I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
09-02-2015, 01:33 PM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(09-02-2015 12:46 PM)Job_1207 Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 12:33 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Just a point, but how does asexual reproduction fit into the 'Bee story'?

Much cheers to all.

You gotta be kidding me!
We're talking about complex organisms with males and females here. Thats where sexual instinct is supposed to work. Let's not deviate the subject to the sexual instinct of trees and plants, please!

In all your "studies" you've never once come across anything other than plants and trees that reproduce asexually? Consider

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2015, 01:41 PM
If you're going to assert that A deity exists and created everything, and that deity has no concern for us, no concern for this planet and is generally not omniscient and unaware of large parts of this creation, then our views would not diverge too much.

I could simply say god is proxy for the forces of nature. If you want to say that god (the forces of nature) created us, then okie-dokie, you call it god, I'll call it forces of nature. Indistinguishable from a non-existent deity.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
09-02-2015, 01:43 PM
Job 1207,

I'm still waiting. How can I reliably distinguish what you call God from something you may be merely imagining?

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
09-02-2015, 01:58 PM
(09-02-2015 01:15 PM)Job_1207 Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 12:51 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  You are so fucked up.

Go read up on homologous and vestigial body parts.

Hey look! A pelvic and femur bones on whales. A coccyx bone on humans. Does that extended finger bone support the bat wing? Wow, who would've thought to look?

The science is all there, that you refuse to accept it is your failing.

Yeah, thanks. What do the homologous and vestigial body parts prove? They prove whatever you want to believe.

No Zaphod, that would be your uneducated special pleading spin on the data.

(09-02-2015 01:15 PM)‘Job_1207’ pid=‘733262’ Wrote:I see it this way:

Write a fucking paper on it, have it peered reviewed by actual scientists versed on the topic, then after it passes muster do come and tell us how you see things because up until that point your opinions on evolution are nothing more that piss-poor critiques on the lifetime works of scientists on the cutting edge of human knowledge.

You come here all full of yourself thinking you have all these important revelations and inside information on how things actually work. That you don’t know enough to even make a coherent argument presenting your “way” of seeing it confirms for me of your deluded and over-inflated perception of what you actually do know which, is to say, not much at all.

Run along and go earn yourself a biology degree or two then maybe you’d realize that countering widely held and supported scientific views takes a wee bit more than coming to this forum and saying, “Hey, look at me, I have no background in what I’m talking about, but I believe it with all my heart so it must be true even though I hold not one degree on the topic, I feel I can discuss it because, well...God.”

Cretin.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
09-02-2015, 01:59 PM
(09-02-2015 01:23 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 01:17 PM)Job_1207 Wrote:  Have you ever heard of figures of speech?

You're all over the map, you say you're not Christian, but then you cite biblical references. Which god are you asserting? General deism?

Let's say goddidit, but this particular god set in place all of the mechanisms for the universe to run by itself, including evolution, then this god went out of existence right after the creation of the universe. How would that be different from what we observe today?
You don't have to be a Christian or a Muslim or a Jedi Knight to appreciate the truthfulness of Job's words. Animals don't belong to a certain religion, so when someone tells me to study them in order to see whether they were created or simply evolved, I say, "Ha! A wise man has spoken!" And I go study the animals, which by the way is a fascinating activity. And I don't go flying planes into buildings in the name of "my god." If God commended me to go kill someone in order to get a reward, I would spit him in the face. I would have done that if I had been in Abraham's shoes, when God asked him to bring his son as a living sacrifice. Which raises the question, is God the actually the God of the Bible? Not to me. That God, as far as I am concerned was a merciless murderer. Jesus was not a murderer, but if he is the son of the Old Testament God, no thanks. I'd like to stay away from that weird family.
I haven't studied other religions (thank goodness!) so I can't tell you about other versions of "God," which means yes, you can say General deism.

It doesn't matter what I believe; all that matters is what I can prove!
09-02-2015, 01:59 PM
(08-02-2015 01:41 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Also, I would like to point out much older religions then all the abrahamic religions! The story of jesus is borrowed from the stories of other gods.

Apollonius of Tyana - Our Saviour cannot be mistaken for any other. He performed countless miracles on earth, miracles well attested to by bystanders. He healed the sick and the crippled, restored sight to the blind, cast out demons, and even raised the dead! His birth was of a virgin, foretold by an angel. While still a child, he exhibited extraordinary knowledge of religious scripture. He reformed the corrupt and worldly religions of his day. He was crucified, rose from the tomb and appeared to his disciples to prove to them his power over death, after which he ascended to Heaven to sit at the right hand of the Father. He was known as “the Son of God!” His message is of love and compassion.

Sound familiar?

Hercules - Virgin birth

zarathustra - Persian god figure, And there is of course the God-man, the prophet, the founder of a great monotheistic religion that still exist today. He preached that there was only one true God, and his teachings focused on the eternal fight between good and evil. The teachings include the idea of the Saviour will wake the dead and pass judgment on all. The righteous ones goes to Paradise and the sinful straight to a burning Hell. The very word of Paradise stems from this religion. This semigod started his career in his early thirties, and had a following of disciples. As a band of monks they wandered around, preaching their religion. He was eventually killed and sent to heaven.

Krishna - Wise men were led to his birth by a star, and his conception was miraculous. After his birth the ruler in the area wanted him dead and started a hunt for the child. But his parents were warned by a heavenly messenger who told them to escape over the river with the holy child. Here, he was met by shepherds. His adoptive human father was a carpenter. The boy grew up and did many great deeds, and was the mediator between God and man.

Mithra - The original “Light of the world” was the mediator between God and man and was born on the 25.th of December. Local shepherds witnessed his birth and gave him gifts. He had 12 disciples, and when his work was done on earth he gathered together to a last supper, and then ascended to heaven. At doomsday he will return to pass judgment on both the living and the dead. The righteous will go to heaven and the sinful will be killed in a giant fire. Sunday is his holyday, and this religion gave us the seven days of the week. His followers called each other “brothers” and their leaders “fathers”. They practiced babtism and established a sacred meal ritual, where flesh and blood was symbolically consumed by initiates. Above earth was heaven, and below the dark hell with demons and the sinners.

There is NOTHING in Christianity that is original. NOTHING!

You want to know why its the number one religion? because in addition to mass murder of anyone who disagreed with them against FAR more peaceful people, they took what was already familiar to everyone else and plagiarized it. They have been plagiarizing things since the beginning. Christianity is the copycat religion.

Start a thread, or lets meet on any platform to debate the topic of the Historicity of Jesus...and if you want to use that mumbo as your weaponry...go right ahead.
09-02-2015, 02:00 PM
(08-02-2015 01:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  A poor answer that included all that extraneous crap.

My "poor" answer doesn't amount to the ginormous amount of poor answers/objections that I've been getting.
09-02-2015, 02:03 PM
(08-02-2015 01:46 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  What life force? What is a life force? Can you demonstrate that such a force exists?

Well, "life force" is my theological presupposition creeping out....I have a better one for you...just take the "force" out of "life force" and just scientifically explain where did the "life" come from.

Of course, you won't be able to do that...so it isn't necessarily all about semantics now, is it?
09-02-2015, 02:04 PM
(08-02-2015 01:52 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I Believe it was covered in the first post. Drinking Beverage

It would have been even more covered if I began the first post with "God exists", and then I said "Nuff said".
09-02-2015, 02:06 PM
Moldy old books are not evidence.

They're just moldy old books.

Got anything else???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.