I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
08-02-2015, 07:43 PM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(08-02-2015 07:42 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 07:30 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Straight out of the oven "fresh".

Since you seem to have some sort of claim that you'll debate any atheist about, why don't you lay it all out for us?
I assume you have an imaginary friend you think is real, don't make us guess.

It's so obvious- he was getting baked.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-02-2015, 07:44 PM
(08-02-2015 12:31 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 12:23 PM)One Above All Wrote:  Provide a single, fallacy-free, logically and reality consistent argument for the existence of your particular god that doesn't apply to every other god.
I won't hold my breath.

The argument based on the Historicity of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ is an argument that doesn't apply to any other God, and is fallacy-free.

That was easy. I hope the tasks will get tougher as we go along.

There is no historicity to the resurrection of Jesus called Christ.

Full stop.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
08-02-2015, 07:45 PM
(08-02-2015 12:39 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 12:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  Sorry, no. There is no evidence corroborating your Bible stories.

There is plenty of evidence for me and the rest of the billions of Christians in this world.

No, there is not.

Full stop.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
08-02-2015, 07:50 PM
(08-02-2015 12:55 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 12:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  What is the extra-Biblical evidence for the resurrection?

Why assume that we need extra-Biblical evidence?

Because the Christian religion is a belief position, not a historical position. You said you would prove it historically, and to do that you are therefore required to demonstrate it via the Historical Method.

The floor is yours.

[+] 6 users Like Free's post
08-02-2015, 08:01 PM
(08-02-2015 07:24 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 01:29 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Yet you said this.

Which means you are a creationist or some form of?

So, What the hell is the deal here? Because your posts are not making any coherent sense and it seems you might be trolling us at this point if you are just going to change your mind that fast.

In other words, I am saying how is a talking snake any more absurd than inanimate matter coming to life?

Considering that we know that all life ever observed is comprised of inanimate matter, but no serpents with the adaptations required for any speech at all have ever been found...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
08-02-2015, 08:05 PM
(08-02-2015 07:42 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 04:41 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I wonder where our theist went? Maybe he got hungry or took a nap?

He's admitted that his God is imaginary, what else is there for him to say?

My friend, either you didn't read my whole post, or English is not your first language, because you clearly missed the subtle sarcasm in my message.

It doesn't matter what I believe; all that matters is what I can prove!
08-02-2015, 08:08 PM
(08-02-2015 08:05 PM)Job_1207 Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 07:42 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  He's admitted that his God is imaginary, what else is there for him to say?

My friend, either you didn't read my whole post, or English is not your first language, because you clearly missed the subtle sarcasm in my message.

So, it is open to interpretation?
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
08-02-2015, 08:08 PM
I'm going to start keeping a tally on the number of theists that come here claiming proof yet never provide any.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
08-02-2015, 08:11 PM
(08-02-2015 08:08 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I'm going to start keeping a tally on the number of theists that come here claiming proof yet never provide any.

You are gonna need a big sheet of paper. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-02-2015, 08:12 PM
(08-02-2015 07:38 PM)Job_1207 Wrote:  I can’t help noticing that you are not only a declared atheist, but also proud of it, almost conceited, and I don’t understand why.

Don’t know what gave you that idea but how is this relevant?

(08-02-2015 07:38 PM)‘Job_1207 Wrote:  Do you feel a certain satisfaction when you think about yourself as an atheist, as opposed to a “stupid" believer? Are you doing this out of pride, or just to spite people who believe?

Do you think of yourself as stupid?
Show me where I called believers stupid.
What exactly am I doing?

(08-02-2015 07:38 PM)‘Job_1207 Wrote:  I believe, and I'm not religious. I think religion is one of the worst things that ever happened to mankind. Because religion lies to us about God. It tells us that (1) there is a God and that (2) God is good. The lie in not in the first part of the statement, but in the second. That’s the difficult thing to digest, and of course any decent human being would rather deny the former than accept the opposite of the latter.

You seem to be having an internal struggle. I think this is a positive sign in your journey to break free from the chains of indoctrination.

(08-02-2015 07:38 PM)Job_1207 Wrote:  However, you might say, “Yeah, but if we deny the former we don’t have to worry about the latter, do we?" True. My hat off to you for saying that.

But I didn’t say that. The voices in your head did.

(08-02-2015 07:38 PM)Job_1207 Wrote:  Now, let me tell you a story about my "personal" relationship with God:

I am a normal human being, but I have an "imaginary" boss who keeps telling me what to do. I don't normally like that, but what am I going to do? He's my boss. Sometimes I don't understand why he wants me to do certain things, but, again, he's my boss. I have to do what he says, or else.
At some point, after being bossed around all over the place for a long time, I say to myself: "Okay, screw this! I've had enough." I confront him and we get into a fight, which immediately turns into a feud. He's so cruel that he doesn't even fire me. No! He actually makes sure that I can't get a transfer and will never be able to work anywhere else, because he wants to keep a close eye on me and make my life miserable. He wants to pay me back for having dared to tell him off.
Now my life is even worse that it was before. At least then he was only my "horrible" boss; now he's my revengeful, horrible enemy-boss, who's reinventing the art of torturing. On me! Finally, at the end of my wits, I ask myself: "How can I possibly get out of this predicament? Can anybody help me here?" Just stop imagining him, dummy! You said he was your imaginary boss. Yeah, I did, didn't I? But I used quotations, didn't you notice? He's not imaginary at all. I wish he were!

I’m not a psychologist but having drawn out fights with entities inside your head does not bode well.
In all seriousness have you discussed this with mental health professionals?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post