I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
02-03-2015, 06:11 PM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(02-03-2015 05:58 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(01-03-2015 09:36 PM)pablo Wrote:  Why are you here then?

To engage with the opposition.

(01-03-2015 09:36 PM)pablo Wrote:  It appears nothing anyone here could say contrary to your beliefs will penetrate your thick skull.

And vice versa.

(01-03-2015 09:36 PM)pablo Wrote:  You stick with what you have and someone will give you a call as soon as possible.
Thanks for playing. Have a nice day.

The key to eternal life begins and ends with Jesus Christ, Pablo.

You haven't engaged in any meaningful way, only weak assertions.
There are many here who have tried your way and rejected it.
Can you say the same?
As for Jesus being the end all, be all, you can't even prove he ever existed.
Your only reason for being here is to disrupt and antagonize.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
02-03-2015, 06:12 PM
(01-03-2015 10:45 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  It's not going to. You're going to have to come to terms with the fact that there is a lot of shit that we just don't know...and that's okay. That's actually a requisite of faith.....in anything.

There are also some things that science CAN'T come to know. But nevertheless, your modesty is noted.

(01-03-2015 10:45 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  One popular insult of religion is that its members are gullible, I get where that comes from, but don't necessarily agree. My tendency towards skepticism is something I gleaned from my father, a preacher. And the tendency for me to hold on to my belief in god as long as I did (as it's the only thing I'd ever known) didn't make me gullible, just unwilling to be able to set my worldview down for a second and make sure it's what I want it to be..............unwilling at first because I wasn't aware of what it was to question everything you've ever known.......and after that it was fear.

But once I made the decision to look at every angle, and every option, and to let go of any presupposition about anything and put everything down for a minute and just take a fresh perspective without any belief or faith in any preconceived ideas about what reality is......I started putting everything together, one thing after another......it finally makes sense.

What finally made sense?

(01-03-2015 10:45 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  There, and you're insisting that we keep paying attention to you. Not because you think you're right, but because these doubts about what you think you believe are eating at you, and you can't make them go away. So you come here to combat your doubts. You know the easy retorts and you're good at them, you're just not good at the hard questions.

There is very little doubt in my mind that Jesus died on the cross for the sins of mankind. Maybe those things that you are saying about me applied to YOU, but don't bring that this way.

As long as you can claim that nothing is 100% known, you can claim that your beliefs are legit and should be given the same merit as what has been meticulously and thoroughly vetted through the scientific method. You are mistaken, and you know it.

If he ever was here, then you'll be vindicated one day. There's just not a whole lot of good evidence that any of that shit happened like the book says it did. There is a huge amount of evidence that humans have been making up extraordinary tales about supernatural shit for as long as humans have been around. Christianity isn't that much different from any of the others and it's pretty evident that it rips off a lot of older pagan religions.

It's pretty easy to see if you're willing to take a good objective look at it.

Let that shit go and let's evolve.

My time on this lovely forum is growing very short. If you want to discuss these things in further detail, hit up my inbox and lets set up a real time discussion.
02-03-2015, 06:14 PM
(02-03-2015 05:45 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Good. So you think that something had to be eternal. Could the eternal thing have been the universe in an earlier form, a pre-big-bang-universe that transformed through the process of the big bang into our present universe?

The short answer is no. The long answer is also no.
02-03-2015, 06:19 PM
(02-03-2015 06:11 PM)pablo Wrote:  You haven't engaged in any meaningful way, only weak assertions.

Oh really?

(02-03-2015 06:11 PM)pablo Wrote:  There are many here who have tried your way and rejected it.
Can you say the same?

Say what?

(02-03-2015 06:11 PM)pablo Wrote:  As for Jesus being the end all, be all, you can't even prove he ever existed.

I am convinced that he did, and so does the other billions of Christians in the world.

(02-03-2015 06:11 PM)pablo Wrote:  Your only reason for being here is to disrupt and antagonize.

No, I came on here to engage the opposition, like I said...but just like any other time, it wasn't long before I was insulted, and "antagonized". But that is ok though. My time here is just about done.
02-03-2015, 06:24 PM
(02-03-2015 06:12 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  My time on this lovely forum is growing very short. If you want to discuss these things in further detail, hit up my inbox and lets set up a real time discussion.

Perhaps someone is answering our prayers.... Angel

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
02-03-2015, 06:31 PM
(02-03-2015 06:19 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(02-03-2015 06:11 PM)pablo Wrote:  You haven't engaged in any meaningful way, only weak assertions.

Oh really?

(02-03-2015 06:11 PM)pablo Wrote:  There are many here who have tried your way and rejected it.
Can you say the same?

Say what?

(02-03-2015 06:11 PM)pablo Wrote:  As for Jesus being the end all, be all, you can't even prove he ever existed.

I am convinced that he did, and so does the other billions of Christians in the world.

(02-03-2015 06:11 PM)pablo Wrote:  Your only reason for being here is to disrupt and antagonize.

No, I came on here to engage the opposition, like I said...but just like any other time, it wasn't long before I was insulted, and "antagonized". But that is ok though. My time here is just about done.

More weak assertions.
02-03-2015, 06:34 PM
(02-03-2015 06:12 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  There are also some things that science CAN'T come to know. But nevertheless, your modesty is noted.

We'll never know that if we stop trying to understand and chalk it all up to mythology.

(02-03-2015 06:12 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  What finally made sense?

Everything. If you take this universe and this earth and our existence and everything that it entails, it only makes sense once you take god out of the equation. Look at everything you have to ignore about reality in order to make god fit into your worldview. You have to, because deep down you know that if you'd just accept what science says your whole belief system would come crashing down. And it would.....mine did.....and it's the best damn thing that's ever happened to me. The world is a much clearer place, along with my conscience. I'm a better person now than when I was a believer.

(02-03-2015 06:12 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  There is very little doubt in my mind that Jesus died on the cross for the sins of mankind. Maybe those things that you are saying about me applied to YOU, but don't bring that this way.

The things I say apply to everyone. You admit that you have doubt, even if very little. Why is that? Explore that doubt. If it its true then it will stand on it's own merit. If not, then you have only gained a better perspective of this life. Examine everything you hold dear and make damn sure it's what you should be holding on to.

Don't let your fear turn you into a coward. You have to be willing to let it go if it doesn't add up. I spent my whole life not really caring about what's true and what's real....once I did care I was amazed at how much I didn't know, and how wrong I was.

(02-03-2015 06:12 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  My time on this lovely forum is growing very short. If you want to discuss these things in further detail, hit up my inbox and lets set up a real time discussion.

Not all that interested, but thanks for the invitation. Take care.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
02-03-2015, 06:40 PM
(02-03-2015 06:34 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Not all that interested, but thanks for the invitation. Take care.

Then I am not all that interested in having any further discussions with you. Take care.
02-03-2015, 06:48 PM
(02-03-2015 06:40 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(02-03-2015 06:34 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Not all that interested, but thanks for the invitation. Take care.

Then I am not all that interested in having any further discussions with you. Take care.

That's fine, just think about what I've said.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
02-03-2015, 07:35 PM
(02-03-2015 05:55 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  It also does not have to happen at all, which, it doesn't
A lie.
(02-03-2015 05:55 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Laugh out load
Not an argument or a refutation, but technically not worth any less then when you actually try. Drinking Beverage

(02-03-2015 05:55 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Dogs produce dogs, cats produce cats, snakes produce snakes...
You really don't even understand what my criticism is do you?

So a lie and two refusals to address anything said to you. Oh ya...you sure are the best at this.Rolleyes

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.