writings.

- 17th Century: Thomas Hobbes prepared a collection of passages that seemed to negate Moses' authorship.

- 18th Century: Three investigators (Witter, Astruc and Eichhorn) independently concluded that doublets in the Torah were written by two different authors. A doublet is a story that is described twice.

- 19th Century: Scholars noticed that there were a few triplets in the Torah. This indicated that a third author was involved. Then, they determined that the book of Deuteronomy was written in a different language style from the remaining 4 books in the Pentateuch. Finally, by the end of the 19th Century, liberal scholars reached a consensus that 4 authors and one redactor (editor) had been actively involved in the writing of the Pentateuch.

- 20th Century: Academics have continued to refine the Documentary Hypothesis by identifying which verses (and parts of verses) were authored by the various writers. They have also attempted to uncover the names of the authors. In 1943, Pope Pius XII issued an encyclical Divino Afflante Spiritu in which he urged academics to study the sources of Biblical texts. Recent archaeological discoveries and new linguistic analysis tools have facilitated the research into the hypothesis.

Belief in the documentary hypothesis was triggered by a number of factors, such as:

- Anachronisms, like the list of the Edomite kings;

- Duplicate and triplicate passages

- Various passages portrayed God in different ways;

- The flood story appears to involve the meshing of two separate stories;

- The belief, centuries ago, by archaeologists and linguists that writing among the ancient Hebrews only developed after the events portrayed in the Pentateuch. Thus, Moses would have been incapable of writing the first five books of the Hebrew Scriptures.

These factors led theologians to the conclusion that the Pentateuch is a hybrid document which was written well after Moses' death, and much later than the events portrayed. The authors and redactors are unknown, and are commonly referred to as authors J (Yahwist), E (Elohist), P (Priestly) and D (Deuteronomist).

"The authors of genesis did not know much about this long history...." (Boadt, 1984, p.109)

Look at you learning shit COTW, and they say a mind is a terrible thing to waste....

by the way your test grade today is.....

F

Reference:

Boadt, L. (1984). Reading the old testament: an introduction. New York. Paulist Press. Print.

The copy & paste god has struck again, people.
01-03-2015, 06:04 PM
(01-03-2015 06:00 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(01-03-2015 05:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  Read my signature.

Read my Bible.

I have.

Quote:
(01-03-2015 05:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  Consciousness emerges from nothing every time a new human comes into existence. We develop from a single unconscious cell to become a conscious human being.

Um, the parents of the newly conscious human being are...conscious.

What does that have to do with anything? A child does not get some piece of the parents' consciousness. Consciousness emerges from the development of that child's brain.

Quote:
(01-03-2015 05:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  Please define 'kind' or stop using it as if it means something.

Please stop your red herrings and focus on the fact that I told you to use whatever biological term you want to distinguish the difference between a dog and a turtle...the same way you use the biological term in this context is the same way I use "kind".

If that isn't good enough for you, then I can't help you.

There are clear definitions for species, genus, etc.

Quote:
(01-03-2015 05:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  Why do you think that many small changes can't add up to large changes?

Because I need evidence that it does. I am not going to go by what guys in white lab coats (who are all probably MOSTLY naturalists) tell me.

You utterly miss the point. How can an arbitrarily large number of small changes not result in arbitrarily large changes? What would limit it?

Quote:
(01-03-2015 05:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  The differences in DNA between, to use your example, cats and dogs is quite small. They are very closely related. We have fossil evidence as well as the DNA that shows they are descended from a common ancestor.

Your theory is common ancestor...my theory is COMMON DESIGNER. The gas focus and the electric focus look the same...that doesn't mean they evolved from a gm plant 400 million years ago...that mean that they have a common DESIGNER. The same guy designed both vehicles.

There is no evidence of a designer while there is overwhelming evidence of evolution.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-03-2015, 06:07 PM
(01-03-2015 06:04 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(01-03-2015 05:26 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  The existence of Moses as well as the veracity of the Exodus story are disputed among archaeologists and Egyptologists, with experts in the field of biblical criticism citing logical inconsistencies, new archaeological evidence, historical evidence, and related origin myths in Canaanite culture.

When you analyze the Pentateuch, you will find doublets and triplets. These are pairs of stories which occur in two separate locations in the text. The doublets generally do not agree fully; there are usually minor differences between the stories. R.E. Friedman, in his 1997 book "Who Wrote the Bible?" lists a number of them:

Two instances where Abraham deceived a king by introducing his wife Sarah as his sister.
Two instances where Moses extracted water from two different rocks at two different locations called Meribah.

These doublets appeared to contradict each other. In most cases, one referred to God as Yahweh while the other used the term Elohim.

Theologians reason that a much more logical explanation is that the books were written by multiple authors who lived long after the events described. That would have allowed the oral tradition to be passed from generation to generation in different areas of the land so that they had a chance to deviate from each other before being written down.

Both Judaism and Christianity assumed that the Pentateuch -- the first five books of the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament) were written by Moses, as the Bible itself states. However, in recent centuries, alternative authorship has been proposed. The documentary hypothesis is now accepted by essentially all mainline and liberal theologians.

- 11th Century CE: Isaac ibn Yashush suggested that the list of the Edomite kings in Genesis 36 was added by an unknown person after Moses died. For this assertion, he became known as "Isaac the Blunderer."

- 15th Century: Bishop Tostatus suggested that certain passages were written by one of the prophets, not by Moses.

- 16th Century: Andreas van Maes suggested that an editor added additional material to some of Moses' writings.

- 17th Century: Thomas Hobbes prepared a collection of passages that seemed to negate Moses' authorship.

- 18th Century: Three investigators (Witter, Astruc and Eichhorn) independently concluded that doublets in the Torah were written by two different authors. A doublet is a story that is described twice.

- 19th Century: Scholars noticed that there were a few triplets in the Torah. This indicated that a third author was involved. Then, they determined that the book of Deuteronomy was written in a different language style from the remaining 4 books in the Pentateuch. Finally, by the end of the 19th Century, liberal scholars reached a consensus that 4 authors and one redactor (editor) had been actively involved in the writing of the Pentateuch.

- 20th Century: Academics have continued to refine the Documentary Hypothesis by identifying which verses (and parts of verses) were authored by the various writers. They have also attempted to uncover the names of the authors. In 1943, Pope Pius XII issued an encyclical Divino Afflante Spiritu in which he urged academics to study the sources of Biblical texts. Recent archaeological discoveries and new linguistic analysis tools have facilitated the research into the hypothesis.

Belief in the documentary hypothesis was triggered by a number of factors, such as:

- The belief, centuries ago, by archaeologists and linguists that writing among the ancient Hebrews only developed after the events portrayed in the Pentateuch. Thus, Moses would have been incapable of writing the first five books of the Hebrew Scriptures.

These factors led theologians to the conclusion that the Pentateuch is a hybrid document which was written well after Moses' death, and much later than the events portrayed. The authors and redactors are unknown, and are commonly referred to as authors J (Yahwist), E (Elohist), P (Priestly) and D (Deuteronomist).

"The authors of genesis did not know much about this long history...." (Boadt, 1984, p.109)

Look at you learning shit COTW, and they say a mind is a terrible thing to waste....

F

Reference:

Boadt, L. (1984). Reading the old testament: an introduction. New York. Paulist Press. Print.

Its called research child....and cited too.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
01-03-2015, 06:08 PM
(01-03-2015 04:42 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(01-03-2015 03:30 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  You cannot even prove gods exist.

I have evidence that is sufficient enough for ME. I can't speak for anyone else.

(01-03-2015 03:30 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Therefore, you cannot assert that they are eternal.

Yes I can. Evidence that a finite universe/temporal dimension had a beginning.

(01-03-2015 03:30 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Time does not exist before time. Therefore, nothing can exist before it.

Correction: Nothing can TEMPORALLY exist before time..but something can CASUALLY exist before time. Understand the difference, sparky.

What you just said there makes no difference. WTF is Causual existence? That doesn't even make any sence. You just made that up!

Evidence based on a subjective thing such as your perception of evidence does not quality as actual evidence to assert your beliefs as truth. Evidence is objective, not subjective.

We can test evidence, we can test the evidence left behind as a result of X factor or Y event happening.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
01-03-2015, 06:13 PM
[Image: 25hgxma.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 5 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
01-03-2015, 06:13 PM
(01-03-2015 05:48 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Right, and your answer is "it takes so long to occur"...you have to appeal to time to get your stupid theory to work. It is just too convenient...the whole theory depends on humans NOT being here to witness it, yet, it happens. If you don't see the con with this, I can't help you.

Even my 12 year old son understands that, given enough time, any animal can change into an animal totally unlike its original state. This is so obvious to anyone with half a brain it doesn't need ANY kind of extra evidence once we admit animals change over time. However, if one has less than half a brain, the confusion is understandable.

Wide of the Mark agrees that animals change over time but thinks evolution is false. Facepalm
01-03-2015, 06:26 PM
(01-03-2015 06:04 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  

F

Reference:

You are just an arrogant stupid cunt you know that? You are absolutely terrified of actually addressing his criticisms aren't you? you know how bad your gonna do.

Also fuck you, 98% of the shit you have said I can find plastered all over answersingenesis, you hypocritical pleb. At least he cites his sources while you just rip other people off and pretend like it's your original thought.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post