I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
08-02-2015, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2015 08:34 PM by true scotsman.)
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(08-02-2015 08:05 PM)Job_1207 Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 07:42 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  He's admitted that his God is imaginary, what else is there for him to say?

My friend, either you didn't read my whole post, or English is not your first language, because you clearly missed the subtle sarcasm in my message.

Indeed I didn't read your post. I was responding to Shadow Fox's question, so it's unclear why you are addressing this comment to me.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2015, 08:35 PM
(08-02-2015 08:24 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 08:05 PM)Job_1207 Wrote:  My friend, either you didn't read my whole post, or English is not your first language, because you clearly missed the subtle sarcasm in my message.

So understanding the art of sarcasm is related to understanding the English language? Today I Learned. Rolleyes

Not only that but I think the post he is referring to was directed at CoTW and not at him. Consider He took personal offense at an imagined slight. This one imagines a lot of things.

Edit: See true_scotsman post above.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
08-02-2015, 08:41 PM
(08-02-2015 12:21 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Nuff said.

Your dumbass thread just got hijacked.

This thread is now all about trains.

[Image: SmPhoto_Train_08_large.jpg]

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
08-02-2015, 08:42 PM
(08-02-2015 08:41 PM)Free Wrote:  

Your dumbass thread just got hijacked.

This thread is now all about trains.

[Image: SmPhoto_Train_08_large.jpg]

Not till I get some good potato salad recipes, damnit!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-02-2015, 08:43 PM
You don’t get to just declare this thread is all about trains on your say so buddy. It’s about potato salad! Dodgy

[Image: FavoritePotatoSalad3.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
08-02-2015, 08:46 PM
Job 1207,

Now that I have read your post, how can I reliably distinguish between this God you claim to have a personal relationship with and something that you are merely imagining?

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
08-02-2015, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2015 09:02 PM by pablo.)
How about a train-load of potatoe salad?

I'm from Indiana, I'm allowed to spell potatoe that way. Smile
08-02-2015, 08:53 PM

Go study some more before you throw down a challenge like that, I can, and will mop the floor with your belief, dismantle it for the hubristic, anthropocentric, childish, disingenuous, fabricated fairy tale that it is, and expose your faith for the false epistemological perspective that it is.. becareful what you ask for..

[Image: 2pzlidd.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
08-02-2015, 08:53 PM
(08-02-2015 08:43 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  You don’t get to just declare this thread is all about trains on your say so buddy. It’s about potato salad! Dodgy

[Image: FavoritePotatoSalad3.jpg]

Fuck you, it's trains.

[Image: train.jpg]

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
08-02-2015, 08:54 PM
(08-02-2015 08:53 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  

Go study some more before you throw down a challenge like that, I can, and will mop the floor with your belief, dismantle it for the hubristic, anthropocentric, childish, disingenuous, fabricated fairy tale that it is, and expose your faith for the false epistemological perspective that it is.. becareful what you ask for..

[Image: 2pzlidd.jpg]

We're saved!

Where you been? We have had to turn to potato salad to hold this one at bay till you got here.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post