I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
10-02-2015, 08:47 AM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(08-02-2015 08:59 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 12:31 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  The argument based on the Historicity of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ is an argument that doesn't apply to any other God, and is fallacy-free.

That was easy. I hope the tasks will get tougher as we go along.

Couple crumbs of knowledge for your consideration...

There exists not one scrap of evidence that a historical jesus ever existed...not one.

Not one person who EVER wrote of jesus, knew him. All based on stories passed down, and you know how people love to tell stories. Rolleyes

Not one person alive at the time of the mythical jesus witnessed the magical events..odd don't you think? if they had, someone would have written it down..lets take a peek at two of them..

Matthew 27:51-53
King James Version (KJV)

51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

wow Unsure interesting...zombie invasion into the holy city and not one literate human being at the time thought this was noteworthy?

Matthew 27:45 Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour.

Mark 15:33 And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour.

Luke 23:44-48 And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour.

Unfortunately for believers, there is not one shred of evidence that this happened...zero, all of the royal scribes, historians, philosophers, and literate people who wrote down and recorded EVERYTHING of any significance, failed to note the whole earth going dark mid-day for three hours...an eclipse lasts about 7.5 min max, so it wasn’t that, and there were two renowned historians who recorded each and every eclipse, as well as any other astronomical oddity....nothing, .....zero. Never happened.

Consider

resurrection huh? Well lets enter a teaching moment...the anonymous authors of Mark wrote the first version of the fairy tale, then the anonymous authors of matthew and luke based their fairy tale on mark....speaking of mark...

Mark is an interesting fable isn't it? Since Mark is the oldest of the synoptic gospels, of which the authors of matthew, and luke based their stories. All scholars agree that the last 12 verses of Mark, are highly dubious and are considered interpolations. The earliest ancient documents of mark end right after the women find the empty tomb. This means that in the first biography, on which the others based their reports, there is no post-resurrection appearance or ascension of jesus. uhoh.

Noticing this problem, a Xtian scribe decided to add verses 9-20.

John 20:30-31 - "but these are written that ye might believe that jesus is the christ, the son of god; and that believing ye might have life through his name".......just about says it all right there, let me paraphrase; "we are making up these stories to help people believe...the story."

This sounds like a red flag that what we are reading should be taken with a huge grain of salt. Kinda reminds me of the book life of constantine, ""make them to astonish" in reference to some of the shenanigans his influence on christianity had.

Matthew is riddled with whimsical creative writings as well. I find it interesting that the writer of matthew refers to "matthew" in the third person. Matthew claims jesus was born in "the days of herod the king." Yet Herod died in 4 BCE. Luke reports that jesus was born "when Cyrenius (Quirinius) was governor of Syria." Cyrenius became governor of Syria in 6 CE...that is a discrepancy of 9 years. Luke says Jesus was born during a roman census, and it is true there was a census in 6 CE. This would have been when jesus was 9 years old according to matthew. There is no evidence of an earlier census during the reign of Augustine. Which is true?

Matthew also reports that Herod slaughtered all first born in the land in order to execute jesus. No historian, contemporary or later, ever mentions this alleged genocide, an event that should have caught someones attention....like the many miraculous stories of jesus, no one at the time thought they were cool enough to record...odd don't you think?

The genealogies of Jesus present a particularly embarrassing example of why the gospel writers are not reliable historians. Matthew gives a genealogy of Jesus consisting of 28 names from David down to Joseph. Luke gives a reverse genealogy of Jesus consisting up 43 names from Joseph back to David. They each purport to prove that Jesus is of royal blood, though neither of them explains why Joseph genealogy is even relevant if he was not Jesus' father: remember, according to the story Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary and the Holy Ghost. Matthew's line goes from David's son Solomon, while Luke's goes from David's son Nathan. The two genealogies could not have been the same person.

Another problem is that Luke's genealogy of Jesus goes through Nathan, which was not the royal line. Nor could Matthew's line the Royal after Jeconiah because the divine prophecy says of Jeconiah that "no man of his seed shall prosper sitting upon the throne of David, and ruling anymore in Judah." (Jeremiah 22:30)

even if Luke's line is truly through Mary, Luke reports that Mary was a cousin to Elizabeth, who was of the tribe of Levi, not the royal line. But the really funny thing is, apparently they were not familiar with how the story goes....Joseph wasnt the father, god was. Flex

I could go on forever, but suffice it to say the Gospels are anything but relevant or factual.

Well, off to bed, enough schooling for the night. Let me know when you want your public spanking.

So basically in the above post, you've done nothing but regurgitate the same crap you used in the other thread....the same regurgitated crap that I already responded to, btw.

Tell ya what...start a new thread and post my response to your post in the OP..and we can just take it from there.

If not, then you obviously "ain't about that life".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2015, 08:54 AM
(08-02-2015 09:01 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
Yo! Call of the Wild! You've been asked:

[Image: how-old-is-planet-earth.jpg]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpbhUpejoyk

Watch this video, starting at :10, and that is how I feel about the earth. Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

And the quote is how I feel about some of you on here.
10-02-2015, 08:57 AM
(08-02-2015 10:11 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 12:31 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  The argument based on the Historicity of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ is an argument that doesn't apply to any other God, and is fallacy-free.

That was easy. I hope the tasks will get tougher as we go along.

Historical resurrection? What, like, you read it in a book somewhere, so it must be true?

This isn't that argument where you say "if he didn't resurrect, where did his body go? Resurrection is the most plausible answer?", is it?

I read in a book that Caesar was stabbed, but I didn't believe it...because I read it in a book.
10-02-2015, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2015 09:03 AM by DLJ.)
(10-02-2015 08:47 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Tell ya what...start a new thread and post my response to your post in the OP..and we can just take it from there.

If not, then you obviously "ain't about that life".

You've had more than one person indicate that they are willing to accept your challenge.

It's now up to you to choose who you want to debate, one-on-one, in the boxing ring

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
10-02-2015, 09:02 AM
What's really funny....

This guy AND his supposed "god" can't come up with anything factual between the two of them.

And no - "Small of the Mild" -- quoting moldy old books does not qualify as "fact".

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
10-02-2015, 09:04 AM
(08-02-2015 10:48 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Sorry for the late reply, I was watching a movie.

What movie? Have you seen The Equalizer yet?

(08-02-2015 10:48 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  A talking snake does not exist. Their vocal cords cannot possibly form language. anyone with even the absolute worst possible understanding of biology and zoology can easily piece that together on their own.

The talking snake was obviously a supernatural occurrence, duh...and if that is the case, then all of that biology and zoology crap is like water on a ducks back...in other words, it means absolutely nothing.

(08-02-2015 10:48 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Inanimate matter? ALL matter is inanimate. Unless you want to give the scientific world your research on how living creatures are NOT made of atoms and have it peer reviewed by non christian school funded scientists.

Wait a minute, so nothing is alive?

(08-02-2015 10:48 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  There is absolutely zero difference between living and non living things, other than how the atoms are arranged and what they form. We are nothing more than more complex versions of a rock or a giant ball of incandescent gas. We are all made out of the same things as everything else. If living creatures truly were designed, your god would had not made us out of the exact same stuff everything else was. There are also a plethora of designer flaws as well. If design is true, the designer is an imbecile.

Ok, so the man that is on trial for murder and pleads not guilty, his defense can be "I couldn't have murdered anyone, your honor, because I am/wasn't living".

Now if that doesn't convince the judge and/or jury, nothing will. Aint nothing like a good ole "I couldn't have done it because I am not/was not living" defense.
10-02-2015, 09:08 AM
This is what passes for logic in a religious world Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
10-02-2015, 09:09 AM
(09-02-2015 07:02 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Pretends to undestand science...

Fails miserably.

[Image: M4l7yFo.gif]

You've already been intellectually spanked on quite a few occasions in pathetic attempts to keep up with me on a intellectual (I just love that word) level.

So it comes as no surprise that the above quote is the best you've got at this point.
10-02-2015, 09:11 AM
(09-02-2015 07:02 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Let me guess. Shit happens therefore god.

Laugh out load Its funny...the universe popped in to being uncaused out of nothing...and the atheists response is "well, you know, shit happens" Laugh out load
10-02-2015, 09:14 AM
Citing "god" as the "origin of the universe" does nothing to address the question of origin ---

It simply knocks it one kick down the road, and replaces the origin question to a spooky, invisible creator -- rather than the visible universe that can be observed and quantified.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post