I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
03-03-2015, 05:38 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2015 05:41 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(02-03-2015 09:44 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  FFS he thinks he’s brain is made of cartilage...this level of Stupid is bulletproof.

I'm pretty sure this guy's just been dicking with us from the gitgo 'cause nobody can be that fucking stupid. If the word for an internet troll pretending to be a Christian is a poe, what's the word for an internet troll pretending to be the stupidest Christian imaginable?

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-03-2015, 05:41 PM
(03-03-2015 05:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-03-2015 09:44 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  FFS he thinks he’s brain is made of cartilage...this level of Stupid is bulletproof.

I'm pretty sure this guy's just been dicking with us from the gitgo 'cause nobody can be that fucking stupid. If the word for internet troll pretending to be a Christian is a poe, what's the word for an internet troll pretending to be the stupidest Christian imaginable?

Fart?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
03-03-2015, 06:21 PM
(03-03-2015 05:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm pretty sure this guy's just been dicking with us from the gitgo 'cause nobody can be that fucking stupid. If the word for an internet troll pretending to be a Christian is a poe, what's the word for an internet troll pretending to be the stupidest Christian imaginable?

poetard?

I Think; Therefore I Am....
...or is it the other way around?
[Image: b.gif]
Bunny's Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like costabunny's post
03-03-2015, 06:25 PM
(03-03-2015 09:23 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  My previous post is aimed at 10-12 year olds, this attachement is what I deal with on a day to day basis with fish. Scroll down a bit to see the cladistics within the Hypoplectrus genera alone Hobo

http://specifyassets.nhm.ku.edu/Ichthyol...27.att.pdf

I’m lucky enough to work with the author and founder of the Ocean Science Foundation as with other prominent marine biologists representing the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute and REEF.org, a non profit educational and research foundation.

Adaptation, sympatric speciation, allopatric speciation, parapatric speciation, assortative mating, silmoutaneous hermaphrodites, role-reversals, egg sharing...these are the things we delve into. Meanwhile people still struggle with why cats don’t give birth to dogs if evolution “were” true. Facepalm

This is like having to teach someone how 7x7=49 while they think they understand
[Image: text58.gif]

wtf is that? Some sort of witch craft? Those E shaped things scare shadow fox!

...ummm...I know nothing what I speak of but, is that eh...I dunno. That equation thing for light?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
03-03-2015, 08:12 PM
(03-03-2015 06:21 PM)costabunny Wrote:  
(03-03-2015 05:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm pretty sure this guy's just been dicking with us from the gitgo 'cause nobody can be that fucking stupid. If the word for an internet troll pretending to be a Christian is a poe, what's the word for an internet troll pretending to be the stupidest Christian imaginable?

poetard?

I think we have a winner! You wanna add it to urban dictionary or should I? Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-03-2015, 09:08 AM
As the universe ages its energy will be consumed and it will cool down to near absolute zero. As it cools the forces holding the molecules together will weaken and cause them to separate into their component atoms. The same will hold true for the atoms and they will also separate into their component parts. Long before this all happens life will cease to exist, there will be no more life, not one smidgeon of evidence that it ever existed, and no memory of it. Life will be just as though it had never been.
The universe began its course without our assistance long before life evolved, now that we are here it's continuing on precisely the same course it would have if we hadn't arrived, and it will continue on the same course after we are gone. We contribute nothing to the universe we can do nothing to change its course we are helpless bystanders. Imagine there was a parallel universe, the only difference being that biological evolution never took place. That universe would end precisely the same way as this one. This makes us totally irrelevant to our universe.
Suppose that another universe existed prior to this one and has already wound down. It simply doesn't matter whether or not life evolved in that universe. If it did evolve it simply doesn't matter what level of intelligence it reached. It simply doesn't matter the length of its existance. This is the big picture it allows for the existance of other life in the universe or the possibility that human beings migrated from our solar system to another part of theuniverse.
Our existance in the universe could cease long before this if life only exists in our solar system. Long before the sun consumes most of its fuel in 4 to 5 billion years and expands to the size of the earth's orbit life will no longer exist. This is the medium picture It could end even sooner than this by war, famine, disease, climate change an asteroid striking earth, or something else. This is the small picture.Our existance is totally irrelevant and unimportant to the existance of the universe.
We consist of a miniscule number of atoms compared to the number of atoms in the universe, we live in a miniscule amount of space in a universe more than 20 billion light years accross, and we exist for a miniscule amount of time in a universe 15.7 billion years young. The same is true of each of those pesky mosquitos I swatted this summer. We are totally insignificant in the universe. To think that just because our atoms are arranged a little differently that we are more valueable than mosquitos is just silly elitism. When I look up the word meaningless in the Thesaurus both words, unimportant and insigficant appear as synonyms
Atheists only concentrate on the small picture. This is like focusng on just one tree and then not eing able to see the vast forest around it or like the blind men and the elephant.This gives them a distorted sense of reality causing them to say thingsd like if nothiing matters then everything matters this is obviously contradictory because if nothing matters then nothing matters. Some say that life itself is meaningless but that they create their own meaning. This is a contradiction and a fantasy. They are doing exactly what they accuse religious people of doing. Some atheists say that passing their genes on to the next generation is what gives life meaning but that can only last until the final generation. Some say the value of life is the legacy we leave behind. There is no legacy.
24-03-2015, 11:26 AM
(24-03-2015 09:08 AM)David Kragt Wrote:  As the universe ages its energy will be consumed and it will cool down to near absolute zero. As it cools the forces holding the molecules together will weaken and cause them to separate into their component atoms. The same will hold true for the atoms and they will also separate into their component parts. Long before this all happens life will cease to exist, there will be no more life, not one smidgeon of evidence that it ever existed, and no memory of it. Life will be just as though it had never been.
The universe began its course without our assistance long before life evolved, now that we are here it's continuing on precisely the same course it would have if we hadn't arrived, and it will continue on the same course after we are gone. We contribute nothing to the universe we can do nothing to change its course we are helpless bystanders. Imagine there was a parallel universe, the only difference being that biological evolution never took place. That universe would end precisely the same way as this one. This makes us totally irrelevant to our universe.
Suppose that another universe existed prior to this one and has already wound down. It simply doesn't matter whether or not life evolved in that universe. If it did evolve it simply doesn't matter what level of intelligence it reached. It simply doesn't matter the length of its existance. This is the big picture it allows for the existance of other life in the universe or the possibility that human beings migrated from our solar system to another part of theuniverse.
Our existance in the universe could cease long before this if life only exists in our solar system. Long before the sun consumes most of its fuel in 4 to 5 billion years and expands to the size of the earth's orbit life will no longer exist. This is the medium picture It could end even sooner than this by war, famine, disease, climate change an asteroid striking earth, or something else. This is the small picture.Our existance is totally irrelevant and unimportant to the existance of the universe.
We consist of a miniscule number of atoms compared to the number of atoms in the universe, we live in a miniscule amount of space in a universe more than 20 billion light years accross, and we exist for a miniscule amount of time in a universe 15.7 billion years young. The same is true of each of those pesky mosquitos I swatted this summer. We are totally insignificant in the universe. To think that just because our atoms are arranged a little differently that we are more valueable than mosquitos is just silly elitism. When I look up the word meaningless in the Thesaurus both words, unimportant and insigficant appear as synonyms
Atheists only concentrate on the small picture. This is like focusng on just one tree and then not eing able to see the vast forest around it or like the blind men and the elephant.This gives them a distorted sense of reality causing them to say thingsd like if nothiing matters then everything matters this is obviously contradictory because if nothing matters then nothing matters. Some say that life itself is meaningless but that they create their own meaning. This is a contradiction and a fantasy. They are doing exactly what they accuse religious people of doing. Some atheists say that passing their genes on to the next generation is what gives life meaning but that can only last until the final generation. Some say the value of life is the legacy we leave behind. There is no legacy.

Sounds like all doom and gloom. Might as well commit suicide. But, since you don't do that, then apparently yes, there is worth and meaning in life no matter how short or insignificant. Does any of it matter in a cosmic sense? Not really. But it matters to us and, to us, that's all that matters. And it still doesn't prove "god" if that's what you're coming around to. Desiring or needing a god to bring more meaning doesn't make the god a fact.

By the way, welcome.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
24-03-2015, 11:54 AM
In the first century of the common era, there appeared at the eastern and of the Mediterranean a remarkable religious leader who taught the worship of one true God and declared that religion meant not the sacrifice of beasts but the practice of charity and piety and the shunning of hatred and enmity. He was said to have worked miracles of goodness, casting out demons, healing the sick, raising the dead. His exemplary life led some of his followers to claim he was a son of God, though he called himself the son of a man. Accused of sedition against Rome, he was arrested. After his death, his disciples claimed he had risen from the dead, appeared to them alive, and then ascended to heaven. Who was this teacher and wonderworker? His name was Appollonius of Tyana; he died about 98 CE, and his story may be read in Flavius Philostratus’s Life of Appolonius. Comparative mythology scholar Joseph campbell wrote in his book “the hero with 1000 faces”, both Apollonius and Jesus are examples of individuals who shared similar hero stories, along with Krishna, Buddha and Romulus. The followers of Apollonius believed he was the true son of God, and that Jesus was a fraud.

then when you look at Romulus, 800 years BEFORE jesus, and you see the exact same hero god construct....ah, isn't mythology fun?

Drooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
27-03-2015, 07:33 PM
(08-02-2015 12:39 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  There is plenty of evidence for me and the rest of the billions of Christians in this world.
Whoa bud, don't set the standard so high.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-03-2015, 07:58 PM
(24-03-2015 09:08 AM)David Kragt Wrote:  As the universe ages its energy will be consumed and it will cool down to near absolute zero. As it cools the forces holding the molecules together will weaken and cause them to separate into their component atoms. The same will hold true for the atoms and they will also separate into their component parts. Long before this all happens life will cease to exist, there will be no more life, not one smidgeon of evidence that it ever existed, and no memory of it. Life will be just as though it had never been.

We should throw a party.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post