I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
09-02-2015, 10:57 AM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(09-02-2015 10:30 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 10:17 AM)Job_1207 Wrote:  Do you know what an educated guess is? I think you do.

Do you know what a practical impossibility is? You may, you may not.

Now, when I see a practical impossibility unfolding right before my eyes, I make an educated guess that we're no longer talking about the mathematical probability for that thing to have happened, but the absolute zero possibility for that to have happened. But I just saw it happen 100% real. How come an event that has 0% chances of happening just did? Your problem is that you mistake the probability, which may be a very small number, with an impossibility, which is zero. Not zero point something; just zero. You don't make the distinction between those two and that prevents you from seeing what I see. You see 0.00....001% and rest assured that it could have happened "by chance"; I see 0% and know it didn't happen by chance. It's simple maths, nothing else.

Please cite some examples of impossible things you have seen. Be specific. Drinking Beverage
Well, off the top of my head, sexual instinct. If you want to read about it, I can attach a four and a half-page document you might find interesting. I know it's a lot to ask, (of you to read so many pages) but you wanted me to be specific. Please read that and try to refute my arguments, and then we can take it from there.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Missing Instinct.pdf (Size: 95.99 KB / Downloads: 32)

It doesn't matter what I believe; all that matters is what I can prove!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2015, 11:04 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2015 11:08 AM by LostLocke.)
Four pages of unsourced material?
And falsely attributed to Darwin.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_o...production

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
09-02-2015, 11:10 AM
(09-02-2015 10:57 AM)Job_1207 Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 10:30 AM)Chas Wrote:  Please cite some examples of impossible things you have seen. Be specific. Drinking Beverage
Well, off the top of my head, sexual instinct. If you want to read about it, I can attach a four and a half-page document you might find interesting. I know it's a lot to ask, (of you to read so many pages) but you wanted me to be specific. Please read that and try to refute my arguments, and then we can take it from there.

Your paper is nonsense. The author (you?) has a poor understanding of evolution.

The assumption seems to be there is either a fully-developed "instinct" or nothing, a mischaracterization.
Go read a book by a real biologist. Dawkins would be a good one, or Jerry Coyne.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
09-02-2015, 11:10 AM
(09-02-2015 10:57 AM)Job_1207 Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 10:30 AM)Chas Wrote:  Please cite some examples of impossible things you have seen. Be specific. Drinking Beverage

At work.

Read the first half page and have found little more than equivocating nonsense (Hope I'm using the right term)

I do hope it gets better.

Much cheers to all.
09-02-2015, 11:15 AM
(09-02-2015 11:04 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  Four pages of unsourced material?
And falsely attributed to Darwin.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_o...production

Not to mention the trihedral pyramidal shape of honeycomb is not optimal three-dimensional geometry. That would a cell end composed of two hexagons and two smaller rhombuses.

ETA: at least as far as we have been able to determine.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
09-02-2015, 11:22 AM
(09-02-2015 10:17 AM)Job_1207 Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 08:57 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  This does not answer the question. I still am left with no alternative but to imagine this God you speak of. You say that you have so much hard core evidence but I have yet to see any. I have no doubt that if you ever do produce this evidence it will still require me to use my imagination in order to apprehend your God. It will only be evidence to someone who imagines a God behind it.

I contend that your God is wholly imagined and does not actually exist. I know this to be true because it is indistinguishable from something that is imaginary. That is why all of you are driven to get others to believe without evidence, because you somehow think that if enough people imagine along side you then it will be true. It won't though because reality does not conform itself to the imagination. Existence exists independently from anyone's conscious activity.

Do you know what an educated guess is? I think you do.

Do you know what a practical impossibility is? You may, you may not.

Now, when I see a practical impossibility unfolding right before my eyes, I make an educated guess that we're no longer talking about the mathematical probability for that thing to have happened, but the absolute zero possibility for that to have happened. But I just saw it happen 100% real. How come an event that has 0% chances of happening just did? Your problem is that you mistake the probability, which may be a very small number, with an impossibility, which is zero. Not zero point something; just zero. You don't make the distinction between those two and that prevents you from seeing what I see. You see 0.00....001% and rest assured that it could have happened "by chance"; I see 0% and know it didn't happen by chance. It's simple maths, nothing else.

Complete bullshit. Extremely highly unlikely (individual-single-unrelated) events happen all the time. In fact events with the probability of 1/gooleplex happen frequently. Any individual event is highly unlikely, however UN-related improbable events occur frequently. Therefore your proposition that an unlikely event is evidence of a deity is crap, (mathematically). Oh well. Try harder.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-02-2015, 11:28 AM
Sorry Job, I stopped reading during the bee discussion part.

I must assume the rest is just as flawed.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

09-02-2015, 12:08 PM
(09-02-2015 10:57 AM)Job_1207 Wrote:  Please read that and try to refute my arguments, and then we can take it from there.
Yep, I managed to read the whole 4 pages and you've sold it to me. The childlike storybook animal conversation style made it so much easier for me to comprehend. A lot better than all that comprecated stuff that grown ups write full of faxts and wubbish.
Darwin would have been devastated to see his lifes work dismantled so succintly.

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TubbyTubby's post
09-02-2015, 12:10 PM
(08-02-2015 07:24 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  In other words, I am saying how is a talking snake any more absurd than inanimate matter coming to life?

What you are missing is that inanimate matter undoubtedly came to life. It is indisputable that once there was no life in the universe, and now there is. Life had a beginning. Every theist will freely admit this. The question is not whether it happened, but how it happened. How does "God did it" explain anything? According to the Bible, fully formed adult plants and animals just popped into existence out of thin air. That is many orders of magnitude more improbable than anything proposed by science. The argument from absurdity will get you nowhere. Your story is much more absurd than ours.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
09-02-2015, 12:13 PM
(09-02-2015 10:17 AM)Job_1207 Wrote:  Now, when I see a practical impossibility unfolding right before my eyes, I make an educated guess that we're no longer talking about the mathematical probability for that thing to have happened, but the absolute zero possibility for that to have happened. But I just saw it happen 100% real. How come an event that has 0% chances of happening just did?

"Practical impossibility" is not "impossibility". By saying something is "practically impossible" you are only saying that it is "highly unlikely". You have no justification to make a guess, educated or not, that substitutes "impossible" for "practically impossible".

Please provide an example of something that actually has 0% chances of happening and yet you can prove happened.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post