I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
09-02-2015, 02:25 PM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(09-02-2015 02:20 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 02:12 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Yes.

Not much more to talk about if you openly state you believe in magic, and ignore evidence and information to the contrary.

I always get a laugh out of the ones that say "God doesn't use magic -- he uses HIS POWER".....

like there's a difference.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2015, 02:25 PM
(08-02-2015 07:23 PM)Losty Wrote:  Hmm...debate about what? I've never done a formal debate but I might try it (if you're still here) depending on the topic.

Kalam
Ontological
Consciousness
Resurrection of Jesus

Choose wisely.
09-02-2015, 02:26 PM
(09-02-2015 02:18 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  A lot of bullshit in science too, you know, like universes popping in to being out of nothing....inanimate matter suddeningly "coming to life"....and consciousness from unconsciousness.

All horse shit to me.

As has been noted your entire argument is based on the arguments from personal incredulity and ignorance. There's also a touch of special pleading thrown in for good measure. You have nothing original and no evidence to support your assertions.

also, *suddenly

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
09-02-2015, 02:27 PM
(09-02-2015 02:23 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 07:07 PM)pablo Wrote:  That's the trick ain't it?

Evidence is subjective, so I am merely asking what kind of evidence would be needed to convince him...I am convinced, and so are billions of Christians in this world.

At one time EVERYBODY thought the earth was flat and the center of the universe.....

Belief isn't the same as evidence.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-02-2015, 02:27 PM
(08-02-2015 07:28 PM)BnW Wrote:  Define "prove". I read your posts to define "prove" as "recreate and make life from non life ". That is not what is required to "prove " abiogenesis. But, that seems to be what you want. If so, there is no point continuing. Science hasn't yet done that and if that's all you'll accept, the discussion is over.

Just demonstrate how life can come nonliving material, and/or how consciousness came come from unconsciousness.
09-02-2015, 02:28 PM
(08-02-2015 07:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 07:30 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Straight out of the oven "fresh".

But flavorless.

Flavor is in the tongue of the taster.
09-02-2015, 02:29 PM
(08-02-2015 07:50 PM)Free Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 12:55 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Why assume that we need extra-Biblical evidence?

Because the Christian religion is a belief position, not a historical position. You said you would prove it historically, and to do that you are therefore required to demonstrate it via the Historical Method.

The floor is yours.

Great...another all bark but no bite atheist...the place is crawling with them.
09-02-2015, 02:30 PM
(09-02-2015 02:28 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 07:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  But flavorless.

Flavor is in the tongue of the taster.

That's like saying "light is in the eye of the beholder".

It's incorrect.

Flavor is the result of chemical compounds. Taste is the body's response to those chemicals, and not the other way around as you imply.

Next.....

09-02-2015, 02:30 PM
(09-02-2015 02:23 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Evidence is subjective, so I am merely asking what kind of evidence would be needed to convince him...I am convinced, and so are billions of Christians in this world.
At work.

Um... forgive me if I'm wrong....but I thought 'Evidence' was NOT subjective....Hence, the reason it is called 'Evidence'.

Or have I missed something?

Much cheers to all.
09-02-2015, 02:37 PM
(09-02-2015 02:18 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 02:45 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I agree. There's a lot of shit like that in the bible. Specifically, bullshit like that.

A lot of bullshit in science too, you know, like universes popping in to being out of nothing....inanimate matter suddeningly "coming to life"....and consciousness from unconsciousness.

All horse shit to me.

Horse shit to you because you can't (and won't) understand the explanations given to you and dismiss if off hand because you like your creationist ideas better. For example, it was earlier explained how "inanimate" matter coming to life is meaningless because matter is not defined as living or not. You clearly haven't responded or seen it as shown by you repeating your tired argument from incredulity again.

By the way, you do know the 'universes coming from nothing' ridicule is actually attacking your creationist idea that gawd created something from nothing? And that the Big Bang theory doesn't state it came from 'nothing', it only explains the process of which our universe expanded from something highly compressed. Defining what was before the 'Big Bang' event is likely not possible as mathematical formulas that we have today break down getting close to the start of the universe as we know it today.

Quote:
(08-02-2015 02:45 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Yep, when all else fails, threats are the way to go.

God doesn't make threats, he would rather promise shit.

Oh so he PROMISES to send you to the hell that he created for an eternity if you don't obey him! What a loving god you have! Rolleyes
[+] 1 user Likes Kaepora Gaebora's post