I will debate any atheist on here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
10-02-2015, 02:58 PM
RE: I will debate any atheist on here
(10-02-2015 09:39 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 12:20 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Does a snowflake require god to design each one or does it happen with natural crystalline formation?

Let me know when you see a snowflake that resembles Air Force One, then we can talk about design.

This is just the kind of response I've come to expect from someone who is just here to troll and not actually engage.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-02-2015, 03:13 PM
(08-02-2015 01:36 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 01:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is nothing else but atoms arranged in a particular way that has been found to make any living matter.

But where did the LIFE force come from? There are plenty of dead bodies at the morgue that are made up of atoms arranged in a particular way, yet they are not living. So it is clear that the life force and the physical matter are two different things.

You're erroneously attempting to place "life" in some special category. At the basics, we're not all that different from machines. Humans and machines both require a specific set of parts working together as a system that is propelled by fuel. Food, water, and air are the fuels for humans. Atoms arranged in specific patterns are our parts. If you remove the fuels or too many parts break or wear down, the system stops functioning. For machines, we say they're beyond repair and we throw them out. For humans, we say they're dead. Just different labels.

There is no "life force" and no "soul". That's just an erroneous concept developed long ago by people that didn't know any better. Today we do know better. Well, at least some of us do. Dodgy

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 4 users Like Impulse's post
10-02-2015, 03:26 PM
(10-02-2015 02:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 09:39 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Let me know when you see a snowflake that resembles Air Force One, then we can talk about design.

This is just the kind of response I've come to expect from someone who is just here to troll and not actually engage.

Yep.
[Image: troll-o-meter_zpsfiq2rkyf.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
10-02-2015, 03:26 PM
(10-02-2015 08:54 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 09:01 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
Yo! Call of the Wild! You've been asked:

[Image: how-old-is-planet-earth.jpg]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpbhUpejoyk

Watch this video, starting at :10, and that is how I feel about the earth. Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

And the quote is how I feel about some of you on here.

You have said that you will debate any atheist on here. I am an atheist. I have asked you a question. Answer or concede failure.

I hope that your subsequent replies will have more substance than these sad ad hominems that made up your first reply to me.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
10-02-2015, 04:07 PM
Call of the wild...

[Image: 29dda8l.jpg]

Smartass

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
10-02-2015, 04:17 PM
(10-02-2015 09:26 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  As much as you people appeal to science, you can't hardly be considered atheists...you people appeal to science just as much as theists appeal to God. You believe shit that you didn't see happen, and you believe it based on faith in science. Believers believe shit that we didn't see, and we believe it based on faith in God.

Facepalm

Up to now I was thinking how utterly pathetic this thread has been for someone who came in here all arrogant with "Nuff said", piles of unfounded claims, hilarious delusions of giving "intellectual spankings", and all the while receiving all those intellectual spankings in spades. Just when I thought you couldn't embarrass yourself anymore, you posted this. Have you read anything on this site... even posts in this thread?

Here, let me separate this out for you so you don't miss it again:
Science is based on evidence... not faith. It's based on what is observed, not on "shit that we didn't see".

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
10-02-2015, 04:18 PM
(10-02-2015 09:39 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 12:20 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Does a snowflake require god to design each one or does it happen with natural crystalline formation?

Let me know when you see a snowflake that resembles Air Force One, then we can talk about design.

Will you look at that? Looks like six jet airplanes connected at their noses. Amazing how nature can create complexity without supernatural forces to control or design it.

[Image: w050207a039.jpg]

These look like stealth fighters!

[Image: w031230a113.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 8 users Like TheInquisition's post
10-02-2015, 05:55 PM
(09-02-2015 02:42 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Paul claims only to have seen a vision, not a physical being.

He didn't say, "I saw a vision"...he said that Jesus appeared to him, and he said this in the same context when he was mentioning Jesus' appearance to the disciples.

(09-02-2015 02:42 PM)unfogged Wrote:  The stories about the disciples seeing Jesus post-mortem can't be traced back further than 30+ years after the events

Paul received the creed (1Corin 15:3-7), historians believe, to within 5 years after the cross. The belief in the Resurrection was early stuff. Now yeah, things were probably WRITTEN down 25-30 years later, but the Resurrection itself was an early belief.

(09-02-2015 02:42 PM)unfogged Wrote:  are contradictory

Really? Like what?

(09-02-2015 02:42 PM)unfogged Wrote:  and make much more sense when read as fan fiction than history.

To the billions of Christians that have either believed or was converted, it makes more sense to be read as non-fiction than fiction in history.

(09-02-2015 02:42 PM)unfogged Wrote:  You shouldn't believe everything you read.

I don't..I don't believe the Quran, Origin of Species, or the Book of Mormon (non-inspired)...so I don't believe everything I read.

(09-02-2015 02:42 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Even if I accepted that there was a Jesus and disciples and that they honestly thought they saw him living after they saw him killed it would not be proof that it happened.

If you accept that they believed that they saw him living after he was killed, then you can't say they were lying...so then the question would be, why did they believe it?

(09-02-2015 02:42 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Do you believe other accounts of similar events?

No.
10-02-2015, 06:01 PM
(09-02-2015 02:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Calling a video made by a Nobel winner "bs" simply demonstrates your bankrupt intellectual position, and demonstrates to all you are totally incapable of addressing any of the chemistry involved, and thus thus your complete ignorance of the entire enterprise. I thought you said you were here to "debate", not shit all over.

Loser.

Jebus is Lard.

Just think...however many seconds/minutes it took you to go through all that trouble to find that video and post it on here...you will never get that time back...ever.

That video was about as useless and a no-mouthed dog in a frisbee contest...the guy said that life from nonlife isn't observable....yet, that is what I was asking.

If you don't embrace your failures, I will embrace them for you Thumbsup
10-02-2015, 06:09 PM
No-mouthed dog? Clearly we are dealing with one well-educated troll.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user