I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
10-02-2015, 10:01 AM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(10-02-2015 09:56 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 09:26 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  ...apparently, when you become an atheist you magically gain knowledge of science Laugh out load

Not magic... hard work and lots of reading (more than just one book).

And that goes too for those of us who did not become atheists.

Wink
Absolutely.

EVERYONE starts off as an atheist. Children do not have an inborn tendency to believe nonsense. That's a learned behavior, courtesy of a religious education.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2015, 10:04 AM
Some people DO have faith in science...

They're the ones who fall for click bait crap like "scientists find miracle plant that allows for telekinetic human flight..."

The majority of us are actual skeptics. We will examine and attempt to understand the arguments presented. Skepticism is not misrepresenting and rejecting an argument based on ignorance or an appeal to feels. It is painfully obvious through the OP's counter arguments that he does NOT understand evolution well enough to actually reject it based on skeptical analysis.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
10-02-2015, 10:08 AM
(09-02-2015 02:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 02:03 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Well, "life force" is my theological presupposition creeping out....I have a better one for you...just take the "force" out of "life force" and just scientifically explain where did the "life" come from.

Of course, you won't be able to do that...so it isn't necessarily all about semantics now, is it?

Some possible pathways by which that is perfectly possible are well known to Biology. (The fact that they are unknown to you, is not our problem). In any case, even if there were no explanation, it doesn't justify the "gawd done it" gap argument.

Laughable. I looked the guy up on good ole Wikipedia because I never heard of the dude, and I had just scanned the article for "abiogenesis" and/or "origin of life"...didn't find either...although he is a leading authority in the field of genetics, which is much respected...however, based on the fact that my question is on origins...I don't know why you gave me this mumbo.

Starting at 5:04 he said, "So what it really comes down to the question "Is it easy or hard for life to emerge from the chemistry of early planets. And unfortunately its gonna be a long time before we can answer that question in the most satisfying way by direct observation. Even to get in to indirect evidence from spectrophicy (don't know that word) of planetary atmospheres may take 10, 20, 50 years to look like earth like planets."

So we have to wait at least 50 years just to get the indirect evidence Laugh out load let alone the direct observational evidence. Laughable.

As I said, science doesn't have a clue to the origins of life from nonliving material, and so far you've presented nothing that says otherwise.

So a damn near hour long video, when all I needed was a good minute or so amount of information to make my point...geez, you sure do know how to make a short story long Laugh out load

And not only that, but starting at 5:04, look at his nervous mannerisms as he spoke about not having the observation evidence, his entire demeanor changed as he spoke about the optimism of it all....he looked like ISIS was in the background with AK-47's pointed at him as he spoke. Laughable.

And for you to act so big and bad as if you are the man with the answers, you shown nothing from either your posts or your videos. NOTHING.
10-02-2015, 10:12 AM
(09-02-2015 02:17 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Proof or citation please! 1.) that there exists a soul

The argument from consciousness is what I use to demonstrate that the mind(soul) is distinct from the body/brain, and therefore there can be no natural way to explain the origins of the mind

(09-02-2015 02:17 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  and 2.) that it would be classified as a force.

Force is synonymous with energy...and energy is can be classified as a force.
10-02-2015, 10:16 AM
(10-02-2015 08:57 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 10:11 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Historical resurrection? What, like, you read it in a book somewhere, so it must be true?

This isn't that argument where you say "if he didn't resurrect, where did his body go? Resurrection is the most plausible answer?", is it?

I read in a book that Caesar was stabbed, but I didn't believe it...because I read it in a book.

Whether Caesar was stabbed or not, whether you believe this particular incident or not, doesn't much matter. Now if you read that Caesar was stabbed, was killed, came back to life, ascended to heaven .....then you better take a good, hard look at the story and find unbiased, outside sources for this information before you believe it.

You don't do this for the Jesus story.

Read goodwithoutgod's posts.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
10-02-2015, 10:16 AM
(10-02-2015 10:12 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 02:17 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Proof or citation please! 1.) that there exists a soul

The argument from consciousness is what I use to demonstrate that the mind(soul) is distinct from the body/brain, and therefore there can be no natural way to explain the origins of the mind

(09-02-2015 02:17 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  and 2.) that it would be classified as a force.

Force is synonymous with energy...and energy is can be classified as a force.

How many watts, joules, ft-lbs or horsepower is that "soul" force you dribble on about????

Force can be quantified.

Imaginary stuff, not so much.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
10-02-2015, 10:17 AM
(09-02-2015 02:19 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Force can be measured and quantified.

"Souls" can't be.

When you can give us how many BTUs, joules, ft-lbs or horsepower is present in a soul - let us know.

Or, simply spout crap.

(predicting how this will go ---- get your shovels ready people... it's gonna be a gusher)

Yeah, I had to shovel a lot of your crap...and it came in the form of logical fallacies. But that's ok, because since you've just proven my point for me, I will let you slide.

In order to demonstrate just how much you've proven my point for me, I will ask you a question..

How many BTU's, joules, ft-lbs is present in a thought? -- let me know Laugh out load
10-02-2015, 10:19 AM
(09-02-2015 02:25 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I always get a laugh out of the ones that say "God doesn't use magic -- he uses HIS POWER".....

like there's a difference.....

Well, what magic did nature use to have life come from nonliving materials?
10-02-2015, 10:20 AM
Brain activity CAN be measure in pico volts.

The electrical synapses can be observed, and quantified.

Well -- for most people..

I suspect you might well be the exception..................

____________________________________________ < there's your EEG reading....

[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
10-02-2015, 10:22 AM
(10-02-2015 10:19 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 02:25 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I always get a laugh out of the ones that say "God doesn't use magic -- he uses HIS POWER".....

like there's a difference.....

Well, what magic did nature use to have life come from nonliving materials?

None.

Magic only exists in the imagination.

Or religion.