I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
28-05-2015, 09:39 PM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(08-02-2015 12:31 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 12:23 PM)One Above All Wrote:  Provide a single, fallacy-free, logically and reality consistent argument for the existence of your particular god that doesn't apply to every other god.
I won't hold my breath.

The argument based on the Historicity of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ is an argument that doesn't apply to any other God, and is fallacy-free.

That was easy. I hope the tasks will get tougher as we go along.
I am a Christian, and this thread caught my eye. While I agree that the argument itself constitutes as evidence for the truth of Christianity, it is by no means demonstration of the truth of Christianity. In fact, the Bible teaches that the only way to obtain knowledge of the truth of Christianity is from revelation from God himself (John 6:44, Matthew 16:17, etc.) Whilst atheists will not accept this apart from being drawn by God, it is still nevertheless an essential component of Christian epistemology.

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and [be] ready always to [give] an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:" Peter 3:15

http://www.answersforhope.org
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2015, 10:49 PM
Seriously, how has this thread lasted nearly 140 pages? I can read all of that shit!

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
29-05-2015, 02:11 AM
(28-05-2015 09:39 PM)Spectre Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 12:31 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  The argument based on the Historicity of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ is an argument that doesn't apply to any other God, and is fallacy-free.

I am a Christian, and this thread caught my eye. While I agree that the argument itself constitutes as evidence for the truth of Christianity, it is by no means demonstration of the truth of Christianity. In fact, the Bible teaches that the only way to obtain knowledge of the truth of Christianity is from revelation from God himself (John 6:44, Matthew 16:17, etc.) Whilst atheists will not accept this apart from being drawn by God, it is still nevertheless an essential component of Christian epistemology.

So basically what you're telling us is that you're claims can only be considered to have evidence if you are already deep in the club?

That's nice.
Coincidentally, I have a planet destroying laser, but I'll only show it to you after you've spent your life in absolute devotion to the laser.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
29-05-2015, 02:50 AM
(29-05-2015 02:11 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  ...
That's nice.
Coincidentally, I have a planet destroying laser, but I'll only show it to you after you've spent your life in absolute devotion to the laser.

Praise the planet destroying laser.

Praise it with great praise.

Could you please destroy this thread while you're about it? Thanks

Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
29-05-2015, 07:11 AM
(28-05-2015 09:39 PM)Spectre Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 12:31 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  The argument based on the Historicity of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ is an argument that doesn't apply to any other God, and is fallacy-free.

If you admit that the only way to prove your religion is with your holy book then you admit your argument is circular and you lose. Game over. We have nothing to talk about. You have no way to demonstrate your god and no way to show that your religion is the right one. And to argue that a book which is so heavily edited and revised by political motives is infallible is utter and complete nonsense. It shows you don't care about what is really true.
[+] 3 users Like natachan's post
29-05-2015, 07:57 AM
COTW.

I enjoy a good debate. However I choose wisely whom I shall spend time debating. Sadly it is obvious you are unworthy. I suggest you spend time learning about science. Biology is a good place to begin.

Come back in twenty years.

Or perhaps begin à thread showing all your arguments and give us reasons to give of our time.
Stating you will debate and then laughing at people who do not take you on is childish. Yet another reason people wont waste time on you.

Ifan you could prove Jesus is God, I would believe it. All you need is irrefutable proof. Do you have that?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
29-05-2015, 08:08 AM
Actually you know what? I think phillosophy's role in the god question is over. Science has surpassed and replaced it.

Therefore I now require scientific evidence proving the existence of a deity.

So unless this proof can be shown here, I am not interested.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
08-06-2015, 09:12 AM
I won't need to worry about any "God" or "Afterlife" I'm going to take Nanotechnology that will regenerate my cells to make me immortal.
22-06-2015, 10:04 PM
(08-02-2015 12:23 PM)One Above All Wrote:  Provide a single, fallacy-free, logically and reality consistent argument for the existence of your particular god that doesn't apply to every other god.
I won't hold my breath.
I'm not a Theist, but would/can you list all the God terms that you know of. Would you define the term "God". Smile
23-06-2015, 12:14 AM
(22-06-2015 10:04 PM)Old Seer Wrote:  
I won't hold my breath.
I'm not a Theist, but would/can you list all the God terms that you know of. Would you define the term "God". Smile

If the theists allege the existence of a super being, it's for them to define what this means and why it matters, and then to prove it on top of that. Asking us to define what God means is pointless. God is an old paper bag. I possess an old paper bag. Therefore God exists, but he doesn't say much.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post