I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
09-02-2015, 12:14 PM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(09-02-2015 11:10 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 10:57 AM)Job_1207 Wrote:  Well, off the top of my head, sexual instinct. If you want to read about it, I can attach a four and a half-page document you might find interesting. I know it's a lot to ask, (of you to read so many pages) but you wanted me to be specific. Please read that and try to refute my arguments, and then we can take it from there.

The assumption seems to be there is either a fully-developed "instinct" or nothing, a mischaracterization.

Oh, so the sexual instinct doesn't have to be fully developed in order to work? I didn't know that. I apologize, I'm not a rocket surgeon.

Allegedly it took evolution millions of years to come up with the "best design" like the shape of a wing, or a fin. The changes from one generation to the next were imperceptible to the naked eye, and could only be observed over a very long span. However, the animal that had the primitive shape of the wing had a, I don't know, a WING, and the animal that came out of the process of natural selection millions of years later had also a wing, albeit a slightly improved one.

Basically, what you're telling me here is that evolution can easily account for the improvement of an already existing body part/organ, nothing else. The fact that dinosaur scales somehow started to change their shape and turned into feathers is something you made up in order for your theory to work. And you stick in the "thermal insulation" benefit they must have had in the intermediate stages in order to give it a valid reason to keep changing and be retained by natural selection as an "asset." You simply mold your theory the way you want in order to fit the fossil records that have been found. And you have no problems stretching things beyond their breaking point, because it's the only way your theory stays afloat. Anything to save the sinking ship!

But let's get back to the sexual instinct. You imply that a certain feature doesn't have to be 100% functioning in order to work and make a slight difference and thus be retained by "natural selection" as a "good change." Now, if we go from 0 to 100% and say that evolution took millions of years to unfold, how much is the improvement in one generation? 0.001%? 0.01%? That's what evolution is all about: slight improvements from one generation to the next in millions of years, right? Well, how much would a sexual instinct developed just 0.001% contribute to mommy and daddy going to bed together tonight? That's a ridiculous question, as is your statement that sexual instinct doesn't have to be fully developed to ensure the survival of the species.

Your problem is that some features need millions of years of evolution to be justified (like the arm of a prehistoric "bat-to-be" evolving into the wing of a bat), while other features need to be there from the beginning or the whole machinery doesn't even get going. So, of course you're going to say that it took sexual instinct a short time to be instilled in the DNA of the prehistoric animals, and that it took the bat-to-be millions of years to develop into the bat. What else would you say? Well, make up your mind. Either you eat the cake or you keep it.

It doesn't matter what I believe; all that matters is what I can prove!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2015, 12:20 PM
(09-02-2015 10:57 AM)Job_1207 Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 10:30 AM)Chas Wrote:  Please cite some examples of impossible things you have seen. Be specific. Drinking Beverage
Well, off the top of my head, sexual instinct. If you want to read about it, I can attach a four and a half-page document you might find interesting. I know it's a lot to ask, (of you to read so many pages) but you wanted me to be specific. Please read that and try to refute my arguments, and then we can take it from there.

Does a snowflake require god to design each one or does it happen with natural crystalline formation?

Perhaps you can comprehend the fundamental flaw in the un-sourced .pdf that you linked.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
09-02-2015, 12:20 PM
I guess you never seen a flying squirrel.... A mammal, without wings that can do a controlled glide.....

or a Chrysopelea - a snake that can flatten it's body to become an airfoil, and fly from tree to tree.....

but ur not a "rocket surgeon".....

I'll make sure I take my rocket to somebody qualified next time it's sick.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-02-2015, 12:24 PM
(08-02-2015 12:31 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 12:23 PM)One Above All Wrote:  Provide a single, fallacy-free, logically and reality consistent argument for the existence of your particular god that doesn't apply to every other god.
I won't hold my breath.

The argument based on the Historicity of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ is an argument that doesn't apply to any other God, and is fallacy-free.

That was easy. I hope the tasks will get tougher as we go along.

Good story, Bro. Needs more dragons!

whut?
somebody had to do it

*grin*

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post
09-02-2015, 12:24 PM
(09-02-2015 12:08 PM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 10:57 AM)Job_1207 Wrote:  Please read that and try to refute my arguments, and then we can take it from there.
Yep, I managed to read the whole 4 pages and you've sold it to me. The childlike storybook animal conversation style made it so much easier for me to comprehend. A lot better than all that comprecated stuff that grown ups write full of faxts and wubbish.
Darwin would have been devastated to see his lifes work dismantled so succintly.

Thanks!Smile

09-02-2015, 12:33 PM
(09-02-2015 12:24 PM)Job_1207 Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 12:08 PM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  Yep, I managed to read the whole 4 pages and you've sold it to me. The childlike storybook animal conversation style made it so much easier for me to comprehend. A lot better than all that comprecated stuff that grown ups write full of faxts and wubbish.
Darwin would have been devastated to see his lifes work dismantled so succintly.

Thanks!Smile

At work.

Just a point, but how does asexual reproduction fit into the 'Bee story'?

Much cheers to all.
09-02-2015, 12:35 PM
Mitosis is the devils's tool......

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-02-2015, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2015 12:41 PM by Job_1207.)
(09-02-2015 12:20 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I guess you never seen a flying squirrel.... A mammal, without wings that can do a controlled glide.....

or a Chrysopelea - a snake that can flatten it's body to become an airfoil, and fly from tree to tree.....

I'll make sure I take my rocket to somebody qualified next time it's sick.......

You will be surprised how many animals I have seen, my friend. A lot more than you have, apparently, because if you had seen all the ones I have, you wouldn't be supporting evolution anymore, so don't tell me about animals. Better go borrow a Bible from one of your neighbors (I doubt you have one yourself) and read Job 12:7-9. That part is not religion; it's science. Do you know what science is? Go study a particular subject thoroughly and find out the truth. Go study the animals. And try to explain not just the spots on their fur but the behavior that they have. That will give you a clue about what evolution really isn't... that is, a VALID explanation.

09-02-2015, 12:41 PM
(09-02-2015 12:38 PM)Job_1207 Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 12:20 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I guess you never seen a flying squirrel.... A mammal, without wings that can do a controlled glide.....

You will be surprised how many animals I have seen, my friend. A lot more than you have, apparently, because if you had seen all the ones I have, you wouldn't be supporting evolution anymore, so don't tell me about animals. Better go borrow a Bible from one of your neighbors (I doubt you have one yourself) and read Job 12:7-9. That part is not religion; it's science. Do you know what science is? Go study a particular subject thoroughly and find out the truth. Go study the animals. And try to explain not just the spots on their fur but the behavior that they have. That will give you a clue about what evolution really isn't.

I bet you've seen allllll sorts of animals...... And I'd further bet a fair share are mythical, capable of human speech, and giving you advice on what to post on the internet........

Rolleyes

09-02-2015, 12:42 PM
(09-02-2015 12:38 PM)Job_1207 Wrote:  

You will be surprised how many animals I have seen, my friend. A lot more than you have, apparently, because if you had seen all the ones I have, you wouldn't be supporting evolution anymore, so don't tell me about animals. Better go borrow a Bible from one of your neighbors (I doubt you have one yourself) and read Job 12:7-9. That part is not religion; it's science. Do you know what science is? Go study a particular subject thoroughly and find out the truth. Go study the animals. And try to explain not just the spots on their fur but the behavior that they have. That will give you a clue about what evolution really isn't.

Job 12:7-9New International Version (NIV)

7 “But ask the animals, and they will teach you,
or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you;
8 or speak to the earth, and it will teach you,
or let the fish in the sea inform you.
9 Which of all these does not know
that the hand of the Lord has done this?

So the animals TOLD you that evolution is not true?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post