I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
09-02-2015, 02:11 PM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(09-02-2015 02:03 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 01:46 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  What life force? What is a life force? Can you demonstrate that such a force exists?

Well, "life force" is my theological presupposition creeping out....I have a better one for you...just take the "force" out of "life force" and just scientifically explain where did the "life" come from.

Of course, you won't be able to do that...so it isn't necessarily all about semantics now, is it?

Some possible pathways by which that is perfectly possible are well known to Biology. (The fact that they are unknown to you, is not our problem). In any case, even if there were no explanation, it doesn't justify the "gawd done it" gap argument.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-02-2015, 02:12 PM
(08-02-2015 02:00 PM)unfogged Wrote:  For anybody who missed it, and who has a strong stomach, this guy has been posting over in another thread starting here.

Wow, you are a bold one. As much as you were getting intellectually spanked in that thread, I'm surprised you want people to see it. Some people are so brave.

(08-02-2015 02:00 PM)unfogged Wrote:  It is all argument from personal incredulity and god of the gaps.

My god of the gaps to counter your nature of the gaps.

(08-02-2015 02:00 PM)unfogged Wrote:  COTW, can you please clarify a few things?

Knock yourself out.

(08-02-2015 02:00 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Are you a presuppositionalist?

I won't answer until I have a dictionary and a lawyer present Big Grin

(08-02-2015 02:00 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Are you a young-earth creationist?

I am still weighing the evidence on this one...but if I had to choose, I am leaning towards old earth.

(08-02-2015 02:00 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Do you believe in Noah's flood, the tower of babel, the exodus, and other such OT events?

Yes.

(08-02-2015 02:00 PM)unfogged Wrote:  What do you think constitutes sufficient evidence to accept that Jesus was resurrected?

Sufficient historical evidence that supports the fact that Jesus' disciples (including Paul and James) honestly/geniuinely/sincerely believed that they saw him post-mortem, which is what I think we have.
09-02-2015, 02:13 PM
(09-02-2015 01:59 PM)Job_1207 Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 01:23 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  You're all over the map, you say you're not Christian, but then you cite biblical references. Which god are you asserting? General deism?

Let's say goddidit, but this particular god set in place all of the mechanisms for the universe to run by itself, including evolution, then this god went out of existence right after the creation of the universe. How would that be different from what we observe today?
If God commended me to go kill someone in order to get a reward, I would spit him in the face. I would have done that if I had been in Abraham's shoes, when God asked him to bring his son as a living sacrifice. Which raises the question, is God the actually the God of the Bible? Not to me. That God, as far as I am concerned was a merciless murderer. Jesus was not a murderer, but if he is the son of the Old Testament God, no thanks. I'd like to stay away from that weird family.
I haven't studied other religions (thank goodness!) so I can't tell you about other versions of "God," which means yes, you can say General deism.
Ok, you definitely have more of my respect then, we get a lot of Christians on this forum that literally drool at the prospect of us frying in hell. Guess what? Christians think we're headed for the same place!
But yeah, the god of the bible is reprehensible, in that we agree. Thumbsup

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
09-02-2015, 02:13 PM
What the hell is it with these blowhards? This one is once again trying to pitch his own philosophical opinions as fact, and claim these opinions to dismantle known, proven, and accepted scientific theories. Unless you are a biologist with support from other biologists, please go pound sand!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
09-02-2015, 02:14 PM
(08-02-2015 02:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Just a further demonstration that he has no clue what he's talking about. No Biologist or life science person talks about a "life force".

I believe in a immaterial soul, which is in fact a force...so as I said, I was letting my theological position creep in to that one...but it doesn't matter, because as I've mentioned earlier, you can take the "force" part out and you are no closer to producing life in a lab, contrary to any bs videos you post.
09-02-2015, 02:17 PM
(09-02-2015 02:14 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I believe in a immaterial soul, which is in fact a force...

Proof or citation please! 1.) that there exists a soul, and 2.) that it would be classified as a force.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
09-02-2015, 02:18 PM
(08-02-2015 02:45 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I agree. There's a lot of shit like that in the bible. Specifically, bullshit like that.

A lot of bullshit in science too, you know, like universes popping in to being out of nothing....inanimate matter suddeningly "coming to life"....and consciousness from unconsciousness.

All horse shit to me.

(08-02-2015 02:45 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Yep, when all else fails, threats are the way to go.

God doesn't make threats, he would rather promise shit.
09-02-2015, 02:19 PM
(09-02-2015 02:14 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 02:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Just a further demonstration that he has no clue what he's talking about. No Biologist or life science person talks about a "life force".

I believe in a immaterial soul, which is in fact a force...so as I said, I was letting my theological position creep in to that one...but it doesn't matter, because as I've mentioned earlier, you can take the "force" part out and you are no closer to producing life in a lab, contrary to any bs videos you post.

Force can be measured and quantified.

"Souls" can't be.

When you can give us how many BTUs, joules, ft-lbs or horsepower is present in a soul - let us know.

Or, simply spout crap.

(predicting how this will go ---- get your shovels ready people... it's gonna be a gusher)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
09-02-2015, 02:20 PM
(09-02-2015 02:12 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 02:00 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Do you believe in Noah's flood, the tower of babel, the exodus, and other such OT events?

Yes.

Not much more to talk about if you openly state you believe in magic, and ignore evidence and information to the contrary.

— Dan Barker —
09-02-2015, 02:23 PM
(08-02-2015 07:07 PM)pablo Wrote:  That's the trick ain't it?

Evidence is subjective, so I am merely asking what kind of evidence would be needed to convince him...I am convinced, and so are billions of Christians in this world.