I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
08-02-2015, 04:54 PM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(08-02-2015 03:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 03:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Not waxy enough. Too mushy for a proper potato salad.

Oh nooooooo.

The secret is to not boil them. Cut them up and bake them in the oven. Add the vinegarette while they're warm...

Seriously...it goes from simple potato salad to food worthy a deity.

Even you. Tongue

I'm sceptical.

btw, in my opening debate point, perhaps I should have been more specific when I said vinaigrette-based.

What I'm referring to is Austrian Potato Salad (Kartoffelsalat) ... like my mum (being Austrian) makes it.

Proof of god right there.

[Image: dsc_7058.jpg]
[Image: German-Potato-Salad.jpg]

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
08-02-2015, 04:57 PM
(08-02-2015 04:54 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 03:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Oh nooooooo.

The secret is to not boil them. Cut them up and bake them in the oven. Add the vinegarette while they're warm...

Even you. Tongue

I'm sceptical.

btw, in my opening debate point, perhaps I should have been more specific when I said vinaigrette-based.

What I'm referring to is Austrian Potato Salad (Kartoffelsalat) ... like my mum (being Austrian) makes it.

[Image: Mmm_-_Homer_Simpson.gif]

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
08-02-2015, 05:27 PM
(08-02-2015 04:54 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 03:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Oh nooooooo.

Even you. Tongue

I'm sceptical.

That shit is awesome.

Drooling

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

08-02-2015, 06:31 PM
I'm no authority on potatoes but German potato salad is the best. Period. Any contrary opinion to this absolute truth will be met with violence and death.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
08-02-2015, 07:00 PM
(08-02-2015 12:58 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Because if we use the bibal to prove the bibal we can use the Quran to prove the Quran.

Ok so what kind of extra biblical or extra quranic sources can we use to prove either one right?

What kind of sources will be sufficient?
08-02-2015, 07:01 PM
(08-02-2015 12:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  Because the Bible is the claim, not the evidence.

Again, just like I asked another..what kind of extra-biblical evidence would be sufficient enough to prove Christianity true?
08-02-2015, 07:04 PM
(08-02-2015 12:59 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Sorry I realise what you meant now.

You were using the Argument ad Populum logical fallacy.

If you truly realized what I meant, you would have known that I would have only committed the ad Populum fallcy if I my claim was "Christianity is true because over 1 billion people believe it".

Since I neither said nor implied that, then the fallacious charge is unwarranted.
08-02-2015, 07:07 PM
(08-02-2015 07:01 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 12:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  Because the Bible is the claim, not the evidence.

Again, just like I asked another..what kind of extra-biblical evidence would be sufficient enough to prove Christianity true?

That's the trick ain't it?
08-02-2015, 07:08 PM
(08-02-2015 01:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Okay - we all have to open our Urban Dictionaries now cuz there ain't no black folk on no atheist forum and crackers ain't knowing the vernacular.

I couldn't have said it better myself Cool
08-02-2015, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2015 08:28 PM by Full Circle.)
I’m going to sidetrack your potato salad discussion for just a minute, sorry.

The longer I’m here the less reason I find in discussing anything having to do with gods with theists. Yes it can be entertaining and good for a few laughs but in the end we might as well be talking to a wall. Hey! That reminds me of this story...

A CNN journalist heard about a very old Jewish man who had been going to the Western Wall to pray, twice a day, every day, for a long, long time.

So he decides to check it out. He went to the Western Wall and there he was, walking slowly up to the holy site. He watched him pray and after about 45 minutes, when he turned to leave, using a cane and moving very slowly, he approached him for an interview.

"Pardon me, sir, I'm from CNN. May I have a word with you?

“Of course”, he replied.

"Sir, how long have you been coming to the Western Wall and praying?"

“For about 60 years."

"60 years! That's amazing! What do you pray for?”

"I pray for peace between the Christians, Jews and the Muslims. I pray for all the wars and all the hatred to stop. I pray for all our children to grow up safely as responsible adults, and to love their fellow man.”

“How do you feel after doing this for 60 years?"

"Like I'm talking to a fucking wall."

Where was I? Oh, right...arguing with theists.

First thing they do is point at their holy scriptures and quote them as though this holds any sway over me. I would have to believe them first and I don’t so they might as well quote to me something from The Lord of The Rings Trilogy as it would have as much impact. Like Chas says the Bible is the claim not the evidence.

Then they want to riddle you with question regarding the origins of life as though somehow humanity’s continuing quest to conclusively answer how abiogenesis occured somehow supports whatever supernatural pet theory they hold. This holds true for the event referred to as the Big Bang and what existed “before” if anything. God of the gaps is their default position for every unknown in our compedium of knowledge, an absurd and ignorant proposition. Somehow the truth position of “we don’t know” or “we don’t know yet” equates in their feeble minds as a weakness that inconceivably strengthens their argument for the supernatural.

Meanwhile whenever they are asked for evidence of their pet god what you get is a combination of presuppossitional gymnastics worthy of Olympic gold or circular arguments but nary a trace of hard proof. None, nada, zip, zilch. Look, I’m not asking for anything more than I ask of any claimant for any other claim, present verifiable evidence and be done with it, shit or get off the pot.

Now, back to something actually important, how to make a proper potato salad (hint, it requires sour cream).

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 9 users Like Full Circle's post