I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
10-02-2015, 09:26 AM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(09-02-2015 08:01 AM)Chas Wrote:  What are you, 13? Are you home-schooled? Have you ever read a science book?

Seriously, dude, you do not understand how science or the search for knowledge works.

Progress is what happens in science - we learn more and more. Your mistaken need for black and white answers is childish.

As much as you people appeal to science, you can't hardly be considered atheists...you people appeal to science just as much as theists appeal to God. You believe shit that you didn't see happen, and you believe it based on faith in science. Believers believe shit that we didn't see, and we believe it based on faith in God.

Holy crap, there really isn't a difference. I just had a sparkling revelation, atheists are actually theists...atheists actually have a god that they appeal to (science).

Atheists actually believe in a god Laugh out load

But seriously, it is like a record that gets played over and over again...every time someone questions science (evolution, most of the time), they always get accused of being ignorant..."you just don't understand how it works" "you just don't understand evolution"....as if they are so smart and we are so stupid...apparently the criterion for being knowledgeable regarding science is being an atheist...apparently, when you become an atheist you magically gain knowledge of science Laugh out load

What a joke.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2015, 09:32 AM
(10-02-2015 09:26 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  What a joke.

And you're the punchline...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
10-02-2015, 09:36 AM
(09-02-2015 12:10 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  What you are missing is that inanimate matter undoubtedly came to life. It is indisputable that once there was no life in the universe, and now there is. Life had a beginning. Every theist will freely admit this. The question is not whether it happened, but how it happened. How does "God did it" explain anything?

Well, how does "Nature did it" explain anything?

(09-02-2015 12:10 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  According to the Bible, fully formed adult plants and animals just popped into existence out of thin air. That is many orders of magnitude more improbable than anything proposed by science. The argument from absurdity will get you nowhere. Your story is much more absurd than ours.

According to the Bible, there was a mastermind behind the project....according to naturalism, there was no mastermind...a blind and mindless process just did everything Laugh out load
10-02-2015, 09:39 AM
(09-02-2015 12:20 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Does a snowflake require god to design each one or does it happen with natural crystalline formation?

Let me know when you see a snowflake that resembles Air Force One, then we can talk about design.
10-02-2015, 09:42 AM
There can be no discussion with the religious. Religion cannot be reasoned with, as it is not accepting corrections, and will not make concessions. If the bible said the sky is green, and 2+2=2... It would still remain above questioning.

There is no point in discussing anything, since the religious aren't allowed to believe anything else. To think otherwise would be foolish, bad science. The only people worth having a discussion with are ones willing to change their mind, even if it means shattering their fondly held beliefs.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
10-02-2015, 09:42 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2015 09:47 AM by Chas.)
(10-02-2015 09:26 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 08:01 AM)Chas Wrote:  What are you, 13? Are you home-schooled? Have you ever read a science book?

Seriously, dude, you do not understand how science or the search for knowledge works.

Progress is what happens in science - we learn more and more. Your mistaken need for black and white answers is childish.

As much as you people appeal to science, you can't hardly be considered atheists...you people appeal to science just as much as theists appeal to God. You believe shit that you didn't see happen, and you believe it based on faith in science. Believers believe shit that we didn't see, and we believe it based on faith in God.

I believe based on evidence, not faith.

Quote:Holy crap, there really isn't a difference. I just had a sparkling revelation, atheists are actually theists...atheists actually have a god that they appeal to (science).

Atheists actually believe in a god Laugh out load

Science is a method, not a belief.

Quote:But seriously, it is like a record that gets played over and over again...every time someone questions science (evolution, most of the time), they always get accused of being ignorant..."you just don't understand how it works" "you just don't understand evolution"....as if they are so smart and we are so stupid...apparently the criterion for being knowledgeable regarding science is being an atheist...apparently, when you become an atheist you magically gain knowledge of science Laugh out load

What a joke.

No, you really are stupid. You are willfully ignorant and proud of it. Pathetic.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
10-02-2015, 09:43 AM
(10-02-2015 09:36 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  according to naturalism, there was no mastermind...a blind and mindless process just did everything Laugh out load

And what is so wrong with that?

Drinking Beverage

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
10-02-2015, 09:46 AM
(10-02-2015 09:43 AM)Free Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 09:36 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  according to naturalism, there was no mastermind...a blind and mindless process just did everything Laugh out load

And what is so wrong with that?

Drinking Beverage

It doesn't agree with his interpretation of an archaic book - hence it must be wrong.

Don't you know ANYTHING???

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
10-02-2015, 09:48 AM
(10-02-2015 09:36 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 12:10 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  What you are missing is that inanimate matter undoubtedly came to life. It is indisputable that once there was no life in the universe, and now there is. Life had a beginning. Every theist will freely admit this. The question is not whether it happened, but how it happened. How does "God did it" explain anything?

Well, how does "Nature did it" explain anything?

It doesn't, but we are not the ones making outrageous claims. When we don't know something, we are humble enough to say "we don't know" instead of "must have been God". Postulating God doesn't solve or explain anything.

Quote:
(09-02-2015 12:10 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  According to the Bible, fully formed adult plants and animals just popped into existence out of thin air. That is many orders of magnitude more improbable than anything proposed by science. The argument from absurdity will get you nowhere. Your story is much more absurd than ours.

According to the Bible, there was a mastermind behind the project....according to naturalism, there was no mastermind...a blind and mindless process just did everything Laugh out load

We don't know who "did everything", and neither do you. When you get to that point, you start making shit up. We just say "we don't know". Where did your "mastermind" come from, and where is the evidence that supports his/her/its existence? The Bible doesn't count -- it's a book, not evidence. Anyone can write a book. I can write a book and claim that I am God -- doesn't prove anything.
10-02-2015, 09:56 AM
(10-02-2015 09:26 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  ...apparently, when you become an atheist you magically gain knowledge of science Laugh out load

Not magic... hard work and lots of reading (more than just one book).

And that goes too for those of us who did not become atheists.

Wink

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post