I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
09-02-2015, 05:11 AM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(09-02-2015 05:04 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 12:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  Wow. I'm convinced. You're a really good 'bater Smile

well....it Does rhyme with 'tater',
So...there's that.
Smile

Master-Tater? Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
09-02-2015, 06:43 AM
(09-02-2015 01:07 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 08:24 PM)pablo Wrote:  It could be fun. Date them too.
It would be hilarious to shoot down someones assertions with something you wrote a year before they actually raised the question. Laugh out load

A little forum history for you ... sorry ... History ... for your reading pleasure.

TFTLBB.SCP!

(Thanks for the Link Birthday Boy, Snap, Crackle, Pop)!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
09-02-2015, 06:50 AM
(08-02-2015 11:33 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 11:06 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  [Image: banner_submission.jpg]

[Image: action-figure-spiderman-squashed.jpg]

[Image: img-2778815-1-192380__UNOPT__safe_pinkie...my_cry.gif]
[Image: rainbow_dash_cries_by_ninjashade-d4o6rxv.gif]

(09-02-2015 02:17 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 11:06 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  [Image: banner_submission.jpg]

[Image: action-figure-spiderman-squashed.jpg]

[Image: MLP_FiM_whypostthat.gif]

[Image: 4b3.jpg]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-02-2015, 06:52 AM
(08-02-2015 08:46 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  Job 1207,

Now that I have read your post, how can I reliably distinguish between this God you claim to have a personal relationship with and something that you are merely imagining?

Why would I be imagining the horrible "boss" I described in my post? Just to make my life miserable? What the hell would I gain from that? Who goes wishing they'd go to war one day and have their legs amputated by an exploding mine, or even worse, be the parent of a young soldier who suffered that? Would you be able to distinguish between imaginary and real if it were you and not a stranger you hear about on the news channel?

Just to make things clear, I do not have a "personal relationship" with God in the conventional way (actually I hate religion, with its indoctrination), but that doesn't mean God does not exist. I don't base my convictions on my own feelings and believe only what I want to believe. I base my convictions (about God's existence) on a logical interpretation of the hardcore evidence that I see around me. I find God mean, at best, but sweeping the dirt under the rug is not going to make it disappear; it's just going to put it out of sight. It would be a lot easier for me to pretend there was no God and go on with my life, don't you think? But no matter what, ultimately, I will never be able to lie to myself. I AM myself, and I would know about it!

It doesn't matter what I believe; all that matters is what I can prove!
09-02-2015, 06:57 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2015 07:03 AM by Full Circle.)
(08-02-2015 11:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 07:38 PM)Job_1207 Wrote:  I can't help noticing that you are not only a declared atheist, but also proud of it, almost conceited, and I don't understand why. Do you feel a certain satisfaction when you think about yourself as an atheist, as opposed to a "stupid" believer? Are you doing this out of pride, or just to spite people who believe?

This is what drives me insane.

This is an ATHEIST forum. I don't go to religious forums and accuse them of having a sense of satisfaction in their belief. Or being conceited because they believe. I'd kinda expect them to be believers.

Yet, time and again theists come here and seem surprised that we are proud to be atheists.

You aren't on a religious forum. We aren't required to pander to your belief the way governments, politicians, or even your neighbors might.

Relax Mom, they’re here to do God’s work and save our souls, they can’t help themselves. Helping themselves entails critical thinking.

@ Job-1027 - I would never “do this” to spite...ridicule maybe but never spite. I’m not that angry, just amused at how you have embraced the 3rd person voices in your head as being real and something one should listen to. Maybe I need to add concerned, yup, amused and somewhat concerned.

Because nothing says “I’m sane" more than >
[Image: voices1-717274.jpg]

[Image: voices2-717320.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
09-02-2015, 07:02 AM
(08-02-2015 07:19 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 01:22 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  The laws of thermodynamics have better explanatory value because we can observe them in action, make predictions based on them and use them in practice.

You can't say the same thing about your god.

The second law of thermodynamics actually prove the finitude of the universe, so take that, along with big bang cosmology and you will see that science has confirmed what Christian theists have been saying for over 2,000 years, that "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth" (Gen 1:1).

Coincidentally, within the first 10 words of the Bible Smile

Pretends to undestand science...

Fails miserably.

[Image: M4l7yFo.gif]

09-02-2015, 07:02 AM
(09-02-2015 06:52 AM)Job_1207 Wrote:  I base my convictions (about God's existence) on a logical interpretation of the hardcore evidence that I see around me.

Let me guess. Shit happens therefore god.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
09-02-2015, 07:05 AM
(08-02-2015 07:38 PM)Job_1207 Wrote:  Can anybody help me here?" Just stop imagining him, dummy! You said he was your imaginary boss. Yeah, I did, didn't I? But I used quotations, didn't you notice? He's not imaginary at all. I wish he were!

[Image: 128830964026872930.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
09-02-2015, 07:50 AM
(09-02-2015 06:52 AM)Job_1207 Wrote:  Why would I be imagining the horrible "boss" I described in my post? Just to make my life miserable? What the hell would I gain from that? Who goes wishing they'd go to war one day and have their legs amputated by an exploding mine, or even worse, be the parent of a young soldier who suffered that? Would you be able to distinguish between imaginary and real if it were you and not a stranger you hear about on the news channel?

And the Hits just keep on coming!

[Image: 0b8d177d77b38b21b23039ccbd5e0b1a.jpg]

You’re beginning to scare me now.

09-02-2015, 07:54 AM
(08-02-2015 06:31 PM)BnW Wrote:  I'm no authority on potatoes but German potato salad is the best. Period. Any contrary opinion to this absolute truth will be met with violence and death.

Although you are correct about German potato salad, you are a violent fundamentalist and must be drowned in cole slaw. It is for the best.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post