I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
08-02-2015, 07:11 PM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(08-02-2015 01:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  Progress has been made on that, but you just stand by your god-of-the-gaps argument.

Progress? Either you can empirically prove abiogenesis or you can't..."Progress" lol.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2015, 07:14 PM
(08-02-2015 01:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You do realize that when you have to explain it it's already too late, right?

Laugh out load

(08-02-2015 01:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Oh. And have you googled dualism yet and are ready to discuss?

I was born ready Cool
08-02-2015, 07:19 PM
(08-02-2015 01:22 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  The laws of thermodynamics have better explanatory value because we can observe them in action, make predictions based on them and use them in practice.

You can't say the same thing about your god.

The second law of thermodynamics actually prove the finitude of the universe, so take that, along with big bang cosmology and you will see that science has confirmed what Christian theists have been saying for over 2,000 years, that "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth" (Gen 1:1).

Coincidentally, within the first 10 words of the Bible Smile
08-02-2015, 07:21 PM
(08-02-2015 12:21 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Nuff said.

There is no question that I lack belief in god(s). No debate involved. Your OP makes about as much sense as stamp collectors challenging non stamp collectors. It's retarded.
08-02-2015, 07:22 PM
(08-02-2015 01:27 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  Wow. An honest theist. Great. We're done then, because if something is indistinguishable from something that is merely imaginary, then it is imaginary and does not actually exist, no matter how well it explains something. That was fun.

Hey, whatever justification you need to get out of the intellectual spanking you was about to receive, then more power to ya Yes
08-02-2015, 07:23 PM
(08-02-2015 12:21 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Nuff said.

Hmm...debate about what? I've never done a formal debate but I might try it (if you're still here) depending on the topic.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
08-02-2015, 07:23 PM
(08-02-2015 04:54 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 03:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Oh nooooooo.

The secret is to not boil them. Cut them up and bake them in the oven. Add the vinegarette while they're warm...

Seriously...it goes from simple potato salad to food worthy a deity.

Even you. Tongue

I'm sceptical.

So am I. Baking or roasting is gonna mush 'em. Ain't gonna hold up to the dressing. Waxy ones boiled seems obvious to me. Tongue

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-02-2015, 07:24 PM
(08-02-2015 01:29 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 01:25 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  1. The human body is made up of atoms (like what scientists say)
2. Therefore, life came from non-life.

You don't have to have a PH.D in philosophy to see that the conclusion does not follow from the premise.

Yet you said this.

Quote:And naturalists a.k.a "atheists" say that inanimate matter once came to life and began talking, thinking, and having sex.

I am not so sure how absurd a talking snake can be when compared to abiogenesis

Which means you are a creationist or some form of?

So, What the hell is the deal here? Because your posts are not making any coherent sense and it seems you might be trolling us at this point if you are just going to change your mind that fast.

In other words, I am saying how is a talking snake any more absurd than inanimate matter coming to life?
08-02-2015, 07:27 PM
(08-02-2015 01:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  That's what I thought. You have nothing, and are actually incompetent to even discuss the topic, and you don't even read in original languages.
What are you, a freshman at Biola Crap College ?
My links CONTAIN information, and I WROTE one of them.
You have no poll of scholars, so you are lying. You can CLAIM scholars this or that, but in fact even the Jesus Seminar did not agree a=on what the resurrection meant. The fact that your list of fundie fools "takes on comers" to argue with, in no way means they are good at it, (at WLCraig recently proved when he was soundly trounded by Dr Carroll from Cal Tech).

But thanks for clearly demonstrating your god is nothing but a "gap" argument for explaining things you have no explanation for, (and not a REAL relationship with your Jebus). There is NO EVIDENCE you can provide Jesus existed. NONE.

BTW, how life can for from non-life, has been demonstrated in the lab. I realise it's WAY over your head, but (apart from the fact that there is no absolute boundary between life and non-life) you proved you know nothing about current science. We get nuts like you here frequently. You're not special. Neither is your god.
This series demonstrates it.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q...ck+szostak

Your Jebus said "No one shall come to me, UNLESS the Father draw him". There is no proof for any of the gods, including yours, and you have none, AND even your Jebus and St. Paul said faith was a gift. YOU cannot give that gift.

You are quite a little spark plug, aren't you? Laugh out load
08-02-2015, 07:28 PM
(08-02-2015 07:11 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I’m going to sidetrack your potato salad discussion for just a minute, sorry.

The longer I’m here the less reason I find in discussing anything having to do with gods with theists. Yes it can be entertaining and good for a few laughs but in the end we might as well be talking to a wall. Hey! That reminds me of this story...

A CNN journalist heard about a very old Jewish man who had been going to the Western Wall to pray, twice a day, every day, for a long, long time.

So he decides to check it out. He went to the Western Wall and there he was, walking slowly up to the holy site. He watched him pray and after about 45 minutes, when he turned to leave, using a cane and moving very slowly, he approached him for an interview.

"Pardon me, sir, I'm from CNN. May I have a word with you?

“Of course”, he replied.

"Sir, how long have you been coming to the Western Wall and praying?"

“For about 60 years."

"60 years! That's amazing! What do you pray for?”

"I pray for peace between the Christians, Jews and the Muslims. I pray for all the wars and all the hatred to stop. I pray for all our children to grow up safely as responsible adults, and to love their fellow man.”

“How do you feel after doing this for 60 years?"

"Like I'm talking to a fucking wall."

Where was I? Oh, right...arguing with theists.

First thing they do is point at their holy scriptures and quote them as though this holds any sway over me. I would have to believe them first and I don’t so they might as well quote to me something from The Lord of The Rings Trilogy as it would have as much impact. Like Chas says the Bible is the claim not the evidence.

Then they want to riddle you with question regarding the origins of life as though somehow humanity’s continuing quest to conclusively answer how abiogenesis occured somehow supports whatever supernatural pet theory they hold. This holds true for the event referred to as the Big Bang and what existed “before” if anything. God of the gaps is the default position for every unknown in our compedium of knowledge, an absurd and ignorant proposition. Somehow the truth position of “we don’t know” or “we don’t know yet” equates in their feeble minds as a weakness that inconceivably strengthens their argument for the supernatural.

Meanwhile whenever they are asked for evidence of their pet god what you get is a combination of presuppossitional gymnastics worthy of Olympic gold or circular arguments but nary a trace of hard proof. None, nada, zip, zilch. Look, I’m not asking for anything more than I ask of any claimant for any other claim, present verifiable evidence and be done with it, shit or get off the pot.

Now, back to something actually important, how to make a proper potato salad (hint, it requires sour cream).

A little Bleu Cheese doesn't hurt. Thumbsup